or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

C4 Grand Picasso Plus - Top Screen Issues

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Anhunedd   
Sat Sep 13 2014, 09:01am
Member No: #34658
How's it going? You may have seen I finally got my replacement car... only to find it has a faulty top display. Different fault - the very top of the display is broken, but with TFT displays, that can be a pre-cursor to complete failure.

Won't know until Monday how that'll be dealt with - the dealer knows that it's been supplied faulty though.
ivesbrian   
Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:06am
Member No: #19719
Hi Anhunedd sorry to hear about your continuing woes, do not expect a new display screen too quickly as from my experience, these are not in stock and have to be ordered from whoever the manufacturer is directly into France?

To update my continuing saga, we were eventually contacted by Citroen Customer Care on the Monday following the week of delivery (exactly one week later)and promised a hire car.

We had to go all the way to Heathrow to collect it as the local depot of the hire car company did not have any suitable cars available. We were given a Toyota Verso which turned out to have a faulty fuel gauge as it used a whole tank of diesel in the 9 mile journey home .

This prompted another trip back to Heathrow the next morning and we now have a Vauxhall Zafira Tourer which the wife loves (mainly because it works)!

The new top display screen (instrumental panel part which they think will repair our new car) should be in France on the 18th and hopefully be with my local dealer on the 19th or 22nd?

Will give you an update on how the repair progresses?

Anhunedd perhaps you could help answer the question which Citroen could not? When you switch off the car using the start/stop switch what happens to the display screen?

Does it go off immediately or does it show the start up screen telling you to "put your foot on the brake and press start" for a period of about two or so minutes?
Anhunedd   
Thu Sep 18 2014, 03:06am
Well, given the proviso that I've only seen my C4GP for a little over one day in the last 2 months, I'm pretty sure that it always keeps the screen on for a while after you turn the engine off.

Even if you leave the car and lock it - I remember back when I first got it in Feb/March and returning in the dark and being a little concerned that I was walking away from a locked car with that screen still showing.

Interesting your hire car had a faulty fuel display - that's what happened in my hire car provided by Citroen resulting in me running out of fuel on the road. The AA patrol who attended said that it was quite common in hire cars - they get filled by the people who last hired it and then unscrupulous engineers syphon some off back in the garage. Even if they don't take it all, it eventually screws with the fuel sensors.

I have no idea when my display will be fixed. I have heard nothing back from the dealer since they took the car back. Which is part of the problem - nobody bothers to update me on progress.
1 User said Thank You to Anhunedd for this Post :
 ivesbrian (19 Sep 2014 : 06:02)
ivesbrian   
Fri Sep 19 2014, 06:12am
Member No: #19719
Hi

Thanks Anhunedd for the information, it just seems strange that the "put foot on brake and press start" nag screen should show when switching off.

I can see why if you enter the car and the screen comes to life, but for two to three minutes after you switch off? Seems very strange and not the behaviour I would expect - Au Revoir would be better .

Telephoned my local agent who has our new car awaiting repair this morning, they have just advised that the required part has been delayed and is now not expected in France until the 24th, a week later that estimated!

Hire car runs out on the 22nd so I am now awaiting a call from Citroen Customer Care to confirm an extension (I will not hold my breath here).

If the part arrives in the UK on the 25th that'll mean that we have had the car for half a day so far and Citroen will have had it for 24 plus days!

It had better still have the full tank of diesel and delivery mileage only still on it! Wonder if you can force them to extend the start date of the 3 year warranty considering for the first month the car will more or less still be with them?

Mind you I still have to see if this part will fix it yet, the wife is so fed up, this has taken the shine out of what should have been a very special and expensive occasion!
IanD   
Wed Oct 01 2014, 04:50am
Member No: #37523
Hi

Took delivery of a new Citroen Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive (e-HDi 115 manual) on 1st August and this is my account of my top screen issue from last week.

I unlocked the car door and went to press the Start button but noticed that the top screen was still dark, not lit up. Pressed the Start button to switch the ignition on and still no light, I also noticed that the parking break light was not lit up too. Foot on the clutch, press the Start button and the engine started, but there were warning beeps, I assumed to alert me that the top screen was not working. I flicked to parking break button and move the car on the drive, the handbrake had released, so put the car back where it had been left.

I then called the car leasing company that then put me through to the AA and after explaining to them the problem, they sent out a patrol. To make it easier for the AA to spot my car I thought I’d move it to the front of the drive so it would be more visible. But as I press the Start button to switch the ignition on the top screen came to life, problem solved I thought, so called to stop the AA patrol.

Thinking I could now drive to work Ok I started the engine, top screen was working but I got the warning beeps again. Ah the issue wasn’t solved! But set off for work, after about 1.5 miles I noticed that the Engine Auto Diagnosis System light had fail to go out, so parked up for a few minutes with the engine switched off wondering if that might help. Started the engine again, top screen working and the warning beeps were still there so carried on to work.

By the time I’d got to work, a drive of 11 miles in total, the Engine Auto Diagnosis System light was still on. So another call to the AA via the leasing company. When the AA arrived, I told him the issue and he went to start the car and it started as it should, top screen came on, no warning beeps and the Engine Auto Diagnosis System light went out virtually straight away, typical! He then connected his diagnostic kit up and came up with a fault code U0028, I think, and told me that as the car was new he only had limited information and that I would need to take the car to a Citroen dealer to find out what the problem was.

So I called the local dealer where the car had come from, told them the problem and was booked in later that day for them to look into things. What they told me was, they had looked into the issue, been in touch with Citroen and I would need a new top screen fitting.

So currently I’m waiting for a call to say the screen has arrived and to arrange for its fitting. Fortunately all is working well at present, which I hope is the case until and after the new top screen is fitted.
1 User said Thank You to IanD for this Post :
 peterb (18 Dec 2014 : 07:20)
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Oct 01 2014, 05:31am

Member No: #1
Well just because the car is new, doesn't mean that the fault codes are.... It has been available since 2011, maybe even before that but that's when I sourced my copy of the supporting fact sheet... So much for AA service.

[shadowbox=http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/attachment/1/1412159389_1_FT200068_u0028.png| Error Code U0028::||]http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/attachment/1/1412159389_1_FT200068_u0028_.png[/shadowbox]
Anhunedd   
Thu Oct 02 2014, 05:54am
IanD - that's pretty much exactly what happened on mine (same model, just Exclusive Plus). However I also got a set of warnings on the display (when it came back on) about seatbelt pre-tensioner failures and airbag failures. I even think that error code was the same when the AA came to check it (the dealer refused to pick it up, as they were concerned the safety system warnings now made the car potentially unsafe to drive).

That was the last straw that meant I dumped the car back at the dealership and rejected it. I did get a replacement eventually, but as you might have seen in the other threads, that was faulty on delivery too, and is still plagued by electrical faults.
keith4   
Sun Oct 05 2014, 04:40pm
Member No: #37588
I have been back to my dealer every Tuesday since 1st March with my Exlusive Plus with lots of faults. None fixed but the main one being dashboard screens going blank still not fixed to date. My car now off for another week at Duff Morgan on Monday.
Anhunedd   
Mon Oct 06 2014, 05:07am
Interesting. I've been dealing with Citroen directly, as I contacted their CEO after the replacement I got was also faulty. They say "I am the only C4 Grand Picasso they know of that's had these problems".
 keith4 (06 Oct 2014 : 07:59)
keith4   
Mon Oct 06 2014, 07:56am
no you not the only one there probity hundreds if not thousands out there was even a case in auto express last week I would surely love to get hold off the ceo details has my car decided today while reversing into my garage to pop the boot which hit the wall another fault to add to the expanding list
Anhunedd   
Mon Oct 06 2014, 08:41am
That Auto Express case was me. My brand new replacement was not only delivered to me broken, but has developed a number of the same faults as the first car in a few hundred miles. Hence the ongoing complaint.

UK CEO's name is Arnaud Leclerc.

Stick a fullstop between those and stick citroen.com as the company and that's how my email got there.

I'm gathering info on other C4GP problems at the moment (mostly from forums like this), so I can present to him at least the fact that a few of us have similar issues.

Out of interest - you've said your car is the Exclusive Plus - would it be the 1.6 HDi too? At the moment, the problems seem to be contained to that model, with the exception of one Exclusive (not Plus). I wonder if it's the 1.6 powerplant causing something like power spikes to the electronics system? Or, it could be it's the most popular engine of course.
 keith4 (09 Oct 2014 : 03:16)
keith4   
Thu Oct 09 2014, 03:19am
Hi, yes my car is the 1.6HDi 115. Now in a VW hire car until it's fixed I think Easter will come quicker. Thanks for email address.
delivered with a faulty rear tyre damaged
steering wheel fault
steering fault
brake fault on front brakes
big scratch on rear bumper
steering wheel controls failing and freezing
entire eMyWay system crashes and reboots all the time
dashboard displays going blank even when driving giving no information of speed etc. while blank
stutter in power when changing up gears
gearbox making banging noises when sectoring drive from neutral in heavy traffic or while stood with engine running
driver door faulty and not aligned stick out at the top and in at the bottom
Intermittent Inter-vehicle distance fault
warnings that the parking assist has failed
keyless locking and unlocking fails
dipping mirror problem will dip but not return to correct position afterwards
rear automatic tailgate wont shut and lock
you can select reverse and auto tailgate will pop open randomly and open fully
passenger front door and dashboards rubs together leaving marks
even though it keyless the car cant see the keys even when in the dashboard slot
cars computer being set to 12000 service interval rather than 16000 miles that Citroen and dealers forgot to inform customers off change
eco mode trying to stall car when moving in slow traffic
front wheel liners that fall apart and damage when driving when it rains and pop out of front wheel arches whatever the weather.
rear and front brake problems, rear pads need replacing at 12000 unheard off
these are only some off the faults I've had with this nightmare car

car now been gone nearly 3 weeks still not fixed and the garage even manage to lose the locking wheel nut
BusterDan   
Mon Oct 13 2014, 05:36pm
Member No: #37679
Oh no I have a 1.6hdi 115 exclusive + also on order so I am very apprehensive now. Out of interest do you have the manual or ETG, also do you have any extras like 360 degree view or multi connect?

I'll be watching this thread very closely. I'm getting mine from a broker so the car is likely to be supplied from north UK and I like you am in the south..... Not good if things start to go wrong.
FrankBullitt   
Fri Oct 17 2014, 09:12am

Member No: #19238
That is a litany, although a few full-stops wouldn't have gone amiss!

I was debating waiting and getting a used C4 Picasso when they hit the market at 12 months old - rather glad I didn't now!
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 keith4 (17 Oct 2014 : 20:09)
keith4   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 05:02am
BusterDan wrote ...

Oh no I have a 1.6hdi 115 exclusive + also on order so I am very apprehensive now. Out of interest do you have the manual or ETG, also do you have any extras like 360 degree view or multi connect?

I'll be watching this thread very closely. I'm getting mine from a broker so the car is likely to be supplied from north UK and I like you am in the south..... Not good if things start to go wrong.

the egs box and fully kitted
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member