or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Speakers upgrade & Soundproofing the new C4 Grand Picasso 2014

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
eeming   
Mon Sep 01 2014, 09:56am
Member No: #37163
I just took delivery of a brand new Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. It's a great car and I love driving it. However, I find that the speakers sounded a little muffled. I tried tuning the head unit, it sounded slightly better but I still find it not to my satisfaction. Anybody know what brand is the speakers they put in there?

Another thing, although the cabin is pretty sound proof, there is this rattling engine sound that was pretty annoying to me, especially during low gears (1-2). Is there a way to improve the sound proofing of the cabin by reducing the rattling engine sound?

I read somewhere that sound proofing the firewall area helps (other car makes), but I am not sure if it will make a difference on the new Citroen C4GP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member