or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Loeb Register

C4 owner By Loeb Registration

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
RollerMAN   
Mon Feb 24 2014, 10:28am
Member No: #9650
Some pics from an event organized in 2012 with the help of Citroen Romania. It was only for women and i entered my girlfriend and mom, along with my car, seing as how they needed a citroen to enter the competition named Diva's Rally.
The start was in Bucharest (the capital) and they had to go through some checkpoints at a certain time all the way up to Poiana Brasov (which is up in the mountains). No racing was involved, just driving precision through some cones and time calculations for when to arrive at each checkpoint. Unfortunately Citroen Romania no longer exists, and the new citroen importer doesn't care much about promoting the brand so no new contests were made in 2013 and probably won't be in the near future.

FakeConcern   
Mon Feb 24 2014, 10:56am
Member No: #24127
Really interesting, thanks for sharing. Your car looking good as usual. Shame the event no longer exists.
Is that a Sport Red Loeb with a pan roof in some of the pictures? I've never seen that here.
RollerMAN   
Mon Feb 24 2014, 01:47pm
Thanks!
Regarding the Sport Red Loeb, the answer is yes and no. It has the same color as my car but it is not a real loeb edition, however, it is a top spec model, it has the 1.6 thp engine and lots of goodies such as sat nav, xenons, panoramic roof AND... white leather interior which is a real looker!

The weird thing is that particular car is actually for sale right now...
FakeConcern   
Mon Feb 24 2014, 02:45pm
Member No: #24127
I fancy that, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side! I have seen Exclusive models (5 door hatch) with that lovely pale leather in the UK, but never a Coupe.
RollerMAN   
Mon Mar 03 2014, 04:35am
During the weekend i changed my midbass speakers amplifier.
I had the opportunity to replace my Genesis Profile 4 Ultra with a Genesis Series III Dual Mono.
The difference is huge in terms of mid range frequencies but also the low frequencies are better controlled and they have more substance, you can feel the instruments better and the voice is much more pleasant and warm. Also i am now able to listen at higher volume while having the same accuracy and clean sound as i have at a lower volume.
So the upgrade was really worth it.
I only regret i was not able to do it sooner.
I will have some pics as soon as i finish arranging the cables, so they look good.
wozza   
Mon Mar 03 2014, 04:53am

Member No: #2
Lovely amps the dual mono's.

I sold all my Profile amps a couple years ago as I got a deal on a set of JL Slash amps. Brand new 1000/1v2 which at the time was still nearly £1000 I got for £250. Local shop was closing down so I just said I would have everything out of their JL car.

So got JL ZR650 components for dirt cheap, the amps etc. As I picked up a W7 sub at the same time it was pointless running the Genesis amps with the odd ohm rating on the JL subs. So made sense to switch to the JL's.

Got a HD600/4 JL to try as well. Going to be doing a new install in the Monaro but trying to decide on what to do. Was considering going with a 3 way front end so keep the ZR tweeter's, put the 6/5" mids in the 4 rear positions. Then run a 4" mid and an 8" midbass upfront.

The current car has 6.5's up front as a two way setup. Then coaxials in the rear side panels and 2 6" IB subs on the rear shelf.

It's a big car so I want to keep the rear speakers as I have people in the back quite often.
riven1962   
Mon Mar 03 2014, 12:46pm
Member No: #18905
Went skiing in Poiana Brasov many years ago, was very good.
RollerMAN   
Fri Mar 07 2014, 04:33am
@wozza how do the jls sound in comparison with genesis? have you had a chance to hear them?
If you want only an sq system you should choose to install only front speakers but if you think they are not enough and you don't care much about the soundstage you can choose to add those mids in the rear quarter panels, but i would not place mids/midbass speakers on the rear shelf (they are a bit to close to the rear passenger's heads and might be too loud), instead i would go either for a subwoofer in the trunk or low range speakers on the shelf to save space and weight as i understand you also use it as a track car. Of course there is always the option of taking out the subwoofer when going to the track.

@riven1962 Yep, Poiana Brasov is a nice place for winter sports.

RollerMAN   
Sun Mar 09 2014, 03:12pm
Got myself a new set of ferodo ds2500 front brake pads for the upcoming track day at hungaroring, i will be running on street tires, so there is no need for more aggressive brakes.
Now i am trying to decide what to get for the rear (discs+pads) as i have 97.000km and don't want to use the old discs/pads...any ideas?
p.s. they don't make ds2500 rear brake pads for the citroen c4...and that really annoys me.

RollerMAN   
Wed Apr 02 2014, 04:37am
And i'm back from Hungaroring.
I had fun on the track.
I have much to improove regarding the braking points and the speed in the corners, as well as some lines when entering and exiting the corners.
Being for the first time i wanted to be safe rather than sorry so i didn't push too hard.

I do have to tell you that using street tires was not a good ideea, next time i will be going on semislicks and i also hope to upgrade the brakes, at least the discs if not going even with something else, and i also need to find someway to cool them down, some brake ducts are necessary, but i have no ideea how i'm going to do that.

This is a video with the last session of the day and it contains my best lap, which is 2.33.xx and it starts at 14.07.

Throughtout one session the plan was to go in the first lap easy when exiting the pits, after that 2 hard laps, one cooldown, another 2 hard laps and the rest of the time for cooldown.

Enjoy!

Comments and advices are welcome.

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member