or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

FAP or not.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
SRichardson   
Fri Jan 16 2015, 04:18am
Member No: #38713
Morning,

Apologies if this is a silly question - how do I know if my C4 110bhp HDi is FAP or not as I'm thinking of putting a Tuning Box on and there appears to be a difference? (It's a 2007 Coupe).

Thanks.
wilcovh   
Fri Jan 16 2015, 05:44am
Member No: #28268
Look here. - Click Here -
BigJohnD   
Fri Jan 16 2015, 05:45am

Member No: #82
Note your car's VIN and then - Click Here -

Tuning boxes are not really that good often doing no more than squirting in additional fuel, but as your car won't have anti-tuning protection, a re-map really will improve performance.

Angel Tuning are one of the best: - Click Here -
wilcovh   
Fri Jan 16 2015, 07:23am
Member No: #28268
Agree on remap. Tuning boxes give more torque, not a lot of fuel saving but you can take them to your next car for low cost if you buy the right one.
There is one but on a remap and tuning box. If they notice it you will fail MoT. A tuning box is then easy to remove temporary.
This is the reason that I have still not decided.
And our local Citroen dealer sells and installs tuning boxes to my surprise.
SRichardson   
Fri Jan 16 2015, 07:32am
Member No: #38713
Thanks for the replies, its was easy when you know. I had a Tuning Box on my Golf GT TDi a few years ago and it was great - improved the power and mpg no end?
wozza   
Fri Jan 16 2015, 12:27pm

Member No: #2
wilcovh wrote ...

Agree on remap. Tuning boxes give more torque, not a lot of fuel saving but you can take them to your next car for low cost if you buy the right one.
There is one but on a remap and tuning box. If they notice it you will fail MoT. A tuning box is then easy to remove temporary.
This is the reason that I have still not decided.
And our local Citroen dealer sells and installs tuning boxes to my surprise.

Remaps, tuning boxes etc are fine come MOT time. MOT doesn't give them access to the ECU or its stored programming. MOT guidelines can be found online and there is nothing which mentions remaps / tuning boxes.

Plus even if they hooked it up, diagnostics don't show the actual engine map and then they would also need something to compare it too. Not something to worry about, there would be a bit of an uproar from the public if suddenly lots of cars were failing on a remap.

Now granted a bad remap can fail if it causes lots of smoke or the emissions are out. That's all though. Then it would just be put as emissions / too much smoke. Not the map itself that would be blamed.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member