or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

C4GP Time on LCD Display

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
derekmccabe   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 04:55am
Member No: #30523
Hi All,

Hoping somebody might be able to help me with this one

Up until recently whenever I put my keys into the ignition and started my C4GP the time & date would appear by default on the LCD Display console but now when I start it up the LCD just comes up blank and I have to use the MODE key on the steering wheel to toggle through to the time/date display.

However, once I kill the engine and start up again the LCD defaults back to being blank at startup again

Does anyone know how I can change it back to having the time/date display come on by default every time I start up the engine like it did before? My kids are always playing in the car, bashing away on all of the buttons so looks like they have managed to change it somehow

Thanks in advance for any help with undoing their good work you folks!
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 04:58am

Member No: #1
How old is the car, when was the battery last replaced?
derekmccabe   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 05:17am
Hi C6 Dave,

The car is 2008 C4GP VTR+ just bought from dealer back in April this year.

I should have mentioned that it's not that the time or date are incorrect, it's just that the time/date is not displayed when I start the car like it used to - I have to toggle using the MODE key to view that screen which I never had to do before
BigJohnD   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 06:40am

Member No: #82
So the battery is 5 years old?
derekmccabe   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 06:46am
Yes as far as I know it has never been replaced since new, do you think that this could be the issue?

Also, for the first time ever I got a STOP message "Engine oil pressure too low" the other day when I started it...hasn't reappeared yet though - do you think this needs to be investigated also or wait to see if it does reappear?
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 07:13am

Member No: #1
derekmccabe wrote ...

yes as far as I know it has never been replaced since new, do you think that this could be the issue?

Also, for the first time ever I got a STOP message "Engine oil pressure too low" the other day when I started it...hasnt reappeared yet tho - do you think this needs to be investigated also or wait to see if it does reappear?

Yes, get it tested properly.

Oil Pressure to low could be a faulty oil filter or sensor if the oil level looks OK on the dipstick - more info: - Click Here -
BigJohnD   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 09:19am

There's plenty of evidence on this site to indicate odd things happen as the battery condition starts to fall off. In some cases, the battery has tested good, and it's only when it's changed for a new one the errors disappear.

It's not easy to take the battery out of a Pic, but swapping it for a known good one may be the best way to test things.
derekmccabe   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 09:39am
Cheers for all of the info & help guys,

Excuse my ignorance but this is the large car battery we are talking about replacing not some smaller one that I am not aware of?

Apologies but I had to ask!
BigJohnD   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 10:06am

Yes, we're talking about the large one under the bonnet.

The Pic has a sophisticated " Battery charge status control unit " to ensure battery performance and generally protect it.

What seems to happen is that once the battery performance drops off with age, usually starting when the battery is around 4 to 5 years old, weird things happen, such as what your experiencing. So, the first thing to do is to check the battery. Unfortunately, this is more than just putting a voltmeter across the terminals. Instruments which can estimate the condition of the internal cells and plates are needed.
derekmccabe   
Mon Nov 18 2013, 01:27pm
Thats perfect guys,

Thanks again for all of your time & help
tomandjo2   
Tue Nov 19 2013, 08:05am
Member No: #20851
Yes as mentioned get battery checked your local car spares dealer will usually check it for free.

Tom

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member