or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Internal Fuel Tank Opening (C4 Pre 2011)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
f411   
Thu Sep 29 2011, 06:57pm
Member No: #18727
Has anyone here ever managed to make a system for opening the fuel tank door from inside the car (C4 Coupe/Hatch pre 2011)?

As far as I know, in the Dongfeng Citroën C-Quatre (the Chinese C4 Sedan/Pallas), this system exists and it's incorporated on the small button panel next to driver's door. I have searched across the web for some "Chinese Citroën Club" but no luck.. Damn Great Wall and complicated Mandarim language!

Another option would be to somehow try to fit the C4P/GP system into the Coupe/Hatch..

Cheers!
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Sep 30 2011, 01:14am

Member No: #1
It's also on the C6 but if it wasn't already there I wouldn't be bothered as it's just to much money and effort trying to fit it to a car without it.
BigJohnD   
Fri Sep 30 2011, 03:32am

Member No: #82
There's an internally released filler cap on the new 2011 C4, but I doubt it's possible to convert the original model.
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 f411 (30 Sep 2011 : 16:18)
mooresey   
Fri Sep 30 2011, 01:56pm
Member No: #18464
What's the point, you still have to get out of the car to fill up. Its not that hard to just use the key.
f411   
Fri Sep 30 2011, 04:18pm
Well, here in Brazil our $h!tty governament made a paternalist law prohibiting self-service style gas stations, so the problem is not the "act of using a key", but the fact that you have to handle your car keys to the attendant, who often returns it to you all sticky and smelly.

I could carry a secundary key without codification just for such purpose, but let's agree that it's not as sophisticated as having a built-in system doing it heheh

@BigJohnD: I'm gonna take a look at the new C4 system diagram, thanks for the info.
f411   
Sun Aug 17 2014, 10:17pm
Hello all,

I know this thread is very old, but I'm reviving it just to show that the idea has been finally achieved!

After much time I managed to get the Chinese C4 hatchback OEM tank door parts and last month I installed them.

Electrically, I first tried to install using Chinese C4 scheme and then C4 Picasso, but none worked (I guess the BSI lacks the proper activators inside), so a friend who works at Citroën came out with a simple solution: the system uses two relays, one gets energy from the car's locking system (so that button works with car turned off and without key), and the other relay get's engine input to prevent the first relay to power the button if engine is ON, this way the tank can only be opened with car parked and with engine off, like it is on DS4, DS5, etc... Now I just need to change the LED SMD inside the button to amber so it can look OEM

Regards,

Filipe
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Aug 18 2014, 01:59am

Member No: #1
By your persistent

Nice to see that you finally resolved it though.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member