or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Towing :: C4 Towing, roof bars, bicycle carriers and roof boxes

C4 Picasso towbar for trailer - Bypass or Dedicated wiring?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
byngo   
Mon Mar 31 2014, 11:57am
Member No: #34134
I found lots of discussion on similar questions and read the sticky on CAN-BUS wiring but I would like to ask specifically before i order:-

We have an 08 reg C4 (5 door) VTR+ (Birth date is mid 2007)
It does not have reversing sensors. (although aftermarket might be a later option)
The trailer 5 feet x 3 feet with 7 pin plug and no Fog lights (used for lugging the camping gear 2 to 4 times a year and the odd trip to the tip)

Q. If I buy a vehicle specific harness what are the benefits apart from the system telling me if a trailer bulb blows.
Do I have the benefit of TSP as well?

I am minded to go with a bypass relay method.
BigJohnD   
Mon Mar 31 2014, 02:35pm

Member No: #82
If you fit a by-pass relay, be sure that it does not draw more than an additional 10mA from the lighting wires in the boot. Any more than 10mA, error messages, faults and failure are likely. (10mA is next to nothing.)

Here's the warning which is fitted to newer C4s.

("Feux" in this context means "lights", not "fire".)

There's no such problem with the Citroen accessory, though it is more expensive.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member