or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

C4 semi auto gearbox

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Duncan2777   
Fri May 08 2020, 03:56pm
Member No: #56038
Hi, unfortunately had what looks to be a crown and pinion failure resulting in a smashed gearbox case on my 2007 c4 hatchback 1.6 hdi vtr with egs gearbox. I've dropped the gearbox and looking for replacements from breakers I can find many for the grand picasso but none listed for the hatchback. My question is whether they are the same unit? After much research I've been unable to come to a conclusive answer.

As far as I have been able to work out so far all the gearboxes for the 1.6 hdi dv6 ted4 semi auto engine are of the 20ds type but from then on they have differing suffix numbers so for example mine is a 20ds21but I see several differing suffix numbers and sometimes for what seems the exact same year and model as mine. I don't know if anyone knows the relevence of this?
Also, if I can establish that there are matching cases, internals, ratios etc, across the range and it is differences in the accuators/ecu that are particular to model that, as i intend to refit the original accuator/ecu I would be OK with that?
With thanks

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member