or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

Returning to the fold, with a new shape C4

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 01:06pm

Member No: #82
Does this help?

7603.N6 WHEEL FIX PLATE £2.94 + VAT = £3.53
7603.R2 SUPPORT SCREW £5.98 + VAT = £7.18

StevieB2   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 01:52pm
Member No: #31883
Spot on BJD!

That's exactly it

Cheers
Stevie B
StevieB2   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 02:03pm
Fuel Gauge... as I expected...dead accurate!
The bleep came on and said 83 miles to go.. Fuel Too Low.. Fuel Too Low..
Dealer must have left me all of 7.5 ltrs in it, tight wotsits...

Just filled up...(ouch, that hurt) £78 (less a Sainsburys discount voucher )

However took exactly 56 ltrs to fill her up, meaning there really was around 4 ltrs left.. re-assuring to know methinks..

Haven't driven it enough to get a realistic readout for mpg.At the moment it's saying 633 distance to go, however, if it's anything like the previous Cool C4, I expect that distance to go limit, to rise as the mpg does.. tis all relative eh ?

But when I say I enjoy driving it..even 2 miles to do the shopping and fill it up was pleasurable, ( other than paying for the fuel)

Like BJD, I no longer do a fraction of the previous miles, but I too, am a diesel convert..... forever..
Best of all.....am loving it !

StevieB
BigJohnD   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 03:35pm

StevieB2 wrote ...

The bleep came on and said 83 miles to go.. Fuel Too Low.. Fuel Too Low..
Dealer must have left me all of 7.5 ltrs in it, tight wotsits...

However took exactly 56 ltrs to fill her up, meaning there really was around 4 ltrs left.. re-assuring to know methinks..

Completely filling the tank is nearer 62 litres - 83 miles on 4 litres is pushing it...
StevieB2   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 03:59pm
BJD, I am under no illusions, but nice to know the fuel gauge is fairly accurate.
This at least gives me peace of mind.

BTW, just ordered my C4O sticker and upgraded to Premier..
Feels good to be back

Cheers

StevieB
StevieB2   
Fri Aug 02 2013, 02:41pm
A discovery.... one of the daytime running light bulbs was out, closer inspection showed the bulb was duff..Despite the missus protests about 'they should have sorted that' ermm..we chaps all know a bulb can blow anytime, anywhere...

Anyway, the discovery was... it's a bl**dy lot easier access to the headlamp bulbs than in the old shape C4.
Seems access has been better designed for replacing bulbs anyway..

Never had a motor with Daytime running lights, was surprised to see they are nowt more than a 21/5w brake bulb...

I shall replace these sometime with LED error free types at some stage, for brighter light and longevity.
Also found they can be disabled using the on board info display..neat that.

Hope to get more aquainted with it this weekend.. feedback to follow and hopefully some pics.

Cheers

Stevie B
StevieB2   
Fri Aug 09 2013, 02:36pm
Spent a little 'quality time' with our new(2nd hand) C4 last weekend, still not really clocking up the miles, but boy....how I missed the cruise control. It was always my favourite' gadget on the 07 C4 Cool, and that hasn't changed.

Have to say, even the shortest trips are a joy in the New C4, it's just a lovely motor to drive. The new 1.6Hdi engine is smoother and quieter than I recall in the 07 Cool we had.The ride is superior too, in my view, albeit 2 years since I last drove a C4.

The power for a 1.6 engine is re-assuring, and of course the economy is fabulous, currently around 56 ish.
Twenty quid a year car tax is bonkers.. but I love it !

The seats don't squeak.. a plus over our old C4 Cool, the seats are comfortable and adequately support, even without lumber support adjustment, on this VTR.

The VTR doesn't have a usb port, only an aux socket, but it instantly picked up my Cowon mp3 player, which sounds pretty good.

The dash is totally different to the original C4, but it is still digital, and even though we cannot customise the colours, it's easy to see eveything.

Odd... no water display tho, and just an 'engine oil ok' light, but as I drive a van for work, its the same in those too.

The handbrake does seem visually a strange shape, but I got used to that quite quickly, the steering wheel is also now fixed, so some of the quirkiness has gone.

To date, there are no rattles or loose bits.. it's just a lovely car...
Can you tell i am delighted with it yet ?

In true 'new car, new C4 tradition' I have also purchased a few goodies.I'll write about these in another part of the forum.

Meanwhile here's a few more pics of our New C4 1.Hdi VTR..
No regrets with this at all...delighted with it..

StevieB2   
Fri Aug 09 2013, 02:52pm
This weekends task..... fit the C4 Owners sticker!
StevieB2   
Fri Aug 16 2013, 04:14pm
Badges..

Am I alone in thinking Citroen make some strange decisions ?

Only noticed today, that there is only 1 VTR badge on the offside rear door quarter panel.
The other side is completely blank... most odd...

Anyways, thinking I had a 'missing VTR badge' I googled and ebayed a few VTR and VTR+ images.. lo and behold... I am wrong !

It seems it is indeed standard Citroen practice to only put a single badge, VTR or VTR+ on the drivers ( offside) rear door quarter panel..

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours ?

StevieB2   
Fri Aug 16 2013, 04:33pm
Well, we have now had our new shape C4 for around 3 weeks, and am still delighted with it.

Our original 2007 C4 Cool was (I thought) the best car we have ever owned, have to say in the short time we have had this, I think the new shape C4 is better.

Incredibly quiet for a diesel, superbly efficient too, the comfort is better.

As BJD has said previously, it's not as unique as the original C4 shape, which broke new ground with it's styling, dash and steering wheel but I really like this. It stands out from the competition in any car park, and I am still not seeing hundreds of them, it really is, just a lovely car !

Time will tell if this feeling continues, but any journey in it is a pleasant experience. I actually look forward to driving it, after driving my works VW caddy all day.

BigJohnD   
Fri Aug 16 2013, 05:11pm

StevieB2 wrote ...

Only noticed today, that there is only 1 VTR badge on the offside rear door quarter panel.
The other side is completely blank... most odd...

Saves money...
StevieB2   
Fri Aug 23 2013, 02:01pm
The first 'issue' or rather blip, raised it's head this afternoon.
Started the car and the centre display scrolled something like. 'Check Dipped beam headlights' and the red service indicator illuminated on the dash.

I did what it asked of me.. all working ok... curious...
Stopped and restarted a few times.. and the error remained.

The next time I had stopped and restarted.. no error.. no service indicator..
Sigh... the joy of modern cars eh ?

StevieB2   
Sun Sep 01 2013, 02:07am
Had the new C4 for around a month, and approx 400 miles done, and for the most part am very happy with the new car. However yesterday a new 'issue' appears to be manifesting itself now.

Has happened once that I know of.. maybe more.. I need to keep a closer eye and document the incidents.

This is the same issue that's been logged, here on C4 Owners with the older (Pre- 2011) C4 models, auto unlocking of the central locking system.

I most certainly deadlocked the car last night when I visited my mum.Upon returning to car, I operated the plip /key fob.. there was no recognition from the car at all, no unlocking noise /click, no flashing indicators.. the car was unlocked !

I locked and re-locked it several times and it appeared to work ok.. driving off the 'all doors open icon/ warning' on dash illuminated, followed by the 'boot open icon /warning'.

I stopped, opened and re-closed (but it was already closed) the boot lid shut.. then all seemed ok, all warning lights /icons disappeared.

Having read similar topics here in the pre 2011 section, I am guessing the car may have a faulty lock / microswitch. I shall monitor it and see if it re-occurs.

The missus isn't very happy, but I guess this can happen as cars become increasingly more complex, relying on dgital wiring & sensors etc.

It is disappointing tho.
StevieB2   
Sun Sep 01 2013, 02:12am
Our new C4, now sporting the new C4 Owners badge

BigJohnD   
Sun Sep 01 2013, 03:18am

Looks like a fault if all the doors are shut and you get a warning they're open.

A visit to the dealer is needed.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member