or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Alerts can you clear?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
g4jnw   
Fri Mar 21 2014, 07:00am
Member No: #34792
Sorry am very new to the C4 Picasso (old owner of original Picasso)

I have just picked up an 07 plate C4 Picasso diesel HDi Automatic, loads of toys on it compared to the old model but I have looked at old MoTs and 2 MoTs ago there was an advisory on a reversing lamp out. It's not now but in the log files it's still listed.

Are the lists suppose to clear when a problem has been fixed?

Or is there a way to clear them?

Also I get a remote battery flat warning, have removed the battery and tested it and it's 2.8v, have a few batteries (CR1620) same as battery in fob, have had them for a while but 2.2v when tested and don't even sync - put the old battery back and it re-synced fine but still battery flat showing - Have ordered some decent make ones, the voltage must be pretty critical to show a warning at 2.8v!
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Mar 21 2014, 08:14am

Member No: #1
No the onboard error log won't clear by itself.
rusky   
Fri Mar 21 2014, 12:40pm
Member No: #27768
When I have had side light failures listed in the log, they have cleared when the offending bulb has been replaced.

Regarding the fob, the batteries are 3v so 2.8v off load may well cause an error to show.
g4jnw   
Fri Mar 21 2014, 02:39pm
Thanks that helped, thought it maybe like clearing the codes with a code reader, will remove the reversing lamp and replace it to see if its just a glitch and hopefully it will clear. Ok on the battery at least a new one is on its way.
g4jnw   
Sat Mar 22 2014, 10:52pm
Thought I'd feedback - The new battery measured 3.4v off load - worked fine.

Checked the reversing light, lifted the bulb out and it must have been about to go as the bulb had a dodgy element, was one of those that the wire when shaken was only held on by the skin of it's teeth!

Changed the bulb and warning in log disappeared - now just says log clear!
1 User said Thank You to g4jnw for this Post :
 DaveyP (23 Mar 2014 : 06:18)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member