or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Fakemobile VTS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
FakeConcern   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 02:57pm
Member No: #24127
Yesterday I got the news from the (other party's) insurance company that it's beyond economical repair & will be written off. They've offered me £1000 and I have to pay £137 if I want to keep it, leaving me just £863 to get it fixed. I'd already had a quote of between £1000 & £1500 to fix it locally.

I told them it's worth more than £1000 and they told me I'm welcome to do some research. The trouble is it has 178000 miles on the clock, but just had another cambelt & water pump all new suspension and is generally in good order.It also has a panoramic sunroof & full leather. There are none on sale at the moment with those options and none with such high mileage. As I can't find any similar cars for sale, how do I argue up the price?
ATKcreative, what did you pay for yours with leather & pan roof & how many miles?

wozza   
Mon Feb 22 2016, 03:55am

Member No: #2
Peter,

Point out that currently there are multiple cars all 1.6's not VTS spec cars on 160k that are currently selling for £2,000. See what they say to that. There are diesel VTS's on 120k going for £2k+ on ebay as well.

I'd say they need to double what they are offering realistically.

Might be worth asking someone else to value it as well. Independant of the insurance company. As it looks like they are trying to rip you off to me. Granted high miles, but it's not £1000 worth of car.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 FakeConcern (24 Feb 2016 : 13:12)
FakeConcern   
Mon Feb 22 2016, 09:15am
Thanks for your input, Tom. I have responded with the following and await their reply.

"I spoke to a representative of The Insurance Company on 20th February regarding my claim where I was told my car is to be written off. I was offered £1000 as the current market value. I do not accept this valuation and attach a small selection of documents that show my car was maintained meticulously and a number of links to advertisements for similar cars.
I can find no advertisements that exactly match my car, which despite the high mileage is in very good order and has a high specification including desirable extras such as full leather interior (standard VTS trim is half leather) and panoramic roof (standard VTS has steel roof). I could only find a link to one car with this specification, but lower mileage, advertised at £3000 See below
- Click Here -
The C4 Coupe below has similar mileage to mine, but is a lower model in the range and does not have any of the extras, but is priced at £1999
- Click Here -
The following C4 is a VTS like mine, has over 100000 miles, does not have the extras mine has and is advertised at £2275.
- Click Here -
I attach recent receipts for work completed on my car to show it was kept in very good order. These include a stainless steel exhaust with lifetime warrantee, new timing belt and water pump and complete set of new shock absorbers and coil springs. These comprise only a small part of the recent service history.
As can be seen from this, to replace my car with another of similar condition and specification would cost at least £2000."

andy2514   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 12:33pm
Member No: #35105
hi dude any update from insurance company
1 User said Thank You to andy2514 for this Post :
 FakeConcern (24 Feb 2016 : 13:11)
FakeConcern   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 01:11pm
andy2514 wrote ...

hi dude any update from insurance company

They said they'd look into it & phone back yesterday. I'm still waiting!
wozza   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 02:02pm

Member No: #2
Fingers crossed they come back with a better offer for you Peter.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 FakeConcern (24 Feb 2016 : 14:06)
FakeConcern   
Mon Feb 29 2016, 02:55pm
Ok I've accepted their revised offer of £1472.33. The 33p made all the difference!
I'm seriously thinking of getting it fixed as I like them so much & can't really think of anything I'd rather have.
andy2514   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 12:02pm
FakeConcern wrote ...

Ok I've accepted their revised offer of £1472.33. The 33p made all the difference!
I'm seriously thinking of getting it fixed as I like them so much & can't really think of anything I'd rather have.

Hi dude what did you do in the end?
FakeConcern   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 01:26pm
andy2514 wrote ...

FakeConcern wrote ...

Thanks for asking. I'm hoping to have mine repaired next week using any bits needed from this breaker I've just bought. It's diesel with the cylinder head in the boot! Shame to scrap it, but my need is greater than it's (so to speak!)

Biohead   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 01:56pm

Member No: #6049
It's a nice find that, saw it on facebook. You know you want to get the derv running
FakeConcern   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 02:11pm
Biohead wrote ...

It's a nice find that, saw it on facebook. You know you want to get the derv running

I know what you mean, but probably more cost effective to break it. Also if my body shop chap needs to he'll cut out the rear quarter for mine. Obviously the door will be missing too.

Another strange thing, I looked at the MOT history and it ran out in July 2014.
Biohead   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 02:34pm

Member No: #6049
Nah it's perfectly understandable why you want yours back. Gives you plenty of spare parts at least in case you find things during the repair! Sent you a PM about a few parts myself
andy2514   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 02:41pm
FakeConcern wrote ...

andy2514 wrote ...

FakeConcern wrote ...

Thanks for asking. I'm hoping to have mine repaired next week using any bits needed from this breaker I've just bought. It's diesel with the cylinder head in the boot! Shame to scrap it, but my need is greater than it's (so to speak!)

Happy day's dude. hope all goes well with the repair.
1 User said Thank You to andy2514 for this Post :
 FakeConcern (10 Mar 2016 : 15:40)
ATKCreative   
Tue Apr 12 2016, 07:43am
Member No: #42197
Hi,

Really sorry for the late reply. Been mega with work so not really had time for the car

I pai £2750 but mine had only done 50k. I think you went for the best option (more fun too).

For anyone wanting to do the same and or buy a vts... it seems a previous Owners club car is for sale on Gumtree. I tried to put this in the for sale bit as a matter of interest but couldn't.

- Click Here -

Also FakeConcern..... Im sure we might be able to help a little, where about are you as I might want to buy a few bits from your donor car?! (if you are interested of course)
1 User said Thank You to ATKCreative for this Post :
 FakeConcern (12 Apr 2016 : 11:42)
FakeConcern   
Tue Apr 12 2016, 11:25am
ATKCreative wrote ...

Hi,

Really sorry for the late reply. Been mega with work so not really had time for the car

I pai £2750 but mine had only done 50k. I think you went for the best option (more fun too).

For anyone wanting to do the same and or buy a vts... it seems a previous Owners club car is for sale on Gumtree. I tried to put this in the for sale bit as a matter of interest but couldn't.

- Click Here -

Also FakeConcern..... Im sure we might be able to help a little, where about are you as I might want to buy a few bits from your donor car?! (if you are interested of course)

Better late than never! Thanks for your reply anyway and I still love your VTS. I'm still waiting for mine to be finished, he's also replacing a wheel bearing, getting a new MOT and stripping the donor car for me so quite a lot to get done.
When I have the bits I'll let you know, I already have had people ask me for various bits from another forum!
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member