or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Mood Lighting - possibly...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Scoops   
Sat Jan 05 2013, 12:27pm
Member No: #4366
Hi, me again

Day 3 and so far very pleased with my new 1.6 VTR+ EGS C4 hatch and just getting the hang of things like bluetooth phone, memory on cruise and not having to change gear any more! Luxury and economy all in one!

Now to the point, 'mood lighting'. Have I got it or not? I certainly haven't got footwell lights but I have noticed 2 small LEDs either side of the front interior light. In the manual it suggests that these illuminate when you have the lights on. I have auto lights but they do not appear to be on - unless I open the door... And then of course the main light comes on?!?!

So, Have I got them or not? Should they illuminate with lights on? or, I haven't got them and I am just seeing light shining through from the main light?

So many questions....
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jan 05 2013, 01:12pm

Member No: #1
If you have got it, it will be very hard to see unless your in an area without street lighting as it's at a very low level.

I speak from experience of it in the C6
BigJohnD   
Sat Jan 05 2013, 07:39pm

Member No: #82
They're personal lights, switched on by a small switch next to each light.

Auto lights is a feature whereby the headlights come on when the ambient light hits dusk or darker, and nothing to do with the interior lighting. Turn the head light switch to AUTO to activate, assuming your model has the optional auto pack.
dazeck   
Mon Jan 07 2013, 09:09am
Member No: #28574
I have mood lighting in my C4GP Exclusive, it was very hard to find it but I notice it best inside the door handles when it's very dark outside. I can adjust the brightness via a rocker switch under the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel. It's all a feint orange glow.
BigJohnD   
Mon Jan 07 2013, 09:45am

Scoops wrote ...

new 1.6 VTR+ EGS C4 hatch

It's not a Picasso and AFAIK hatches don't have mood lighting.
Scoops   
Mon Jan 07 2013, 12:43pm
Hi BigJohn

Yes I do have an Auto Pack on my car. My head lights are always on 'auto' but the LEDs do not seem to be illuminated when dark (like now!)... I have map reading lamp switches and a switch in the ctre for the main interior lights. Confused!
Scoops   
Sat Jan 12 2013, 03:10am
Ok, can anyone with a VTR+ have a peak in your car. When your lights are on, do you have 2 small LEDs next to the map reading lights shining down wards to the gear shift/handbrake area? I appear to have the LEDs, but they are not coming on when the lights are on.....

Thank you
BigJohnD   
Sat Jan 12 2013, 06:10am

Is this what you're referring to? This is my 2010 VTR+ without auto lights.

Scoops   
Sat Jan 12 2013, 07:17am
thats the kiddies! are they meant to be on with my lights?
Scoops   
Sat Jan 12 2013, 08:12am
Weirdness. just been to get the car washed. Whilst in the shed area the headlamps were on cos it was dark and they are on auto. then I had to open the door.... as I did this, of course the standard interior light came on (pictured above illuminated) and so did the LEDs! When I closed the door, they all went out despite the headlights still being on.... WT?
BigJohnD   
Sat Jan 12 2013, 08:34am

To be honest, I've never really noticed them before. When I get in, I always watch the dash for warnings while I put the key in and switch on.

However, there appear to be several variations of the "Interior Lamp - Card Reader" (that's what it's called), each with different ambient lighting configurations.

AMB LGHT = AMBIANCE LIGHTING NON SOFT
AMB LGHT SOFT = AMBIANCE LIGHTING SOFT
AMB LGHTS = AMBIANCE LIGHTING (SOFT OR NON SOFT)
AMB LED = FRONT COURTESY LAMP AMBIANCE LED
At the moment that's all I know…

1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 Scoops (12 Jan 2013 : 08:43)
Scoops   
Sat Jan 12 2013, 08:45am

How does one configure said card reader? I've looked in my handbook and that's not very for coming with info. Is it via the OBC or needs to be switched on by Citroen?
scarbro   
Wed Jan 16 2013, 11:53am
Member No: #153
In my handbook Page 109 refers to Interior Mood Lighting.

Switching On - ....come on automatically when the side lights are switched on
Switching Off - Can be switched off manually by adjusting the instrument panel rheostat button to one of the lowest settings.

I have them on my car and the do come on with the lights set to auto however they are not very good. If you hold your hand upto them you can see them illuminating it but as far as flooding the centre console there is barely any illumination visible even in complete darkness.

My last C5 had orange ones and were very good in illuminating the centre console around the gear lever.
george2   
Wed Sep 18 2013, 06:05pm
Member No: #29894
BigJohnD wrote ...

To be honest, I've never really noticed them before. When I get in, I always watch the dash for warnings while I put the key in and switch on.

However, there appear to be several variations of the "Interior Lamp - Card Reader" (that's what it's called), each with different ambient lighting configurations.

AMB LGHT = AMBIANCE LIGHTING NON SOFT
AMB LGHT SOFT = AMBIANCE LIGHTING SOFT
AMB LGHTS = AMBIANCE LIGHTING (SOFT OR NON SOFT)
AMB LED = FRONT COURTESY LAMP AMBIANCE LED
At the moment that's all I know…

Hi,

I own a 2012 C4 (B7) THP 1.6 EGS (Exclusive version) and I also have these small holes as in the picture.
they never turn on no matter what time of day or light level or lighting mode I set.
my manual clearly states that these 'mood lights' should go on when dark.
I pulled my build specs from Citroen's site and they read:

MISC. INT. LAMPS = LC FR/RR LEDS WITH AMB LED WITH AMB LTG

So, does that mean that I have mood lighting and there's a problem?

thanks
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Sep 19 2013, 03:17am

Member No: #1
The 'problem' is that unless it's very dark (no street lights) you won't see them as they are so low powered.

It is also possible that the garage didn't enable them on the pre delivery inspection of course.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member