or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Not impressed with my new car - Display screen blank

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
zoobs   
Tue Feb 17 2015, 07:10am
Member No: #38336
Sorry for not updating guys, but my car has been back at the dealer for a fortnight. The dealer didn't want to know about any info I had from the internet and said Citroen would deal with it. I got a phone call after a couple of days saying they were going to replace the top screen, but there were none in stock and they would be in the country on the 18th, I received another phone call today saying they would not be in the country till the 25th. The dealer is still going along the lines of this is a one off fault and is being dealt with in the appropriate manner by Citroen. I’ll keep you posted.
Cheers Zoobs
ColinB   
Tue Feb 17 2015, 07:58am
Member No: #2394
Just following up in answer to questions about my car which has just had the top screen replaced. It's a C4P, Exclusive (not +),1.6eHDi 115, manual with build date: 18th December 2014.

Colin
BusterDan   
Wed Feb 18 2015, 05:03pm
Member No: #37679
Thanks Colin..
zoobs   
Sat Feb 28 2015, 06:22am
Update on my previous posts; the screen did not arrive on the 25th as promised, when I contacted the dealer for an explanation I was told that no one should have told me that the part would be in stock then, as they do not know 100% when the part will arrive, they are given weekly updates by Citroen and informed when they are expecting delivery, but this is never guaranteed until the part is actually with Citroen in the UK.

The dealer said they will update me again next week but have given no specific date this time. In the meantime I’m driving about in a courtesy car, far inferior to the car that I paid for, although that is a moot point as at least this one works. I think I read somewhere that you must give them a month to fix the car then you can demand your money back or a replacement, but I do not know if there is any truth in this?

I also have the added problem of a personal number plate, which I suppose I will have to pay for the retention again. Citroen is rapidly becoming a swear word in our house and I think if I ever mentioned buying one again my wife would feel she had justifiable grounds for divorce, this whole experience is a nightmare.

Zoobs
zoobs   
Fri Mar 06 2015, 03:40am
Got my car back late yesterday evening and all seems to be OK, the dealer is still taking the attitude that this was a one off and not an on-going issue. Both screens had a black background and not the bright blue when I first took delivery of the car, however this is probably just a different theme and I will have a play with it at the weekend. I’ll keep you up to date with how I get on and if there are any more issues.
Zoobs
bluehdi   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 06:37am
Member No: #2617
Zoobs - glad to hear your top screen issue is resolved. The replacement screen in my car has remained working 100% through cold weather and plenty of use. Everytime I unlock the car I do still hold my breathe for a moment and check the screen illuminates correctly!

I know Citroen were trying to find another solution (rather than screen part replacement). I understand that Citroen have last week updated their 'information bulletin' which advised to replace the screen if the customer was difficult and may now have another solution to 'any' top screen problems (total black screen, line out or blue screen when in reverse).

I'll see if I can establish any further info.
bluehdi   
Sun Mar 08 2015, 11:22am
An official TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) now exists which requires dealers to submit a claim for approval to replace the single top screen. It seems the process has been further streamlined to gain approval within a period of time, although as always parts availability will be the usual problem.

The TSB applies if the top screen is black on starting, white or blue (when starting, navigating or reversing) or has any horizontal lines across it.
niggly56   
Fri Aug 14 2015, 02:34am
Member No: #41618
Mine failed the day after I collected it. My car was built in July 2014 although not registered until March 2015 (another story!). The screen had a line across the bottom of it, through the text and showed 10 fault codes on the car according to the AA man. The screen was replaced under warranty. My dealer lent me a C4 saloon whilst mine was being repaired. It seems the Magnetti Marelli screens have a quality issue. They throw a lot of Canbus errors and ESP/DSR and engine fault codes.
bluehdi   
Mon May 30 2016, 02:48am
It still amazes me that official Citroen dealers have cars advertised for sale with this fault clearly showing. This is a 14 plate model on a dealers website. You'd think they'd sort out the repair before putting photos live!

Given the huge cost of top screen replacement, I would definitely recommend people keep a watch on this problem developing on your car. It shows itself with subtle lines out on the screen as well as the top screen blue, black or complete/partial display not working.

bluehdi   
Wed Oct 19 2016, 01:44pm
Well the latest update (for me anyway) is that having taken my C4GP in for its second service today, apparently Citroen have from the 12th October, now starting issuing 'workshop interventions' on some cars for the top screen failures. I was told that my car apparently requires yet another new top screen, despite having not had any problems since the first screen replacement! I asked and it seems that this isn't an official VOSA recall, but one where Citroen dealers are told on their system, when looking up your car, to carry out certain procedures.

The screen has been ordered and the fitting time (just over 30 mins) is planned in for two weeks time.

I had a huge saga when I first took delivery (back in Nov 2014) with my brand new C4GP and it was off the road for almost a month, whilst Citroen couldn't figure out how to fix the issue. Eventually a new screen was obtained (they couldn't get the parts to begin with) and fitted it on my car, and since then I've had no problems whatsoever.

My dealer has told me the replacement top screen part fitted back in 2014, is a different part number to that stated on the new bulletin (9815286580), hence the need to replace it again. Goodness only knows how much this is costing Citroens suppliers, as the screen alone is over £800.

Although I wasn't allowed to have any printed detail, I did see an 'NPL' code noted.

My main concern is trim damage. The supplying Citroen dealer that investigated and eventually replaced the screen before, left prise marks on the trim in front of the screen, which I demanded was replaced.

Still at least the new sceeen will be even newer than the one I have currently and hopefully last longer!
routemaster1   
Wed Oct 19 2016, 02:20pm
Member No: #574
It will be interesting to see whether I will need this at next service (May next year)
bluehdi   
Wed Oct 19 2016, 02:28pm
It will indeed be very interesting if you and others are told this as well.

Whilst I was in the dealer on Tuesday, a lady came in and said that on her new car, the screen had initially randomly changed to km/h, then it went completely blank and now wouldn't come on. Certainly the blank screen was a very familiar symptom to me!

No mention of the model of car, but I asked afterwards and yes its a C4 Picasso, pretty much brand new (but pre-facelift). So even recent vehicles are still exiting the factory with this issue.
fulabeer   
Thu Oct 20 2016, 05:20am
Member No: #45669
I would be surprised if the screen cost more than £50. £800 to you and me though because where else can we go!
bluehdi   
Sun Oct 30 2016, 08:38am
Have postponed any fitment of another top screen until nearer my warranty end date next year.
bluehdi   
Fri Dec 30 2016, 04:16am
First time I've seen the problem officially acknowledged in the French car magazines (see link below). The date is interesting as well. I suspect a further revision of the part was made for top 12" screens after this date, hence me being told as part of a Citroen workshop recall, my perfectly working screen needs to be replaced (NPL) at some point, before the warranty runs out.

- Click Here -
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member