or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

All doors lock themselves when I close the driver's door

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
westvland   
Wed Mar 06 2013, 07:03pm
Member No: #20058
Hi everybody!
Thanks for your time and help in advance!
I have problem with driver door lock, all doors lock themselves when I close the driver door, with other doors everything is OK.
So when I open my C4GP with remote and sit in the car I close my door and
ALL doors lock themselves and side mirrors goes to parking position, then when I put ignition ON it opens back.
Very strange.
tomandjo2   
Thu Mar 07 2013, 02:09am
Member No: #20851
Possibly have an issue with the drivers door lock itself which is activating the central locking.

However you could try this, lock car as normnal then unlock car from drivers door using the KEY to if that corrects it.

Also leave another door open then close the drivers door, the central locking should not operate, then close the door you left open to see if c/locking is activated (shouldn't be).

Tom
westvland   
Thu Mar 07 2013, 08:37am
Thanks,
I tried, but still the same,
When I open passenger door and close driver's door I hear the click (car tried to close all doors).
and I open driver door with the key it close back directly all doors and and I opened door with key in open position i got alarm sound.
I also mentioned that when the key in the starter lock (with ignition OFF) than it do nothing, I mean not lock all doors.
Thanks in advance for you help.
tomandjo2   
Fri Mar 08 2013, 01:47am
Member No: #20851
With a door open the c/locking may click (normal) but shouldn't lock anything, key in ignition and no locking is also normal.

With driver's door open can you close the door lock latch with your finger and see what happens, this will determine if it's the physical closing of the door that causes it or the door lock itself.

Tom
windyfishface   
Fri Mar 08 2013, 01:45pm
Member No: #29672
I have only just got my C4 GP and I closed my door and my doors all locked with my son in it... totally threw me... but my key doesn't seem to work properly even though they said they had replaced the battery and it was working. It has only happened the once today though, so not sure what's going on

Still trying to work out what's happening with this....

I try and unlock with either mine or my partners buttons on key and it doesn't unlock, or activate the lights; so then you unlock with key manually, and put key in ignition drive it down the road, then get out and try and lock/unlock and then key then works. You can switch lights on, lock and unlock with buttons on key.

I park up for a couple of hours go out and key doesn't work unless I manually use it in door... annoying.

Any ideas please?
westvland   
Sat Mar 09 2013, 07:01pm
tomandjo2,
I tried but still the same, it lock all doors.
westvland   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 06:31am
No idea?
The problem is that I can forget my keys inside because all doors lock themselves.
graza   
Tue Aug 13 2013, 03:22pm
Member No: #30149
Hi, just got back from holiday and my C4 Picasso has developed the same problem. Whenever the driver's door is closed the central locking is activated and all doors and the boot lock. It's a real pain because one day the key will get locked in.

My wife borrowed my key and tried to unlock the car by inserting the key into the lock, rather than unlocking remotely - the problem only happened after this. A clue perhaps???

What's the best way of getting this new 'feature' fixed???
1 User said Thank You to graza for this Post :
 mjmcbride (11 Apr 2016 : 08:57)
Ponch   
Mon Aug 19 2013, 03:43pm
Member No: #32158
Evening C4 experts.

I am also having the same problem as you guys. I get out of the car, close the door and all the doors locked. I have gone through the manual, but there is no info regarding this. Is it a setting or an actual fault?

I can see me locking my keys in the car at some point. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
DaMiAa   
Fri Sep 20 2013, 06:52pm
Member No: #27518
I have the same problem but with the front passenger door. And i did lock my keys in the car. My wife had to drive 45 mins up the road with the spare which as you can imagine went down like a led balloon. Spoke to Citroen and they want to charge me £100 to run it through a diagnostic test to see if it is a registered fault.... I now make sure i always have the keys in my pocket before i shut any door... Any help would be great.....
ThinkTank   
Sun Oct 13 2013, 12:56pm
Member No: #32822
I have just had my "other half" report this problem. Thankfully I remembered that yesterday I wanted to lock the kids in the car (for 2 mins only whilst I dashed across a car park and back) and had locked the car using the key in an attempt to NOT set the alarm.

I have just reset the car by putting one (main) key in ignition and turning it on (but not starting engine) then closed the door and sure enough it locked. Then, with the other key, unlock the car using the key - not the fob.

Car now does not "auto-lock" with key in or out.

So far I have not left the car for hours to check it doesn't come back on but, so far, so good.

Hope this helps someone!
2 User said Thank You to ThinkTank for this Post :
 Pinxtonpete (02 Jul 2016 : 16:01) , Dave.T (05 Dec 2019 : 04:57)
BigJohnD   
Sun Oct 13 2013, 01:36pm

Member No: #82
Interesting. How did you figure that out?
ThinkTank   
Sun Oct 13 2013, 07:03pm
Member No: #32822
Just thought what we'd done with the car in the last 24 hours - then did the reverse!

Seemed to work so I thought it was worth sharing - especially as I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

Wife came back after 4 hours - car's still OK so it's looking good.
3 User said Thank You to ThinkTank for this Post :
 BigJohnD (14 Oct 2013 : 05:21) , Pinxtonpete (02 Jul 2016 : 15:31) , OwenCGrandy42007 (24 Mar 2017 : 04:13)
Pinxtonpete   
Sat Jul 02 2016, 03:30pm
Member No: #45418
I had the same problem today with my GP.
This morning I changed the battery in one of the fobs, opened the drivers door with the key to get in to re-calibrate the fob then I locked the car afterwards with the remote and all was fine.
Later I opened the car as normal and my wife climbed in the front passenger seat and closed the door. I went to open the rear door and it was locked! She leaned back and opened it for me.
Then we went to the garage. After filling I opened the front passenger door to get a something from the wife and closed the door. When I went to open the drivers door it was locked!
I went home and decided to play about with it.
I left the key in the ignition (OFF) and closed the drivers door and left the car for 5 minutes, it was still open. I tried it several times and it was always open (with ignition both on and off).
Then I closed the drivers door, went to the front passenger door and opened it, then as soon as it closed all the locks engaged. This happened every time without fail.
I tried the key in the drivers door as was stated above but it made no difference, it would still lock all the doors with the passenger door.
Then I opened the passenger door with the key and all was fine. I tried all doors opening and closing, locking and unlocking and now the car is fine!
Lexia showed no faults on the system!
Hope this helps someone.
2 User said Thank You to Pinxtonpete for this Post :
 OwenCGrandy42007 (24 Mar 2017 : 04:16) , installer (20 Jan 2020 : 13:53)
OwenCGrandy42007   
Fri Mar 24 2017, 04:36am
Member No: #47780
I have the same problem that these members have with the door locks, I have not tried this yet but I wondered if disconnecting the car battery for a short time might reset the computer / door locks etc?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member