or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

2011 RD5 Stereo - iPod usages display albums

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
walkersway   
Thu May 15 2014, 08:58am
Member No: #35506
Hi,

I have my iPod connected but I can't seem to be able to select albums to play.

Yes I can select an artist and then their album, but this is not ideal if it's a compilation album with many artists.

Is there a way to list all Albums?

Thanks
Spyder   
Thu May 15 2014, 12:22pm
Member No: #34880
I think you have to hold the list button down and it will give you various options to sort by, ie genre, playlist, etc but I don't think it does by album (strangely)
walkersway   
Sat May 17 2014, 05:04am
Thanks.

I have tried that but as you say there is no option for album. One solution would be to use playlists, but it's not ideal
BigJohnD   
Sat May 17 2014, 05:41am

Member No: #82
Likewise, I have no option for Albums, but they are listed under each Artist.

For your compilations, what is given as the name of the artist? Various?
walkersway   
Sat May 17 2014, 05:53am
Thats ok for single artists. But looks like I will have to resort to playlists for albums with various artists on them I will have to use playlists. Not ideal but I can live with that.

Thanks
BigJohnD   
Sat May 17 2014, 06:25am

Member No: #82

The handbook isn't as clear as it could be about this, but my compilations appear with the artist listed as "Various" or "Various Artists" so easy to find. (Screen shot of iTunes:)

walkersway   
Sat May 17 2014, 06:32am
Mine display on the car as the artist name. I could redo this in Itunes, but its not that big a deal.

Think i will go with playlists for now. I may in the end scarp using the IPOD and go with just my memory stick as i can not see any real benefit of using the IPOD. At least in my last car I could not only select the Album but I could also search the IPOD.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member