or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Making a left-hand drive C4 Picasso UK Road Legal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Rock   
Mon Mar 03 2014, 04:07am
Member No: #34500
My local Citroen dealer quoted a total of £460 for the two headlights

Bennetts quoted a total of £297.50

Ultimate Styling of Swindon quoted a total of £149.95 (including p&p!)

I went with Ultimate Styling, the headlights are on their way.

Do headlights normally come with the bulbs, or do you have to buy those separately? The ones from Ultimate Styling do not have bulbs.

The next question is, which bulbs? Do I go for Halogen or Xenon?

Rock

Magistrate   
Mon Mar 03 2014, 04:28am
Member No: #1731
Xenon are not road legal unless you have a self levelling conversion/headlight washers and will probably not pass an MOT.
Many here including myself have gone for night breakers and though they give an improved light invariably they have a shorter life.
Whatever you go for look for a quality make, Citroen OE bulbs served me well for 5 years. I understand Citroen do a long life bulb now.
Dominik1978   
Mon Mar 03 2014, 05:31am
Member No: #34418
Yes, Magistrate is right.
Just use your old light bulbs.
Rock   
Tue Mar 04 2014, 06:10pm
Headlights have arrived, they look perfect. MoT and headlight changeover booked for Friday. Still not received the Import Pack (V55/5 etc), and I ordered it online 1 week ago. Hope it comes this week.

Also not received the V750 Certificate of Entitlement (for my personalised number plates) though they did say 'allow two weeks' and I ordered and paid for them last week.

Does anyone know at what stage in the vehicle registration process the V750 comes into play?

Rock
Dominik1978   
Wed Mar 05 2014, 04:46am
You need British insurance when sending documents to DVLA, so you do not need it for Friaday (MOT). They will record MOT in the system using your German reg plates. And if you have got German insurance and your MOT is booked you are allowed to drive your car there and back using German insurance and plates.
1 User said Thank You to Dominik1978 for this Post :
 BigJohnD (05 Mar 2014 : 05:42)
Rock   
Fri Mar 07 2014, 08:06am
Progress:
Today got my headlights replaced, and the suitably worded invoice, and the MOT. Also got my new UK Driving License today with my new UK address on it.

Now I will apply to the Vehicle Certification Agency for the 'Mutual Recognition Certificate' and once I have that, and my UK insurance, I am all set to apply for UK Registration.

The Import Pack has still not arrived, after applying for the pack, twice, online, two weeks ago. Yesterday I phoned DVLA and told them, and they took my name and address and said they would post an Import Pack out straight away. I don't think this will hold me up, as I have to get the Mutual Recognition Certificate first anyway.

Rock
Rock   
Tue Mar 11 2014, 06:12pm
Still no Import Pack Phoned DVLA again, and again they said they would send out a pack to me. I asked why the one's I had ordered online had not come, and they said 'take it up with the Post office'!! Actually, I think I know why the pack has not arrived -

- Yesterday I phoned DVLA on another matter. I asked if it was possible to apply my personalised number plates, which I purchased from DVLA, to my imported C4 from the outset, instead of it being registered with a random plate, then having to immediately return the logbook to have the personalised number plate assigned (and yet another fee). They said 'no, you must get it registered first, then apply for the personalised number plate to be assigned.' However, they told me one piece of interesting news -

- I had told them that one of the reasons I bought the personalised number plate was because a colleague of mine who came back to the UK with his car had a great deal of trouble getting an insurance quote, with German number plates on the vehicle. So he bought personalised number plates (which he had intended to do anyway), and told an insurer that he could tell them what the UK registration of the vehicle WOULD be (after a short while) and they accepted this, and gave him a quote.

DVLA told me that this was no longer a problem, as a couple of months ago they dropped the requirement for imported cars needing a Certificate of Insurance as a required document when returning the registration application form (V55/5). I think it is a good bet that this is the reason for Import Packs being delayed, as the V55/5 and the guide to filling it in, the V355/5, would both have to be reprinted, with the requirement for the Certificate of Insurance deleted, and this may well be the cause of the delays.

My German C4 headlights (right-hand drive) are now currently on Ebay, to recoup some of the cost of buying the UK headlights.

Rock
1 User said Thank You to Rock for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (12 Mar 2014 : 04:04)
Rock   
Sun Mar 16 2014, 08:12am
Finally, the Import Pack (well, two Import Packs) arrived on Saturday, after just over 3 weeks wait! In the same post was an Individual Approval Certificate, IVA, from the VCA (I thought I was getting a Mutual Recognition Certificate), which I applied for a few days ago.

Interestingly the V55/5 form for the first registration of a used motor vehicle, (the form that is used for registering imported used cars) has not been reprinted, it is still dated Nov 2012, and so still includes a 'valid certificate of insurance' in the list of supporting documents that you must enclose, when two separate DVLA representatives told me that this requirement had been abolished since two months ago.

First thing Monday, I will get this form and all the info together, and get it off to DVLA and hopefully get my first registration quicker than the Import Pack. Then as soon as I get the logbook I must return it with my Certificate of Entitlement to get my personalised number plates assigned. As soon as I get the logbook back with the change to my personalised number plate, I will attach them and then arrange insurance cover, and finally I can drive it off my driveway!

Rock

Rock   
Tue Mar 25 2014, 03:45am
Hmmm, the V55/5 was not as straightforward as I imagined. Could anyone help help with the following V55/5 questions:

16. HC g/km or g/kWh
The box for this on the Certificate of Conformity (COC) is blank, as is the corresponding box on the IVA. I am worried that if I leave this box blank then DVLA will reject the form

17. Unladen Weight
There is no explicit 'Unladen Weight' on the COC or IVA. They do have the following: "Mass of the vehicle with bodywork in running order (in service mass) (kg): 1656kg" Is this the same as 'Unladen Weight'?

32. Engine Number
The notes says to get this from the vehicle, but from where??

36. Mass in Service (kg)
Is this the same as Unladen Weight in 17 above?

37 Particulates (pm) g/km or g/kWh
The nearest I can find to this is "Partikel: 0.001 g/km" in the section that has CO, HC, NOx, etc. Is this what they are after?

I have uploaded a scan of the COC to Dropbox:

- Click Here -

Any help is much appreciated.

Rock
Dominik1978   
Tue Mar 25 2014, 02:08pm
Yes, weights are confusing. I left few boxes blank and it passed.

16. This info is missing on the CoC. Please, check Germany registration document. You can call Citroen UK, they can be helpful.

17. 12.1 from CoC. I did it.

32. There is information on the CoC that you can find the engine number on the right side of the engine You can check as well your German registration documents. There should be the engine number. Eventually you can send me VIN.

36. I think it is the same, but please confirm it.

37. Yes.

The biggest problem is confusion with "unladen weight" and "mass in service".
Unladen weight - Click Here -
Sometimes mass in order is unladen weight plus 75kg(driver) and the fuel.
I would call them or email and confirm.

About the HC Citroen UK?

Rock (25 Mar 2014 : 14:38)
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Mar 25 2014, 02:11pm

Member No: #1
C4 Picasso ID Points:

[shadowbox=http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/attachment/1/1395773543_1_FT195527_c4gp_id_points.jpg|C4 Picasso ID Points::||]http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/attachment/1/1395773543_1_FT195527_c4gp_id_points_.jpg[/shadowbox]

Towing weights etc. are usually on the 'B' pillar label at the bottom. but read this - Click Here -
Rock   
Tue Mar 25 2014, 02:50pm
Thanks Dominik, unfortunately the Registration Documents, the Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil 1 and Teil 2, do not show either the HC or the Engine Number. You can see it on wiki here: - Click Here -
(open in Chrome, then you can do English translation if you prefer).

Thanks also C6 Dave, but those ID points do not show the Engine Number, which is stamped onto the engine housing somewhere, never on a plate.

I an wondering, is it possible to calculate HC? The box on the COC for HC is blank, but NOx is given as 0.235, and HC+NOx is given as 0.256. If it is simple addition then HC would be 0.021.
EDIT: Looking at this wiki page for emissions, the table shows no values for HC for diesel cars. Problem solved?
- Click Here -

As the only two boxes I have not filled in are the HC and the Engine Number, I am inclined to submit it, but I am very unsure about the success of submitting without the Engine Number.

Rock
Dominik1978   
Tue Mar 25 2014, 06:37pm
These could be helpful:
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
The number can be hidden by FAP.
Dominik1978   
Wed Mar 26 2014, 04:34am
Ok, I found your engine number
PM sent.

Rock (26 Mar 2014 : 05:15)
Rock   
Wed Mar 26 2014, 05:14am
Much obliged Dominik, you succeeded where my two local Citroen dealers and Citroen UK HQ, all failed.

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member