or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

MP3 CDs in DS4 - unreadable/not playing.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Laura   
Sat Sep 27 2014, 10:27am
Member No: #19360
Hi,

I've recently got a DS4 and none of the Mp3 CDs that played perfectly in my old 2011 C4 will play in the DS4. Just says CD can't be read (or similar).

So I wondered if anyone knew how to burn the CDs to get them to work.

I don't know what radio it is, but it's the standard one that comes with the standard D-STYLE 2litre 135bhp that has Sat Nav screen/ DAB radio.

I have read a guide on this, but it was using iTunes. I'm not using iTunes or anything. Just have a folder on the computer, with Mp3s in it and I am burning them using Windows inbuilt CD burner (always on the slowest speed).

I have tried CDs that have the MP3s just loose on the CD and I have tried ones that are all inside different folders on the CD - both don't play.

But, as I say, all the MP3 CDs worked in the C4 with no problems - so, any advice about what to do differently would be great.

PS - it plays normal shop bought CDs.

Thank you, Laura
routemaster1   
Sat Sep 27 2014, 10:39am
Member No: #574
Laura wrote ...

Hi,

I've recently got a DS4 and none of the Mp3 CDs that played perfectly in my old 2011 C4 will play in the DS4. Just says CD can't be read (or similar).

So I wondered if anyone knew how to burn the CDs to get them to work.

I don't know what radio it is, but it's the standard one that comes with the standard D- STYLE 2litre 135bhp that has Sat Nav screen/ DAB radio.

I have read a guide on this, but it was using iTunes. I'm not using iTunes or anything. Just have a folder on the computer, with Mp3s in it and I am burning them using Windows inbuilt CD burner (always on the slowest speed).

I have tried CDs that have the Mp3s just loose on the CD and I have tried ones that are all inside different folders on the CD - both don't play.

But, as I say, all the Mp3 CDs worked in the C4 with no problems - so, any advice about what to do differently would be great.

PS - it plays normal shop bought CDs.

Thank you, Laura

Don't know about burning to disc, but if you have a USB port, you should be able to copy to a memory stick and play from that.
Laura   
Sat Sep 27 2014, 10:48am
Member No: #19360
I will try a USB for now and see if it works
Thank you
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Sep 27 2014, 12:16pm

Member No: #1
I've moved the thread over to the New C4/DS4 dedicated ICE forum as you may find the answer in there

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member