or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Towing :: C4 Towing, roof bars, bicycle carriers and roof boxes

Towbar wiring

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
miyagi   
Fri Mar 28 2014, 12:25pm
Member No: #26012
Sorry if this is a simple question- I have just purchased a single 7 pin towbar wiring kit from ( dealer 1),Excellent service and price by the way, and after a quick read of the instructions seems fairly straight forward but and here is the question on page 2 it gives me two pictures one with OPR ->12530 and one with OPR 12531 -> , one no wire to the front and the other with wire to the front any ideas what OPR means so I can ascertain which I need to follow OPR maybe French ? Thanks in advance

Citroen C4 1.6 hdi GP registered feb 2011
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Mar 28 2014, 01:55pm

Member No: #1
OPR will be the ORGA number of the car (Build date) which is on the drivers door 'A' pillar label

How to read the Drivers 'A' pillar label - Click Here -

OPR ->12530 up to build date..

OPR 12531 -> after build date..

ORGA Calculator - Click Here -

miyagi   
Fri Mar 28 2014, 03:54pm
Many thanks for the quick reply. it seems that with an OPR number of 20589 i am going to have to remove a lot of trim. I am assuming the fuse box is behind the glovebox and not as shown in my instructions,(this shows behind the parking sensor switch, fuel cap opener etc).
The birthdate of my car is showing as 23/03/2033 on the spreadsheet so not sure what is going on there .
miyagi   
Sat Mar 29 2014, 09:23am
Hi all ,ignore the above regarding the OPR number ,I wrongly assumed it was the last digits and not the first ones(bit of a blonde moment-no offence to blondes though).So looks like not so much trim needs removing now

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member