or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4 Picasso Pneumatic Suspension - Spring Conversion Kits

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
getchuk   
Mon Feb 06 2017, 11:35am
Member No: #39215
Ordered a set, but the code was not valid, so I wrote a message about it and got the rebate, excellent probably not gonna take away the fault messages, but hey what's the difference at least I now know it's not a problem. 😎
getchuk   
Fri Mar 03 2017, 01:56pm
Member No: #39215
Soo changed to springs, wow it's nice to just start the car and go, and not having to listen to when the compressor starts and quits.no fault messages either, guess that springs hold up the rear so the compressor doesn't need to start (left it in place just plugged the plastic pipes).👍👍
1 User said Thank You to getchuk for this Post :
 BigJohnD (03 Mar 2017 : 15:06)
BigJohnD   
Fri Mar 03 2017, 03:06pm

Member No: #82
If you get a suspension error message you'll need Diagbox to disable the message and change the car's firmware configuration to non-pneumatic.
rjbean   
Wed Mar 08 2017, 08:04am
Member No: #44050
Can anyone comment on how the spring kits compare when laden in the back? Also I have xenons so will the headlight level still auto adjust if I disable air suspension in lexia.
Has the discount code for the kit expired as the eurocarcare website isn't accepting it.
rjbean   
Wed Mar 08 2017, 10:37am
Member No: #44050
Just to answer one of my questions... There isn't a specific suspension discount code any more. You have to use the generic forum discount code.
Lpka   
Sat Mar 11 2017, 03:27am
Member No: #39165
I removed my pneumatic suspension and fitted springs.

I went with diagbox inside the BSI and removed my pneumatic suspension to MISSING.
Hardware wise : I disconnected the compressor and ECU unit (in the floor behind the driver seat), but still gives me an error "suspension faulty" when I start the car.

When I go faulty check with diagbox my pneumatic suspension is NO SHOW in the list, but still get the error in the car???? I don't get it.
Maybe something with the ABS or should I remove any FUSES and other stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.
trev h   
Sat Mar 11 2017, 05:10am
Member No: #10864
Iv'e got exactly the same issue, marked the suspension as missing but can't go any further, i was told by an independent that some cars couldn't be switched off, someone mentioned in another thread on a different subject that on later models - mines a 2010 model - you couldn't overide the ECU but don't know if thats true.
Someone recently wrote that they had replaced their air with springs & had simply plugged the ends of the airline & doesn't get any messages, what i was going to try when the weather gets a bit better is plug everything back in & tell the BSI that it's not missing & plug one of the airlines into both outlets on the compressor so as to make a loop & see if that fools the system into thinking it's still got air & the dash warnings go out.
Lpka   
Mon Jun 19 2017, 05:35am
Member No: #39165
OK, guys I DID it.
You have to change a few thing in LEXIA.

-BSI change configuration of a car.
"left hand driven, no pneumatic suspension , no START AND STOP"

-From ECU change PNEUMATIC suspension "MISSING"

-from ABS change HIGH indicator to "missing"

AND REMOVE THE CABLES FROM ecu witch are located behind the driver and THAT is IT.

No more service light and all GOOD.
1 User said Thank You to Lpka for this Post :
 BigJohnD (10 Jul 2017 : 06:35)
wozza   
Mon Jun 19 2017, 05:39am

Member No: #2
I will get this putinto a guide for future so it is easy for everyone to see.

Will have a look when I get home.

khsofiane   
Mon Jan 22 2018, 03:07pm
Member No: #42486
hi all, can someone explain ho to remove the code on teh dash after conversion please, in detail if possible.

Many thanks
gittos   
Tue Jan 23 2018, 10:56am
Member No: #30055
It looks to be explained in the post above by Lpka. You will need LEXIA to do it.
MrsEmms   
Wed Feb 28 2018, 12:25pm
Member No: #50593
Hi, my rear air suspension has failed, on 07 grand exclusive. Citroen dealer has said £1400 for a new compressor that might fix the problem. Looking into converting to spring suspension with the afore mentioned kit. Do I need to get anything else? Just the kir? Also looking back I noticed some posts about Citroen paying towards the cost if something went wrong with specific models? Is that still the case?

Thanks in advance H
trev h   
Thu Mar 01 2018, 04:14am
Member No: #10864
Citroen wont pay anything towards a spring conversion & none of the dealers round where i live would do the conversion, after fitting the car has to go on lexia/diagbox to be told that you've no longer got air suspension although iv'e failed to take my warning off even though iv'e got diagbox, had the service light on for past 2 years & occasionally the suspension faulty message will flash on, there's been a few on here who have managed to get the conversion done at a main dealer just a case of asking around, hopefully someone in your area will know of somewhere.
1 User said Thank You to trev h for this Post :
 MrsEmms (01 Mar 2018 : 06:52)
Simon24wrx   
Tue Mar 06 2018, 05:59am
Member No: #50555
Will be ordering this kit tomorrow - as my compressor has failed after a few days of ownership!! Can’t be bothered with £1400 for a new compressor to be fitted!!
Simon24wrx   
Tue Mar 06 2018, 06:03am
Member No: #50555
Lpka wrote ...

OK, guys I DID it.
You have to change a few thing in LEXIA.

-BSI change configuration of a car.
"left hand driven, no pneumatic suspension , no START AND STOP"

-From ECU change PNEUMATIC suspension "MISSING"

-from ABS change HIGH indicator to "missing"

AND REMOVE THE CABLES FROM ecu witch are located behind the driver and THAT is IT.

No more service light and all GOOD.

Hi has this been put into a guide at all now
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member