or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4 Grand Picasso Pneumatic Suspension Airbags and an update from Citroen UK

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
moleman   
Mon Jul 07 2014, 08:41am
Member No: #16299
If replacement bags can fail in less than two years this is not WEAR AND TEAR. I feel the time has come for Citroen to accept these bags do not work as expected and should be replaced (by springs) by Citroen. Especially as they have stopped using these bags (I wonder why).

It was a good idea, which did not work, either a design or production fault, but a fault which is not going away for those of us with the exclusive. A suspension should last longer than three/four years (less for some).

sensi5446 wrote ...

Well I had both bags go and the pump all was replaced in oct 2012 and cost me £795 as Citroen paid for the bags. Now my left side has failed again!!

Just phone the helpline and opened a case, I've asked for a full refund and a permanent fix to my suspension (springs) as there is no point in putting another bag in and it failing again in a years or two.

Will let you know how I get on

1 User said Thank You to moleman for this Post :
 balloo (03 Jan 2016 : 10:57)
balloo   
Tue Jul 08 2014, 11:28am
Member No: #29660
Doesn't the Airbag thing only cover the grand C4 Picasso EXCLUSIVE only
chrispatch   
Tue Jul 08 2014, 11:40am
Member No: #7033
balloo wrote ...

Doesn't the Airbag thing only cover the grand C4 Picasso EXCLUSIVE only

Only Exclusives have airbags. But the 5 seaters are the same so I'm expecting it to cover mine as well, I don't see why not.
1 User said Thank You to chrispatch for this Post :
 balloo (03 Jan 2016 : 10:57)
sensi5446   
Mon Aug 04 2014, 04:59pm
Member No: #24546
still not news on a refund, phoned 4 times but keep saying they are dealing with lots of cases. Going to phone again tomorrow then start putting things in writing
sensi5446   
Tue Aug 05 2014, 10:38am
Got a phone call today, will be getting a check in the post within 28 days for what I paid to have the work done Result!!! was going to use the cash to get springs fitted but don't think I will now. If it goes again I'll fight with them to fix it. I did ask for them to fit springs but they said they'll only refund.
chrispatch   
Tue Aug 05 2014, 11:48am
Member No: #7033
sensi5446 wrote ...

Got a phone call today, will be getting a check in the post within 28 days for what I paid to have the work done Result!!! was going to use the cash to get springs fitted but don't think I will now. If it goes again I'll fight with them to fix it. I did ask for them to fit springs but they said they'll only refund.

I will say my claim for bag replacement was quickly dealt with and I got a call from Citroen saying my garage would be sending me a payment of £310, within 6 weeks. It is now 4 weeks on and nothing has appeared yet but they did say upto 6. I asked at the time about my compressor which the garage said "may" be faulty and was told that if it failed it would only cost me around £180 instead of £1000 + which I suppose is a result, although it seems ok at the moment. As to if they fail again I assume they will be covered as they initialy said cars up to 10 years old qualify.
philclemo   
Wed Aug 13 2014, 10:07am
Member No: #26677
Well after the TV program, I emailed Citroën customer services. Within a couple of days I received a confirmation and case number.

I rang them on Monday as a bit of a chaser, yesterday I got a lovely call from a lady called Shakira, who confirmed that Citroën have agreed to refund 80% of the £1506 I paid for both bags, pipes and compressor. A fair result I think, well done to those that fought a worthy cause.
1 User said Thank You to philclemo for this Post :
 Mistermena (12 Mar 2016 : 10:30)
priorslee   
Fri Aug 22 2014, 05:29am
Member No: #16409
I had a call at the end of July saying that a payment had been approved and I'd get a cheque within 28 days. Had a Royal Mail red card yesterday saying they had a recorded delivery letter with insufficient postage. Rang the sorting office and they said it's from Citroen - it has a recorded delivery sticker, but isn't franked so they wanted £2.63 to hand it over. Opted to let them to return it to Citroen and let them sort it out. Well done Citroen!
sensi5446   
Tue Aug 26 2014, 09:29am
Got my check today letter was along the lines of, we are sorry you had to fix your suspension, as a good will gesture we are giving you £xxx this is in no way acceptance of liability. haha! This is the final settlement in your case.

Oh well, they said sorry and paid me for most of the work but would be nice if they held their hands up and accepted it is their fault.
coltam   
Sat Aug 30 2014, 06:47am
Member No: #37016
Hi
I recently bought a Citroen 62 Grand C4 Picasso with 17000 on the clock. I have joined the forum as I don't know much about the Picasso. I am came across the thread and was wondering if the this suspension problem also effects model ( airdream platinum 1.6 eHDI)
What I have noticed when unlocking the car there is a motorised noise for a few seconds and then stops but I don't see the car going up
Could that be a problem ?
Thanks
Col
routemaster1   
Sat Aug 30 2014, 07:04am
Member No: #574
coltam wrote ...

Hi
I recently bought a Citroen 62 Grand C4 Picasso with 17000 on the clock. I have joined the forum as I don't know much about the Picasso. I am came across the thread and was wondering if the this suspension problem also effects model ( airdream platinum 1.6 eHDI)
What I have noticed when unlocking the car there is a motorised noise for a few seconds and then stops but I don't see the car going up
Could that be a problem ?
Thanks
Col

I thought that the Platinum version was essentially an Exclusive with normal spring rear suspension. It is easy to tell just by looking under the rear of the car. If it does have air suspension, then no, this is entirely normal. If the rear suspension drops overnight, or if the compressor continue for any length of time then there is a problem.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 coltam (30 Aug 2014 : 09:22)
coltam   
Sat Aug 30 2014, 09:23am
Yeah had a look and saw springs
What is that motorised noise then?
BigJohnD   
Sat Aug 30 2014, 09:50am

Member No: #82
Could be the fuel pump pressurising the system…
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 coltam (30 Aug 2014 : 10:51)
coltam   
Sat Aug 30 2014, 11:10am
Thanks for the reply
Is there anything else I must look out for in this model?
Really think it's a lovely motor.
FrankBullitt   
Sat Aug 30 2014, 01:16pm

Member No: #19238
As noted, Platinum models do not have air suspension at the rear - it's essentially a half -way spec between VTR+ and Exclusive with the glass roof thrown in on the GP for good measure.

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member