or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

Headlamp washers not working (not the pump or fuse)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Rich_Eason   
Mon Dec 30 2013, 04:45am

Member No: #90
steely wrote ...

xenons on mine as well and no problems with the last mot

As I say they are part of the test...

- Click Here -

Section 1.7 gives you an overview.

HIDs are contentious as some cars are fitted with HID but no washer systems (some early HID BMWs being one, Mitsubishi imports another) and its the call of the tester. As 2012 was the first year for them being tested, chances are not everywhere was up to speed. As more and more people start talking about it, fitting HID kits to their cars, and manufacturers fit as standard they become more widespread, and obvious.

As to if your car passes or fails it depends on the tester, if there is a Y in the day, the weather, the Earths rotational position to the moon....technically they are fitted to the car and therefore tested,

Its your call...
FakeConcern   
Sun Jun 07 2015, 05:51am
Member No: #24127
I should have known! I've just fitted a new pump & still doesn't work! So I have new 20 amp fuse, new pump, I've sprayed the terminals with contact cleaner & don't know what else to try. Anyone have any ideas?
FakeConcern   
Tue Jun 09 2015, 01:37pm
Has no one got any ideas on how to solve this?
szigi   
Sat Nov 28 2015, 05:04pm
Member No: #262
If you have not yet solved it, check the BSM module. This controls the washer pump. It may get damaged of overload if the pump was corroded and stuck. It should register an error that the dealer diagnostics can read. Hook up a bulb or a voltmeter to the pump and see electricity goes there.

But if the fuse is OK, the pump is OK, the wiring is OK, then unfortunately it's the BM module. It's simple but expensive to replace.
1 User said Thank You to szigi for this Post :
 FakeConcern (29 Nov 2015 : 03:47)
FakeConcern   
Sun Nov 29 2015, 03:49am
Thanks for the reply, I've not solved this yet. Passed the MOT without it again this year. I now have a Lexia, but not got it set up yet. When I do I may be able to check your theory.
LoungeBoy   
Sun Oct 06 2019, 03:59pm
Member No: #54586
Hi
Did this problem get resolved as I have the same issue with my 2008 Lounge HDi although I believe its fitted with halogen lights?
Thanks
Clive
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member