or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Ideas on how to fit additional horns

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Scoops   
Mon Jul 28 2014, 12:24pm
Member No: #4366
Inspired by the Tour de France, I would like to fit some air horns. These will be in addition to the standard horn for MOT and legal stuff and would be used only on those occasions when approaching a cyclist from the rear.

So, I think I can probably mount the horns and compressor ok somewhere in the engine bay. But how and where to get a power supply and then how to route a cable through to the cabin for a switch? I was thinking of using a switch blank to the right of the s/wheel next to the 'eco' and 'parking sensor' switches.

Your thoughts please lovely people on how to do this would be appreciated.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Jul 28 2014, 01:04pm

Member No: #1
The obvious and simplest place to get a cable through is via the access for the bonnet release cable as others have done in the past.

On the old C4 there was only 1 other point behind the pedal box which was very awkward indeed.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 Scoops (28 Jul 2014 : 14:28)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member