or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

Identification of electrical connector in front overhead interior light

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
vibeweb   
Fri Aug 01 2014, 05:27pm
Member No: #29862
Hi

Thank you for a great forum

I'm looking into getting a more permanent and practical power supply for my Jabra Bluetooth Handsfree, and my dashcam

For this i have discovered, in the front overhead interior light there is two free connectors which measures +12V with ignition - I Suspect they are used for rainsensor and electrochromatic rear view mirror (which my car don't have)

The connector looks like this:
- Click Here -

(left and right of the center cable)

So the question is, does this connector have a name? and are it possible to buy it somewhere. I have looked into buying a complete rainsensor unit from a breakers, but then the price for the project is going through the roof.

C4 1.6i VTR Coupe 2005

Thanks
Mads
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Aug 02 2014, 01:42am

Member No: #1
Have a look at this website - Click Here - or this one - Click Here -

You should find what your after.

BTW the same fittings will be used across the full Citroen/Peugeot range so finding one in a breakers yard should not be to difficult.
vibeweb   
Sat Aug 02 2014, 05:04am
Member No: #29862
Unfortunately breakers yards here in Denmark are a bit conservative. They are not fond of people cutting off connectors etc of bits they otherwise could sell as complete (and at a premium), a rain sensor are going for 600 DKK (65 GBP).

But I'll keep looking - The 250 type plugs you are mentioning are closer from what I have found until know

So I still hope there is someone here that knows what type I need
Classified   
Sun Oct 26 2014, 02:10pm
Member No: #37865
Hi everyone, new to this forum as I yesterday bought a C4 VTR coupe.

My intention is not to hijack this thread, but I'm trying to replace all my interior bulbs with LEDs.

So yesterday I pulled out the front interior light, removed the connectors and changed the bulbs.

Now I'm trying to connect it back, but all I'm getting is the middle light. The 2 side "map lights" don't work any more.

The picture above with the one wire connected is the setup I have right now, but shouldn't there be another connected to one of the side connectors?

I have to loose connectors in the headliner, 1 small green 3-pin, 1 one white 2-pin. I've tried connecting the white one to the lamp unit, but it just doesn't go.

Do the 2 map lights need an separate connector? Or did my light unit break?

(BTW, I put back the original halogen to the side map lights).

Hopefully this made any sense, I can take a picture if needed!
Classified   
Sun Oct 26 2014, 02:36pm
Might be easier if I added pictures.

So the white connector is loose, and there is no way I can fit it in the light unit.

I'm not even sure I disconnected it from the unit, but I do have a slight memory of removing two connectors from the unit.. or am I missing something?

I even tried connecting the white connector with the green. But nothing seems to work?!

Dave_Retired.   
Sun Oct 26 2014, 02:38pm

Led's are 'polarised' so have you tried simply removing them and turning through 180 degrees before putting back in?
Classified   
Sun Oct 26 2014, 03:05pm
Hi, I have the LEDs working both front and back. But the the 2 front 'map lights' don't work. (The front unit has 3 lamps all together, main lamp in middle, and 2 map lights).

The problem is, the map lights don't work at all anymore. I've tried different LED bulbs and turning them 180 degrees, I've put back the original halogen bulbs, and even turned them 180 degrees, but nothing seems to work.
Classified   
Mon Oct 27 2014, 10:53am
Ok, I got one step closer to solving the problem (maybe).
Today morning left for work and tried the map lights. They worked. So connections are good.
When I came home, I shut off the engine, changed the halogen bulbs out to LEDs and tried again... nothing!
So I once again changed back to the halogen bulbs, nothing...!?
I'm not that familiar with the technology in Citroen, but is it possible the map lights only work when engine and headlights are on?

If anybody could shed some light on this, I would be extremely happy.

With the LEDs already installed (interior rear, interior front middle and licence plate) I'm not having any problems at all. They turn on and off normally, no flickering, no dim lights when driving and no errors.

But the 2 map lights are driving me crazy!
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Oct 27 2014, 11:18am

What is happening is that the Can Bus system is noting a variation in voltage to what it should be so when the halogens went back in, the car has to basically re learn and will do so after a couple of starts usually or by forcing a system reboot by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 BigJohnD (29 Oct 2014 : 11:36)
Classified   
Wed Oct 29 2014, 09:57am
Ok, i got all the leds to work now! All it needed was a couple of restarts like you said.
Thank you very much!!
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Oct 29 2014, 02:15pm

No problem, you're not the 1st to be caught out by it

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member