or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

C4GP terrible sound quality

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Kaimoo82   
Wed May 21 2014, 05:41am
Member No: #35568
Hello

My new C4GP stereo sounds pretty horrible even at low volumes, is the head unit to blame with such a low output or does a decent set of aftermarket speakers help any?

My last car had bose system which has was perfect, I'd like to improve my current system I'm not expecting it to improve much just better than standard.

If anyone has any advice on new speakers that would be great
Kaimoo82   
Wed May 21 2014, 06:05am
Member No: #35568
It appears after my search that mew speakers will still sound pretty bad due to the low power of the standard head unit.

I won't want to change the head unit so I'll just need to put up with the poor sound quality, I don't know why they skimp on a poor stereo epically after all the other gadgets installed and the availability of two USB slots and a jukebox
Meldryn   
Wed Feb 01 2017, 05:13am
Member No: #47455
I've just got a new gp and I don't think it has stereo. If you look in the spec it says DAB and FM. I can't find anything about stereo.

This might explain why many talk of no depth to the sound!
routemaster1   
Wed Feb 01 2017, 11:51am
Member No: #574
Meldryn wrote ...

I've just got a new gp and I don't think it has stereo. If you look in the spec it says DAB and FM. I can't find anything about stereo.

This might explain why many talk of no depth to the sound!

It is stereo.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member