or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

New C4 Picasso Exclusive+ THP155 Spare Wheel Issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
DaveG   
Sat May 24 2014, 11:14am
Member No: #35618
Update on the spare wheel issue........

Went to dealer and picked up the compressor kit and polystyrene holder for it that they'd taken out of a new C4 Picasso. Queried as to where the side compartments were and was told there weren't any in the model the removed them from.....sounded odd.....anyway, I put the parts in the boot and guess what the boot floor still wasn't supported and it dropped through again into the tyre well just like it did with the spare wheel.

Cue lots of confusion all round by me and the sales guy at the dealership. We drove round the back and then compared the car he'd taken them from to mine and we quickly discovered they were different. My model has what I can only describe as a "high floor" where as the Exclusive model he took them from had a "low floor". In the "low floor" model the parts supported the differently shaped and lower sitting boot floor whereas in mine it didn't.

Quick rush back inside for a bunch of keys and after looking at some models we quickly discovered that the Exclusive+ has the "high floor" with different underfloor compartments to the other models (see photo).

We took one from an Exclusive+ and transferred it and it works perfectly with the compressor kit installed and the boot floor now finally supported.

Have also had a response from Citroen UK and they have confirmed that the larger space saver wheel cannot be fitted for vehicles with 18" wheels as they don't manufacture revised underfloor compartments.

They have agreed to speak to marketing to get the brochure revised to say it's incompatible and they will speak to Citroen France to query whether there are plans to make alternative parts but I don't expect that to happen as it'll be easier to say it's an invalid option.

As a goodwill measure they have refunded the charge for the space saver wheel and have said I can keep it anyway so will keep it in the garage and just rely on the compressor kit in the car.

So whilst I'm disappointed that I couldn't have the option I selected I can accept the compromise and the Customer Services Manager from Citroen completely understood the problem and seemed to genuinely wanted to put it right so I can't really ask for more.

Thanks also for the responses on here - all very helpful. Thanks guys.

1 User said Thank You to DaveG for this Post :
 BigJohnD (24 May 2014 : 12:01)
Dave_Retired.   
Sat May 24 2014, 12:00pm

Member No: #1
At least you now have some 'hidden' storage under the boot floor now plus a spare you can throw into the car for those longer trips away
naughtiusmaximus   
Fri Sep 14 2018, 05:07am
Member No: #48074
DaveG wrote ...

Update on the spare wheel issue........

Went to dealer and picked up the compressor kit and polystyrene holder for it that they'd taken out of a new C4 Picasso. Queried as to where the side compartments were and was told there weren't any in the model the removed them from.....sounded odd.....anyway, I put the parts in the boot and guess what the boot floor still wasn't supported and it dropped through again into the tyre well just like it did with the spare wheel.

Cue lots of confusion all round by me and the sales guy at the dealership. We drove round the back and then compared the car he'd taken them from to mine and we quickly discovered they were different. My model has what I can only describe as a "high floor" where as the Exclusive model he took them from had a "low floor". In the "low floor" model the parts supported the differently shaped and lower sitting boot floor whereas in mine it didn't.

Quick rush back inside for a bunch of keys and after looking at some models we quickly discovered that the Exclusive+ has the "high floor" with different underfloor compartments to the other models (see photo).

We took one from an Exclusive+ and transferred it and it works perfectly with the compressor kit installed and the boot floor now finally supported.

Have also had a response from Citroen UK and they have confirmed that the larger space saver wheel cannot be fitted for vehicles with 18" wheels as they don't manufacture revised underfloor compartments.

They have agreed to speak to marketing to get the brochure revised to say it's incompatible and they will speak to Citroen France to query whether there are plans to make alternative parts but I don't expect that to happen as it'll be easier to say it's an invalid option.

As a goodwill measure they have refunded the charge for the space saver wheel and have said I can keep it anyway so will keep it in the garage and just rely on the compressor kit in the car.

So whilst I'm disappointed that I couldn't have the option I selected I can accept the compromise and the Customer Services Manager from Citroen completely understood the problem and seemed to genuinely wanted to put it right so I can't really ask for more.

Thanks also for the responses on here - all very helpful. Thanks guys.

I'm not usually one for resurrecting 4 year old threads but it seemed more appropriate than creating a new one in this instance.

I too have a C4P Excl+ and have the exact same foam tray in my boot. I would like to buy a spare plus the 3 foam sections in the diagram below but presume these would be no good due to the differing depth of the Excl+ boot compared to other C4P specs???

Does anyone have a diagram with the correct part numbers for my model and spec?

Thanks

Dave_Retired. wrote ...

[shadowbox=http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/attachment/1/1400783111_1_FT197297_c4_picasso_b78_boot_floor.jpg|C4 Picasso (B78) boot flooring::||]http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/attachment/1/1400783111_1_FT197297_c4_picasso_b78_boot_floor_.jpg[/shadowbox]

naughtiusmaximus   
Sun Sep 23 2018, 08:53am
BUMP

Anyone?
gittos   
Sun Sep 23 2018, 01:52pm
Member No: #30055
Why not go to a dealer parts dept and ask them, they will gave it all on computer
naughtiusmaximus   
Mon Sep 24 2018, 04:49am
gittos wrote ...

Why not go to a dealer parts dept and ask them, they will gave it all on computer

I did earlier in the year when I was pricing it up, the quote was for the 3 parts mentioned earlier in this thread which based on DaveGs experience are incorrect (I didn't read this thread until a couple of months after getting the quote). I'm hoping there might either be someone here with a C4P Excl+ who has managed to source the correct parts or someone who has a parts manual showing the correct numbers - this all assumes Citroen have even produced the correctly sized parts, it may well be wild goose chase.
iscom   
Mon Sep 24 2018, 08:08am
Member No: #20936
I could be completely wrong But has this something to do with the "ADDBLUE" tank being fitted and so room for spare wheel ???
naughtiusmaximus   
Mon Sep 24 2018, 08:55am
iscom wrote ...

I could be completely wrong But has this something to do with the "ADDBLUE" tank being fitted and so room for spare wheel ???

I think that's specific to the 2.0HDI engine where the position of the adblue tank means there's insufficent space for a spare wheel.

This looks to be the opposite problem (unless I'm completely misreading the earlier posts in this thread) whereby there's actually slightly more space under the boot of the Excl+ meaning the 3 sections of foam which sit around the spare on other specs are a little too thin and as a result don't support the boot floor on the Excl+.
routemaster1   
Mon Sep 24 2018, 10:31am
Member No: #574
naughtiusmaximus wrote ...

I think that's specific to the 2.0HDI engine where the position of the adblue tank means there's insufficient space for a spare wheel.

This is partly true. It does not apply to 1.6HDi C4GPs, and it does not apply to later 2.0HDis. On my 2.0HDi C4GP there is an exhaust box in the space which could have otherwise been used for a spare. However, the design of the 2.0HDi exhaust was changed at some stage; unfortunately I don't know when the change was made. And this may not apply at all to C4Ps!
AndrewM   
Mon Sep 24 2018, 11:19am
Member No: #34563
There does seem some confusion about the Adblue tank.

On my 1.6Hdi which is a late 2016 model (Exec+) there is no room for a spare wheel to be hung under the car due to the Adblue tank. It is located right in the place where the spare wheel should go.

On the 2017 models (which I think were rebranded Flair etc) there is a spare wheel space as they relocated the Adblue tank.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member