or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Climate control/heater blower dead!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
shorty   
Wed Nov 07 2012, 05:23am
Member No: #2020
Hi Martin
I know you posted a little while ago but I am having a similar issue and wondered if you ever got it resolved? I have just fitted a new blower motor. Again the connection socket gives different voltages as the fan speed is selected so there is power getting there but the fan is not working. Does the car need plugging into a diagnostics machine to calibrate the part? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Matt
trembling_blender   
Thu Dec 04 2014, 01:04pm
Member No: #15528
Hey folks,

I've got another thread on the go (no avail yet..no-one seems to know how to fix the problem) but i came across this thread and this is the exact same problem I have.

**Out of the ENTIRE INTERNET, the only reference to this same problem is here!**

So...the blower comes on full blast for 1 second on turning the ignition to start the car, then nothing. Other days, the car turns on no problem (no full blast blower) but you can then cycle through the fan settings and its fine (its the climate control model)..basically, its normal.

But, as has been discussed, this is a total lottery..no rhyme or reason! I've replaced the blower, the resistor module, tried another control panel...no difference.

Anyone???
BigJohnD   
Thu Dec 04 2014, 01:18pm

Member No: #82
Please do not post the same issue in multiple threads.

The only outcome is confusion.

In case you hadn't noticed, one thread is about climate control, the another about manual A/C.
trembling_blender   
Thu Dec 04 2014, 01:32pm
John,

I'm sorry, i'm obviously very frustrated and was stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one...I've 'commandeered' one thread so to speak - Click Here - so I've been updating that with my progress, BUT i saw this thread today with the exact problem I am facing (i'm not kidding you...out of the whole of the internet, this is the only reference to it) and I had hoped the me replying here would trigger notifications to the posters on this thread, and they may reply. Notably, Louise, as she has the exact same problem.

Should I have contacted them individually? Again, I'm sorry, but please don't get on at me. These past few weeks it just feels as if I have been having conversations with myself on here. The garage, the auto electricians, no-one can help. I'm at a loss.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Dec 05 2014, 02:45am

Member No: #1
trembling_blender wrote ...

I had hoped the me replying here would trigger notifications to the posters on this thread, and they may reply. Notably, Louise, as she has the exact same problem.

Did you not notice that 'Louise' details are missing?

They are no longer a member so are not in a position to respond as they won't have seen your post. That's the problem with trying to resurrect 7 year old threads I'm afraid.
trembling_blender   
Tue Dec 09 2014, 07:12am
Hi Dave,

Apologies, I didn't notice that re Louise's details (I didn't think it necessary to click on her name).

Noted for future reference, thanks for pointing it out.
Marin   
Mon Oct 23 2017, 08:53am
Member No: #25213
Hi trebmling_blender,

Did you resolve your problem?

I have exact same problem, and hint what to do next

Br
Marin
grahn   
Thu Jan 16 2020, 09:47am
Member No: #50493
Hello All,

was the fuse box faulty on Martin' car. My C4GP 66 plate has the same fault. Air con not working or intermitant. When it works its fine. sound like air con control unit, if not that then intermitant fuse box.
rusky   
Thu Jan 16 2020, 01:32pm
Member No: #27768
Have you had the refrigerant level checked?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member