or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Loeb

Sport Red / Aden Red.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Citroening   
Sun Jul 28 2013, 08:33am
Member No: #24121
Was just wondering if some of you could clear up a point for me regarding Sport Red that'd found on the Loebs.

I was always under the impression that Sport Red (or Aden Red, which it is called in the Loeb Brochure) was only available on Loebs, and I must say that I've only ever seen the colour on the Loebs and not another C4.

However, I've come across a 2006 (56) C4 with I believe is indeed Sport Red, however doesn't appear to have had a colour change BUT is not a Loeb, except is a VTR+ Coupe. "My Car Check"ing the reg confirms it is a VTR+, however My Car Check any Loeb and it comes up as a Loeb edition.

So, any thoughts? Does it specifically state anywhere that Sport Red was only available on the Loebs - I've not got a general C4 brochure but the Loeb brochure doesn't state it was solely for that car...

I suppose this car could have been a special order, or perhaps a very good colour change? I will hopefully be seeing it in the next few days.

It's got me confused...!
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Jul 28 2013, 09:07am

Member No: #1
If you look at the C4 Specification Archived document for 2006 - Click Here - you will see that the only red that was available was 'Wicked Red'

Many people confuse Wicked with Sport as the colour varies depending on the lighting conditions and the only way your going to know is to look at the paint code on the drivers door plate - Click Here -

Wicked (or Rouge Lucifer) is code EKQ whilst Sport is KKN

If you can get the Vin for the car I can check the factory build spec for it..........
Citroening   
Sun Jul 28 2013, 09:15am
Thanks Dave, that's a useful PDF that Spec document.

Having been shown a picture of the car, it's definitely not Wicked Red and I'm near 100% certain it is Sport Red...

Will have to wait and see though to see what it's all about. Thanks for the colour code, will make a note of that to compare it. Will also try and get the VIN, too.

It'll be interesting to see what's what with this car...
wozza   
Sun Jul 28 2013, 09:37am

Member No: #2
If it's on the net and you have not seen it in person. It could be wicked red.

It photographs quite strangely at times, sometimes it's maroon, other times its full on bright red.

Like my VTS. The pearlescent colours are like that, mine can look flat and like a solid colour at times. Cleaned and polished and in the sun totally different.

If its sport red though. Respray could be possible, I thought the facelift THP's came in sport red at one point with exclusive badging as well?
Citroening   
Sun Jul 28 2013, 09:43am
I know what you mean, Tom, as some colours can be strange like that however in the photo it appeared more orange/red like the Sport Red can sometimes photograph as opposed to the maroon/red.

We'll soon see, though, be interesting to see what it actually is. Could be a respray, or of course perhaps a vinyl wrap.
Citroening   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 10:00am
Well I saw the car today...

Apologies for the pictures, taken on the phone and during a thunderstorm...!

Looking around the car it was quite evident that it had been resprayed at some point in its life with areas being quite chippy showing the Wicked Red colour underneath. Also the quality of the paint wasn't that nice either on the body or on the plastic parts that had been sprayed.

It was in the British Car Auctions sale this afternoon so I went along as it's not too far away, and if it was cheap enough might have yielded some parts for my C4 (I spotted the exhaust system in the auction online pictures...). Unfortunately the exhaust was just a universal backbox and the condition of the car was quite sub-standard. Suffice to say my valuation of the car went down and apparently it had been through last week and didn't sell either.

It had some sporty looking bucket seats and harnesses fitted too which I've not put in a C4 before, and it came with the originals too. Sitting in the car it was interesting just how low down you sat in the buckets!! Bonnet pins were used to secure the bonnet and looked like it had a CDA-type air filter fitted to it. Even when revved it didn't sound too throaty with that and the exhaust, though.

So it went through and got bid quite a high figure (IMO for the car and it's condition, and more than last week) and went to provisional, but on the Net - I would gather that the net bidder wouldn't have seen the car and although BCA provide descriptions etc it didn't say it had been colour changed (although you can see it has).

I won't put the price on here what is fetched provisionally, however combined with the fees it wasn't, IMO, a cheap car...

Dave_Retired.   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 10:12am

Member No: #1
Looks like someone has spent money devaluing a good car......
Citroening   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 10:43am
Someone's attempt at modifying their car but unfortunately with not a very good outcome.

The ideas were there, but to start with a better respray in Sport Red was needed to pull it off, and whenever I see that "Hoonigan" on the side I think of "Hooligan"...!
littlegaz   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 11:40am
Member No: #20216
Yes I saw it at the French car show at Donnington last year and in the FC magazine as you can see in the pic. I talked to the lad who owned it as well.

Citroening   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 01:37pm
Ah, interesting! I had a look around the forum and Google yesterday as I thought it must have been a "known" car but couldn't find anything.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member