or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Fakemobile VTS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
FakeConcern   
Tue Oct 29 2013, 04:41pm
Member No: #24127
Don't quite know why, but while I was out today, my daughters have been busy with pumpkins!

Alfred E Neuman!

FakeConcern   
Sat Dec 14 2013, 02:02pm
It looks like the SALT season is here now!

Citroening   
Sat Dec 14 2013, 04:15pm
Member No: #24121
Thankfully it's not that bad around these parts yet Peter!

Still looks great even with a hint of salt...!

Missed the pumpkin pictures, very nice!
FakeConcern   
Sat Jan 11 2014, 02:20pm
I bought an engine undertray over the Christmas holiday, but didn't get around to fitting it as I didn't get enough clips at the same time. A bit silly really, I looked up all the info I could find on the C4 undertray & thought it was secured by 10 of those clip/bolt things. I ordered a set from the same place I got the tray. It was described as 10 pc. This actually meant 5 clips & 5 bolts! I ordered some more & fitted it today.

I understand the benefits could be better fuel consumption & aerodynamics. I already know the downside from changing the oil on my Volvo V70 which had one fitted. I will be interested to see if I notice any difference. I fitted a winter shield this winter & have noticed no difference in warm up time, but maybe the undertary will change that.

The most convincing argument in it's favour is that Citroen would not have gone to the trouble of paying to design & fit it if it didn't make a difference. We'll see.........

Dave_Retired.   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 02:51am

Member No: #1
Did you miss the thread where a user without the undertray went through surface water, sprayed the electrics and the car died on him?
FakeConcern   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 03:04am
C6 Dave wrote ...

Did you miss the thread where a user without the undertray went through surface water, sprayed the electrics and the car died on him?

No I didn't see that thread, but as you can imagine over the last few weeks I have been through a lot of surface water on the local lanes & the possibility had occurred to me. Anyway I have one now!
Citroening   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 10:15am
Good purchase Peter, although I don't envy you fitting it especially at this time of year...!

Did your VTS just not have one fitted at all then?
FakeConcern   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 11:02am
Citroening wrote ...

Good purchase Peter, although I don't envy you fitting it especially at this time of year...!

Did your VTS just not have one fitted at all then?

Neither my current or my previous VTS had an undertray when I bought them.
Luckily I fitted it yesterday when it was sunny, also washed it as I like to see what colour it is occasionally!

Citroening   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 11:05am
Ah that is interesting as I thought they had undertrays - I'm sure mine has...I'll have to check...!

Looking very nice indeed! They do look great when freshly cleaned!
FakeConcern   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 11:15am
Citroening wrote ...

I thought they had undertrays

I expect they did when new! I think people remove them as they can't be bothered with it when changing oil etc.

Citroening wrote ...

Looking very nice indeed! They do look great when freshly cleaned!

Thank you. I expect it will last until about 9pm tonight when it's likely to rain again!
MikeyW   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 11:40am
Member No: #28724
Your car looks really smart, what do you use to get such a good finish on the black paintwork ? Is it so shiny and reflective in the flesh?
FakeConcern   
Sun Jan 12 2014, 12:17pm
MikeyW wrote ...

Your car looks really smart, what do you use to get such a good finish on the black paintwork ? Is it so shiny and reflective in the flesh?

Thanks. It really is like that now, I used Poorboys Black Hole & Nattys Blue wax combination & it's great(see the previous page of this thread, I even managed one of thos before/after half & half pics!)I have never found anything as good as this for black before. Just checked & I used it in October & despite the awful weather it still comes up well with a wash.
FakeConcern   
Sun Jan 26 2014, 11:29am

Citroening   
Sun Jan 26 2014, 01:37pm
Does it get much better than a freshly cleaned Black C4 Coupe?!!

Looking very nice indeed Peter!

The wheels suit the C4 very well.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Jan 26 2014, 01:42pm

Member No: #1
Citroening wrote ...

Does it get much better than a freshly cleaned Black C4 Coupe?!!

Yes, a freshly cleaned 61 year old Black Traction Avant
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member