or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Fakemobile VTS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
FakeConcern   
Fri Jun 21 2013, 02:55pm
Member No: #24127
Thought I'd better put some pics of my VTS with Wozza's Wheels on!

I know many will say I should lower it, but I'm happy with it like this as i use it to commute to London & like the comfort.
I also put on the Team Hekos, look good and work much better than i expected in that the widows can be right down without too much breeze or noise.

wozza   
Fri Jun 21 2013, 03:55pm

Member No: #2
Eibach springs. Not massively different rates to standard when not pushing on. Just lower, ride quality isn't changed much. Some even say it improves.
MikeyW   
Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:38am
Member No: #28724
The car looks great with the wheels on! We're they the wheels you mentioned to me about a while back? they look really smart especially on a black car.

I have got similar wheels on mine, and all of my friends keep telling me to lower it, some days I look out the window and think it looks fine but other days I look out and think its crying out to be lowered to reduce the arch gap. Since I have fitted the leon splitter I think I would have trouble with getting into my driveway, as its quite close to bottoming out already, but the amount of time and research I have spent looking at eibach springs its only a matter of time before I take the punt.

With yours being a vts and black, the arch gap isn't really obvious (not in the pics anyway) I'm not sure it needs lowering
Ham   
Sun Jun 23 2013, 11:25am

Member No: #69
What wheels, i cant see them
FakeConcern   
Sun Jun 23 2013, 12:23pm
Tom, I may have to go for those Eibach springs at some point as they get great reviews, but I'm pretty happy with it as is for the moment.

Mikey, yes these are the ones. Thanks for the comments, I like the stealth black on black look too. I know what you mean about the height as well, with mine at standard, I have scraped the front number plate loads of times, that was the main reason I didn't get the Cupra splitter as I'd like to, since they look really good. (BTW you need some new pics of yours with the splitter!)

Ham, hehe!
Citroening   
Sun Jun 23 2013, 03:08pm
Member No: #24121
Very smart...!

Black on Black - perfect...
FakeConcern   
Sun Jun 30 2013, 03:04am
I found a can of red paint doing nothing at work, so on a whim, I painted my engine cover.

wozza   
Sun Jun 30 2013, 03:25am

Member No: #2
Looks good!

I really like that, now just need some hose covers and silicon hoses in red to add some more colour, have a red induction kit here....
FakeConcern   
Sun Jun 30 2013, 01:42pm
wozza wrote ...

Looks good!

I really like that, now just need some hose covers and silicon hoses in red to add some more colour, have a red induction kit here....

I would quite like the induction kit but......... I think it might just be the last straw as regards noise on the long commute I have. Also I already had to change insurance companies when I changed the wheels so not looking for mods ATM!
FakeConcern   
Tue Jul 16 2013, 03:28pm
New MOT today, just needed 2 new tyres. After nearly 25000 miles since I bought it last September that's not bad at all!
FakeConcern   
Sat Oct 26 2013, 03:06pm
Spent today cleaning, claying, polishing & waxing 2 of the cars ready for winter. I was amazed at how much dirt came off with the clay having only done mine a year ago & my daughter's Clio 18 months ago. I recently bought Poorboys Black Hole & Nattys Blue wax, recomended for black & red cars. Well we have 2 black & 2 red cars.....Only the black ones today, but what a difference! Wish I'd tried this combination before. Ran out of time so haven't done the glass, door shuts or plastics & only got one coat of wax on. I'd like to do more tomorrow, but the forcast is rain!

I managed to do one of those before/after photos using masking tape on the Clio, shows what an improvement it was.

Ham   
Sun Oct 27 2013, 06:47am

Member No: #69
You can use nattys blue wax on a damp washed car too, good when your short of time and just top the wax up. Its good stuff but doesn't seem to last long in summer
FakeConcern   
Sun Oct 27 2013, 10:39am
Ham wrote ...

You can use nattys blue wax on a damp washed car too, good when your short of time and just top the wax up. Its good stuff but doesn't seem to last long in summer

So I need to top this up regularly then? That's very useful information, that it can be used damp, thanks for that. I must say that the combination of Black Hole & the Blue wax has made the cars much blacker looking than any I've tried before.
Citroening   
Tue Oct 29 2013, 03:21pm
Member No: #24121
Looks great Peter! I've seen mention of the Black Hole before and good reviews too, I've been tempted in the past but I'm getting good results with Meguiars Gold Class and got loads left!

But once that's gone I think I'll have to give the Black Hole stuff a go.

Black cars at this time of year aren't the best...!
FakeConcern   
Tue Oct 29 2013, 04:22pm
Citroening wrote ...

Looks great Peter! I've seen mention of the Black Hole before and good reviews too, I've been tempted in the past but I'm getting good results with Meguiars Gold Class and got loads left!

But once that's gone I think I'll have to give the Black Hole stuff a go.

Black cars at this time of year aren't the best...!

Thanks Franklin, not too bad for a car with 128000 miles on it. This has made it look much blacker than it did when we last met & it looked grey compared to yours. I will keep using it on the black cars & keep you updated.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member