or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

Body Coloured Side Bumpers (VTR+)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tobeh-   
Sat Apr 26 2014, 12:14pm
Member No: #35048
Does anybody know anywhere that does these in the standard colours that the C4 (2005/6) came in? I'm looking to replace my existing black ones on my silver C4 with, well ... silver ones.

That said, I do have other plans for it, and wondering if it's worth hunting for some when I'm going to get the entire car resprayed at some point (did some graphics design work for a local bodywork place so they're knocking some quid off as payment). So should I wait for the respray and get them to match it with the white? Or get new ones that match for a better overall finish?

What would be the best approach? And to be sure I'm on about the right thing, I'm refering to these bits (mine looks like this at present, but sourced a better picture from google to edit):

This is how I want to get it (eventually) with body matching colours internally

and for [%*^#@!] and giggles, sunshine yellow Leon inspired version

Excuse the 5 minute photoshop job, manic weekend! So any help would be grand.
FakeConcern   
Sat Apr 26 2014, 01:08pm
Member No: #24127
White & yellow both look really good!
Personally I'd wait & have the strips done at the same time as the rest of the car, otherwise you're paying for it twice.
wozza   
Sat Apr 26 2014, 09:40pm

Member No: #2
You don't buy them. Just prep and spray them. Sand them smooth primer and paint.

Could do it yourself for about £50.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 tobeh- (27 Apr 2014 : 16:45)
tobeh-   
Sun Apr 27 2014, 04:47pm
wozza wrote ...

You don't buy them. Just prep and spray them. Sand them smooth primer and paint.

Could do it yourself for about £50.

I figured that might be the case, I may end up doing this first seeing as it'll be at least a month plus before I get the opportunity to get it to the bodywork garage. That and I've noticed a small fracture in the front left Resolfen so need to sort that out. Cheers for the heads up.

Will update when it's all done. In the meantime, spoiler hunt!
B13.CEE   
Wed Apr 30 2014, 08:01am
Member No: #31252
When I first bought my car cosmetically I felt it needed a little tweak so here's how mine looked and then how it looked after. But I had all 4 wheels painted gloss black front and back bumper resprayed and side plastics colour coded it came too £450 probably the best £450 I spent on the car to be honest.

I feel colour coding should be first priority just makes any car look better and if your door handles are black should consider them getting coded too as well as the lower stalks of your wing mirrors.

I do like the leon yellow your considering not a fan of the white as too many are jumping on that bandwagon with cars generally these days even though there's a tiny number of C4 owners who have sprayed there cars white.

wozza   
Wed Apr 30 2014, 09:05am

Member No: #2
There seems yo be a distinct lack of a spoiler fitted to that Coupé!

FIX IT!

mshowells78   
Wed Apr 30 2014, 12:58pm
Member No: #31414
How many clips would I break when removing the door trims. Is it a pull off slowly job or a bit more to it. Been thinking about it for a while. I have a hatch too was thinking spoiler at the same time just not sure
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Apr 30 2014, 01:20pm

Member No: #1
mshowells78 wrote ...

How many clips would I break when removing the door trims.

Probably all of them............
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 mshowells78 (30 Apr 2014 : 13:34)
StuntmanM   
Wed Apr 30 2014, 01:50pm
Member No: #2574
We had ours colour coded too. It seemed to suit the car much better.

I think they replaced most, if not all, of the clips.
Stuey   
Fri May 02 2014, 01:31am
Member No: #84
they all broke on mine too, you could try warming up the area with a hair dryer to soften them up a little but I think a whole new set even at dealer prices is about £11
tobeh-   
Fri May 02 2014, 03:08pm
All good tips guys thanks, I agree perhaps on the white as I've just seen one today someone has had done and I was a bit gutted. Isn't it always the way when you want something unique and then you see about a bajillion of the damn things in that way!

Colour-coding would be a better idea I agree. Probably cheaper really too than the whole caboodle. Had a giggle at the local Citroen place quoting me £595 for the spoiler that they apparently have to 'paint' even though I was pretty sure it comes painted? I walked...

Also, other ideas on colour.

There was a pink at the other halves suggestion. It got 'accidentally deleted'...

Oh and the local breakers yard have a rather dead VTS in there, might see what I can scavenge!
pyyno   
Sun Jun 15 2014, 03:31pm
Member No: #24599
Here is mine, did them myself. They turned out really nice
Had also a set of non original Citroen replacement clips on hand. I found the original ones to be of better quality. The new ones are doing their job ok, but the side strips have a slight movement now. This is not noticeable in anyway, but with the original clips they were held more snugly in place.

(I also clear coated the A and B pillar plastics at the same time.)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member