or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Brake upgrade

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Retailgenius   
Mon Jan 26 2015, 02:02pm
Member No: #38588
Hi peeps,

The brakes on my VTS are pants. I'm looking to fit upgraded discs and pads.

I've seen a pair of Tarox G88 grooved discs that seem decent, with an added bonus of looking smart behind my Resolfens!

As for pads, I ran Mintex M1144's on my EP3 Civic with standard discs and had confidence of decent stopping ability during a session of spirited driving.

Does anyone run upgraded discs and pads on their VTS? If so, I'd like to hear any recommendations.

Thanks!
Jon
wozza   
Mon Jan 26 2015, 04:30pm

Member No: #2
I would start with pads, lines and fluid unless discs need done.

Even the standard stuff should be more than capable of a spirited road thrash though. I mean mine coped with Combe and Rockingham.

If you want a proper upgrade though, Tarox discs, with some CL RC5+, some decent fluid and lines. Should be more than up to the task. Tarox can knock lines up for you if you phone them directly at Haslingden. They made some up for me anyway.

Used to go in an get stuff off them myself, as I ran a 10 pot Tarox kit on the front of my VTS. They tend to be a bit better with prices too. Will usually get it close to what they sell it to retailers for.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 Retailgenius (27 Jan 2015 : 13:29)
Retailgenius   
Tue Jan 27 2015, 01:30pm
Member No: #38588
Cheers Wozza. The discs have been on the car for a good few years, and as such I'm going for an all round refresh.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member