or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

How can I remove door handle?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
lordpercy   
Sat Dec 22 2007, 09:05pm
Hi

I have a Picasso C4 but a would bet the other C4s are the same.

I am trying to remove the front door panel.

Just how do I remove the door handle that seems to be holding it on.
The handle looks like it has a cover that prises off with a bolt under, but it will not come off.
Has anyone any tips?
Desperate to get the panel off.

thanx

steve
wozza   
Sat Dec 22 2007, 09:15pm

Member No: #2
You need to remove the handle bit where the electric windows etc are first. Remove the T15 screw I think it is from inside the handle should be easy to see. Then from the indent bit start to work it out it will just unclip. The upper section where the buttons are should be the last bit to try and pull out as it has a larger piece that basically hinges it.

Then Remove the other 3 screws. 2 towards the B pillar and 1 in the lower part of the panel towards the firewall.

Then just put a screw driver or similar wrapped in a rag between the panel and the metal and prise it open. That's it. The door release handle does not need to come off it is just clipped into the metal with a slide clip. The surround will come off when you start prising the door don't try and get it off on its own or you are likely to end up breaking it if you are not careful.
lordpercy   
Sun Dec 23 2007, 07:10am
hi

i think the picasso might be different.

i cannot see a screw in the handle.

very small hole at the top by the multifunction elec window switch.

i have these out as i have popped the panel about 50%, reached up and push the elec window switches out.

just can't shift that darn handle, and i think there is a bolt in it holding it onto the door.

have done loads of cars before, but these are touch to get off.

i'm also trying to remove the front bumber, and having problems threre also.

i have loosened the wheel liner, undone all the bolts i can find, undone the screws bottom front edge, undone the top plastic thingy with plastic screws.

still does not budge!.

thanx anyone for any help.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Dec 23 2007, 12:28pm

Member No: #1
To be fair I doubt many C4 Picasso owners have even needed to remove the door panels at this stage so you may have to be patient waiting for a definitive reply on this

I, like wozza, would have assumed that therte's not a great difference in the way the door panels are attached but without actually seeing one can't confirm

The one sticking one in the hatch/coupe though that most people overlook is the one that is in the bottom of the door pull which is part of the whole pull/switch assembly

As wozza says there will be very few screws around the outer edge of the trim as it is manly held on by simple hidden clips which, with care, pop fairly easily.
Phil   
Sun Dec 23 2007, 04:18pm

Member No: #406
The trim on handle does come off. There are 3 torx head bolts behind it which you need to undo.
Phil   
Sun Dec 23 2007, 04:24pm

Not sure on the bumper though.. not had to remove one yet.

Intrigued why you need to though...
lordpercy   
Sun Dec 23 2007, 10:36pm
hi

thanx for the replies.

does the trim on the hadle prize off? or are there hidden screws.

the car had some water damage...i purchased like that.

the door is pretty dead...no elec windows, door will not lock.

the switch is no good so off to a dealer to order one.

have fitted an new bsi and car now starts and drives.

front lights need cleaning out, so need to remove bumber.

car is brand new 07 plate and still has strips on door edge trim.

thanx for any help.

Regards

steve
Phil   
Mon Dec 24 2007, 06:12pm

Front half of the door handle trim prises off.
wozza   
Mon Dec 24 2007, 09:44pm

Member No: #2
Anyone close by the Manchester that does not mind me taking their Picasso apart I would then write a guide on how to get the panel off I kid. I just kept messing with my own until it was off.
lordpercy   
Sat Jan 05 2008, 09:27pm
hi

just an update as many questions never seem to have the answer.

yes the cover comes off the inner door handle. takes plenty of prising with fingers then 3 torx under.pull inner panel forward then upwards and it will come off.

do not use a screwdriver as this will damage the plastic. new handles are available from citroen.

electric window on drivers side (have not checked others) has a seperate motor and control unit to the regulator.
ridiculous amount of electronics to this.

The cover with electonics can be prized off, and then i applied 12v to the motor to close the window.

have a used from arriving next week.

thanx

steve
VTRPLUS27   
Tue Feb 21 2012, 01:46am
Member No: #24370
Can you be a bit more speciic about the interior door handle. I assume you mean the door pull (large item in centre) on arm rest. Do you ease the forward front off then screws are underneath that ???

Thanks in advance, new on here having just got a 2008 C4P VTR+ EGS
VTRPLUS27   
Wed Feb 22 2012, 05:34am
Ok sorted now.Misunderstood, door handle is the grab handle not the opener. Eased off from top end (pax door) forward end (driver door) screws revealed.
Rattle was due to electric window cable touching rear of the door card.
VTRPLUS27   
Wed Feb 22 2012, 05:39am
Photo of handle with the outer trim removed passenger side.

1 User said Thank You to VTRPLUS27 for this Post :
 gerryspain (15 Jul 2013 : 04:52)
rbarr   
Wed Feb 07 2018, 12:40pm
Member No: #50398
Hi guys, I'm trying to replace drivers side wing mirror unit. I have it unscrewed, but am not sure where the electrical cables for mirror and side indicator go. I've opened the door panel as above but am still unsure! Any clues?
c4infrance   
Mon Nov 28 2022, 08:16am
Member No: #45366
Not sure if this is the right place but it is relevant to this thread.

My door key was not working and when my remote failed I started to panic a bit.

So having took off the door panel thanks to the above I found a dense foam panel glued to the door. Ripped it open and with a mirror and a torch I saw a ball joint at the axis of the key lock was free. I unscrewed the door catch (2 plate screws on the door. I managed to get the ball joint back into the catch mechanism. Sorry for no photos . I was so elated at fixing I just put all back in place!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member