or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

Returning to the fold, with a new shape C4

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
StevieB2   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 02:35pm
Member No: #31883
Hi all,

its been a while ( formerly known as StevieB) and have to confess, I made the biggest mistake of my life offloading our C4 cool 2007 in 2011..A decision I very much regret..BUT...
we have today taken delivery of a 2nd hand :

2011 new shape C4 VTR 1.6 HDi90 in shark grey metallic.

Would have preferred a VTI + with all the extra's but even 2nd hand they are still beyond our budget... so this will do us nicely for the next 3 years.. the master plan

We got a good p/ex on this, and its Citroen Approved so got a good warranty etc.

Have to say, I now KNOW what I missed.. the Citroen quirkyness, design, style, the comfort, power and quietness of this new C4 is super, even surpassing the Cool we had a few years ago.

Yes.. I am a born again Citroen fan

I shall sign up for the premier membership later and order a C4O sticker too.

Haven't got any pics of the motor myself, so this is lifted from the dealership.

Only driven it 20 miles ..and I love it !

See you on the forums..

Cheers

Stevie B

Dave_Retired.   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 01:43am

Member No: #1
You know it makes sense

I have moved the thread over to the road test section so you can continue to feedback on your New C4.

Comparisons with the old C4 could be interesting read.
Rich_Eason   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 05:27am

Member No: #90
Welcome back!
BigJohnD   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 08:14am

Member No: #82
Car looks like the one on my drive!
StevieB2   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 10:42am
Thanks for the welcome guys

Cheers Dave, I shall happily provide feedback & comparison to our old 07 C4 Cool.

By the way.. this was me in my 'former C4 Cool life'
- Click Here -

( dunno where the pics went in my old/ original thread though,I thought they were uploaded direct, rather than hosted)
Hey ho...

Not had a chance to drive it much, but the finish and drive does seem superior to the old Cool model we had..

More later..

Cheers
StevieB
BigJohnD   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:52am

Member No: #82
StevieB2 wrote ...

I shall happily provide feedback & comparison to our old 07 C4 Cool.

My observations are here: - Click Here - And the MOT is due in 3 months
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 01:12pm

StevieB2 wrote ...

By the way.. this was me in my 'former C4 Cool life'
- Click Here -

( dunno where the pics went in my old/ original thread though, I thought they were uploaded direct, rather than hosted)
Hey ho...

6 year old thread, the images were taken off the server in an update but I have added them back from a backup for comparison with the new car

However I don't understand why you needed to create a new user account as the original is still there which you could have used
StevieB2   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 01:51pm
okay, this will be a slow & on going process...

Due to a change of job and no need to use my own vehicle for work use, we offloaded our 2007 C4 Cool in 2011, for something much smaller...Oh how I so regretted that decision ever since !

I have 'tolerated' the brand new little car for almost 2 years, and decided that it was now time to change.

Turn the clock back a few weeks ago.. got 'le urge' to change motors and seek out another Citroen C4, but preferably the new shape variant, but could be swayed for a 2010 late 'facelift' C4 of higher spec..
undecided.. so the search began.

Have to say, I was surprised to find not many about..not around our budget anyway.. circa £9k including around £6k for our p/ex.

That said over the past 2 weeks, I have seen exactly 4 on the road, of any variant...reminds me of the old C4 Cool days

I wanted something around 2 years old, 1.6hdi and less than 20k, full service history and a decent warranty too.. ( not asking much eh ? )

Continual search of Citroen Retail Groups website and Fleabay Classifieds daily.. revealed a few, but all in the £10.5K + price bracket, beyond our means..

Then up popped a local new shape C4 VTR, admittedly the lower 'entry 'spec' but it did have some things I sooo missed since dropping our 07 Cool. Namely, style, power, comfort, cruise control (my most favourite gadget ever !)

We ( wife & I) did the Saturday morning trip to the dealership.. looked nice.. shiny shark grey metallic paint, dealer serviced,14K on the clock.
It didn't have the VTR+ extras..and even the steel wheels with trims didn't put me off.

Had a fabulous test drive, experiencing all sorts of driving, village, dual carriageway up to 70.. I was sold... soo smooth, so quiet..much quieter than I recall the previous Cool C4 was, £20 road tax pa.. superb economy.. I was convinced this was it..

Then came the dreaded...
- Click Here -

Yup.. along the leading edge of the bonnet, were bubbles.. just as described in C4Owners thread...Arrghhh

Luckily, I kept my link to C4 Owners and did some background research, this together with DS4 forum I was armed with info...a Confirmed Citroen Warranty issue !
I was disappointed that this car was a'Citroen Approved' vehicle and did wonder why the heck it wasn't picked up or actioned before being put for sale on the forecourt..

Anyways, after supplying much of the information from C4 Owners, and insisting I would accept nothing less than a brand new bonnet..

It had the desired effect.. it delayed the process by a week.. but last weekend we re-inspected and completed the deal..and here I am...

To be continued............

StevieB2   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 01:56pm
Dave, I tried to use that one, but couldn't recall the passwords or log in, so I felt it was easier..
In hindsight, I spose I could have emailed you for them.

Sorry about that, I am sure I am getting dafter too !

StevieB
StevieB2   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 03:45pm
A retrograde step I have identified is the PSA decision to no longer supply spare wheels, but a compressor and gunk !

Worse, I read that should you be unfortunate enough to have to use this horrible stuff.. you cannot have the puncture repaired, which means a new tyre !

Erm... Fleabay to the rescue... a 16" Radicale ( same as I had on the Cool) full size spare with a Pirelli 600 with 4mm tread..£40.. that will do very nicely..followed by a complete jack set for £20.. sorted
I got the guy to throw in 4 free alloy wheel bolts, just in case the ones on the steel wheels are different.

Now I need the yellow centre bolt thingy to hold it in position in the well..Have you got a part number please Dave ?

At the moment, it's packed with some foam.. not ideal.. but pleased to have a 'real spare wheel' albeit at £70 incl delivery..

Stevie B
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 02:28am

StevieB2 wrote ...
along the leading edge of the bonnet, were bubbles.. just as described in C4Owners thread...Arrghhh

Some things never change......

As for the spare wheel carrier, all I can find is this:

[shadowbox=http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/attachment/1/1375255612_1_FT186876_c4_b7_spare_wheel_carrier.jpg|C4 B& Spare Wheel Carrier::||]http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/attachment/1/1375255612_1_FT186876_c4_b7_spare_wheel_carrier_.jpg[/shadowbox]
FrankBullitt   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 03:25am

Member No: #19238
Nice looking car, dare we ask what the 2-year mistake was?!

StevieB2 wrote ...
Continual search of Citroen Retail Groups website and Fleabay Classifieds daily.. revealed a few, but all in the £10.5K + price bracket, beyond our means..

Did you try Sutton Park - they have two 1.6HDI VTR+ models under £10K and with less than 20K on the clock, on a 2012 '61, the other a '12?
StevieB2   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 11:02am
Thanks Dave, Sorry, I praps didn't make it clear..I have all this..it just sits inside the spare wheel.

The part I need is the bolt /yellow cap thingy that screws the spare into the bolt hole within the rear well.
The old Cool had one, so assuming it will be the same?

Cheers
StevieB
1 User said Thank You to StevieB2 for this Post :
 CecilSneer (14 Dec 2014 : 00:41)
StevieB2   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 11:12am
FrankBullitt wrote ...

Nice looking car, dare we ask what the 2-year mistake was?!

StevieB2 wrote ...

Did you try Sutton Park - they have two 1.6HDI VTR+ models under £10K and with less than 20K on the clock, on a 2012 '61, the other a '12?

Ah, Frank.. you have discovered what I did too..

They don't keep their Bl**dy website updated !.. I also saw 2 advertised at Sutton Park ( Tamworth branch), went over (as I work nearby) indeed I saw them in the yard with SOLD tickets weeks ago!

This is the same with many car dealer websites, I know, I chased a few with the same result.
Even Citroen Retail group took a week to remove ours from its national website and ebay classified too.

Not looking now, we done the deal and now have the car.. not the VTI+, but hey ho.. we are pleased with it.

Cheers
Stevie B
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 12:41pm

StevieB2 wrote ...

The part I need is the bolt /yellow cap thingy that screws the spare into the bolt hole within the rear well.
The old Cool had one, so assuming it will be the same?

One should never assume anything with Citroen...........
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member