or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

Installed Sat Nav not compatible with 7 digit UK Post Code .

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
oldbragg   
Wed Aug 27 2014, 06:08am
Member No: #37101
Model: Citroën C4 Picasso
HDi115ETG6EXCLSVE - New model delivered Nov. 2013

Installed Sat Nav not compatible with 7 digit UK Post Code .

Below is an extract from a letter I received from Citroen Customer Relations 22nd July 2014.

Unfortunately due to compatibility issues, there will no longer be a Sat Nav software enhancement available for your vehicle unit. After initial testing we’re not satisfied it’s going to work without causing technical problems. Once again thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.
Customer Services.
A portable Tom Tom is a much better option.
BigJohnD   
Thu Aug 28 2014, 07:32am

Member No: #82
There are many threads on this issue. - Click Here -
macky42   
Thu Aug 28 2014, 05:05pm
Member No: #35443
oldbragg wrote ...

there will no longer be a Sat Nav software enhancement available for your vehicle unit.

Are Citroen saying there will never be a software upgrade for the satnav? That's a joke.

IMHO the satnav installed in this car is way behind current standards and is quite a letdown. I have a Tom Tom which is about 6-7 years old but is in no way inferior apart from screen brightness.

My wife used it a couple of weeks ago, it deviated off course up to a roundabout, then did a 180 back the way she had come, and then back on course. WTF?
rusky   
Fri Aug 29 2014, 01:44am
Member No: #27768
Probably needs a firmware update to correct for leap seconds.
oldbragg   
Fri Aug 29 2014, 06:14am
Member No: #37101
Yes Macky42, The extract I posted was copied and pasted from a letter from Citroen UK.HQ. I repeat the extract.:

Unfortunately due to compatibility issues, there will no longer be a Sat Nav software enhancement available for your vehicle unit. After initial testing we’re not satisfied it’s going to work without causing technical problems. Once again thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.
Customer Services.

I had taken up this issue with Citroen shortly after delivery and almost monthly was told update expected 'next month' After several months, like many other customers I had the good news that update was ready. After 3 hours my dealership had to abort attempts to install as the data sent was incompatible. However my dealership was assured that it would be rectified shortly ........it never happened, the result was as you have read in the extract of their letter confirming an earlier conversation with the Customer relations Manager.

Like you I carried out a few test runs and had a similar experience as your wife.I am now much better off using a Tom Tom.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Aug 29 2014, 11:09am

Member No: #1
If you put the 1st part of the postcode in the 'town' box it will bring up a list of streets to select from, choose the street then go to the number box.

Not a great deal different to a TomTom.......
ern   
Sat Nov 15 2014, 05:19pm
Member No: #33264
Mine just got updated to 7 Digit postcode

Ern
1 User said Thank You to ern for this Post :
 RadioWales (28 Apr 2015 : 11:51)
fatbob   
Fri Dec 19 2014, 05:12am
Member No: #38505
Two days prior to collecting my brand new C4 GP exclusive ETG6 I asked the salesman to make sure it had all the latest satnav software and maps.
"Yes sir all the latest software will be installed "
On collection no 7 digit post code when questioned he said we only check
safety things.After I said I was not happy, bring it back next week (22/12/2014) software update will be installed???
25k new car great service (not) Just visited dealer,7 digit post code now ok
all software versions still the same so it must be a "patch" ???
1 User said Thank You to fatbob for this Post :
 RadioWales (28 Apr 2015 : 11:29)
BigJohnD   
Sat Dec 20 2014, 04:00am

Member No: #82
Another item for "what the salesman said"?
bluehdi   
Sat Dec 20 2014, 06:56am
Member No: #2617
Having read my handbook with my September produced C4GP it specifically says that it only has 5 digit postcode entry under the section on troubleshooting/FAQ's.

However on checking it does actually have 7 digit entry!

As the system is a little baffling at the best of times, I've summarised what I did to discover this:

Turn on touchscreen and choose navigation (so the map of your car's current position is shown). Choose 'Enter destination' and then choose the 'Address' button at the bottom of the screen.

At the next screen, to the right of Country, ENGLAND was already filled in.

To the right of City, tap and wait for a moment and the screen changes to allow input.

Enter the first part of the postcode. Some postcodes need you to press Space to enter the last part.

I've tried it with various known postcodes and it seems to work correctly, having looked at the map to see where it is going!

If you push and hold the 2 cog icons button (at the top left of the touchscreen), you get into the system version screen. My settings are:

System version
Software: SMEG5.1FR4
CD: 25583 Dated 21-02-14

Bluetooth version
Software: 1.2.0

Map version
Sofware: DbDw_281/Gr_406
CD: 25583

Display version
Software: 30.10

There are quite a few oddities with the handbook and delivered system. The electronic handbooks (including the latest ones) say that the UK glovebox is cooled regardless of temperature in the car, but the printed handbook says it is the same temperature as the car!

Hope this is helpful to others.
4 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 BigJohnD (20 Dec 2014 : 08:31) , fatbob (24 Dec 2014 : 04:19) , ColinB (25 Jan 2015 : 07:40) , RadioWales (28 Apr 2015 : 11:45)
huffy   
Sun Dec 21 2014, 05:58am
Member No: #22905
I brought my 63 reg C4 Picasso at the end of this September and when I was buying it I asked about the 7 digit postcode, after checking I was told it would only except 5 digits. As bluehdi says the handbook does state that it only has 5 digit postcode entry.
Having checked my System versions all mine are dated 14-06-13. The car was serviced before I brought it, should the software have been updated then?

A question for Ern, was yours updated during a service?

As has been mentioned, the Satnav works fine with the 5 digit postcode but if I can get additional functionality I would like it, I'm a bit sad like that.
RadioWales   
Tue Apr 28 2015, 11:49am
Member No: #14887
bluehdi wrote ...

Having read my handbook with my September produced C4GP it specifically says that it only has 5 digit postcode entry under the section on troubleshooting/FAQ's.

However on checking it does actually have 7 digit entry!

As the system is a little baffling at the best of times, I've summarised what I did to discover this:

Turn on touchscreen and choose navigation (so the map of your car's current position is shown). Choose 'Enter destination' and then choose the 'Address' button at the bottom of the screen.

At the next screen, to the right of Country, ENGLAND was already filled in.

To the right of City, tap and wait for a moment and the screen changes to allow input.

Enter the first part of the postcode. Some postcodes need you to press Space to enter the last part.

I've tried it with various known postcodes and it seems to work correctly, having looked at the map to see where it is going!

If you push and hold the 2 cog icons button (at the top left of the touchscreen), you get into the system version screen. My settings are:

System version
Software: SMEG5.1FR4

Bluetooth version
Software: 1.2.0

Map version
Sofware: DbDw_281/Gr_406
CD: 25583

Display version
Software: 30.10

There are quite a few oddities with the handbook and delivered system. The electronic handbooks (including the latest ones) say that the UK glovebox is cooled regardless of temperature in the car, but the printed handbook says it is the same temperature as the car!

Hope this is helpful to others.

After a long - long dispute with my dealer, they have finally agreed to 'try' to get the Sat-Nav to accept 7 characters on Friday. Your software version disclosure will be a valuable tool in getting the job finally done after they were insisting that it was impossible since Dec 2013. Thanks.
RadioWales   
Sat Jul 18 2015, 09:02am
Member No: #14887
Update to my message of April 2015.

That 'Friday' came and went as They attended to a 'recall' event at the same time and then argued that they only had a responsibility to attend to safety matters.

I refused to accept that ridiculous position and continued to hound them to the point where whenever my car appeared on site all the staff mysteriously disappeared. However persistence prevailed and at some time in May I was told that the job had been accepted pending "The delivery of needed parts" and I would be contacted in due course for an appointment.

Some three weeks later I was given an appointment to get it sorted and I duly attended in early June 2015.

The post-operation check revealed that the data-base had indeed been upgraded to seven digits, and some basic checks were done and I left satisfied.

The C4 Picasso was built in November 2013 and purchased in December 2013 and had previously been described as too early to modify, so any with the same model or later can know that it is not actually true.

To date, it has proved to be more-or-less usable and we have come to rely on it more - but... We have noticed that the database is proving to have holes in it by not recognising quite a number of well-established locations that have existed for decades so it's not a matter of updating, so the bottom line is:

We won't be pensioning off our trusty old Garmin yet, because it has a 'Life of the device' free updates, and still used for finding the occasional place that Citroen is unaware of, but we are pleased at getting Citroen to man up to their failings. ... The End.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jul 18 2015, 09:18am

Member No: #1
The navigation software and maps are not created by Citroen, but by a 3rd party that supplies maps to other car manufactures as well.
northspoon   
Sun Jul 19 2015, 05:16am
Member No: #4689
I am about to buy a new GP and my dealer said there was a bulletin about the end user being able to update the maps by downloading from a USB stick in the future. Anyone know if and when this might happen?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member