or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

DS4 USB

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ronos   
Fri Aug 23 2013, 07:45am
Member No: #12853
I purchased a 4 port USB 2.0 high speed hub, so that I could listen to music on a data stick and run my tomtom at the same time. The data stick works great when plugged in the USB port in the car, but when I plug the 4 port hub in, a message comes saying "peripheral devise not recognised". Any ideas???
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Aug 23 2013, 08:02am

Member No: #1
Does the 4 port hub require power to make it work, if so you have your answer as the port on the car will only read from it, it's not powered as far as I am aware unlike a PC one which will say charge an iPhone.
ronos   
Fri Aug 23 2013, 09:09am
The answer is I think so, when the HUB is connected there is a blue light that comes on inside the middle port on the hub, also when the data stick, and the tomtom are connected, a red light comes on the data stick and the tomtom goes into charge mode.
John_S   
Sat Aug 24 2013, 08:03am
Member No: #30370
I think that the answer is that you won't get it to work.
I tried a similar experiment with several hubs on the USB box in my DS3 with similar results. Haven't even bothered to try it on the C4 as it's a waste of time.
On a side note have also tried a hub on the USB port of TV and that failed as well
BigJohnD   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 11:50am

Member No: #82
The USB port is not sophisticated enough to recognise more than one input at a time.

Plug either device directly into the port and you should have no problem.
ronos   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 03:41pm
Thanks for all input. I have got a USB adapter, so shall use the ciggie lighter.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member