or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

My stealth C4 VTR........... take a look

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
curtis699909   
Wed May 15 2013, 03:57pm
Member No: #26533
this is just a thread to show you guys what ive done to my car since i got it back in august, so here it it and tell me what you think.

so heres what ive done:
its riding on coilovers about 70mm drop
got full catback long life exhaust (which is brilliant)
57i induction fed down to front fog
Dare rs alloys with slightly stretched tyres (17x8.5j all around)
rear spoiler
team heko wind deflectors
yellow fogs (not pictured)
25mm EI spacers all around

so what you think???
Commodore   
Wed May 15 2013, 07:00pm
Member No: #21107
Sorry - overall I don't like it.

for me, the rims don't suit the car, it's too low (looks like your suspension has failed) and blacking up plastic chrome seldom produces a good result.

However, the wind deflectors are always a good move and the new exhaust pipe does look very smart.

Not what you were hoping to hear, but sure it will appeal more to other users.
wozza   
Wed May 15 2013, 08:55pm

Member No: #2
Raise the front slightly and think it will look better. Rear looks about perfect with an even gap all round it.

Not a fan of the black on black wheels. Think if you went with something brighter they would look better oddly.

Also get some camber bolts! If you want that look you need camber bolts and shims.
riven1962   
Thu May 16 2013, 01:37am
Member No: #18905
I think for me its mainly the wheels, they just don't look quite right. The overall look, looks good, just not the wheels.
curtis699909   
Thu May 16 2013, 03:10am
Ohh god allot of negative feed back there
Don't see how it can be too low at the front though its level all round so wouldn't it look stupid riding along with the front end point to the sky ??
BigJohnD   
Thu May 16 2013, 03:15am

Member No: #82
Looks like you've removed as much chrome and brightwork from the car body as possible, then spoiled the effect by not continuing the theme on the wheels.
CamM   
Thu May 16 2013, 09:12am

Member No: #19249
curtis699909 wrote ...

Ohh god allot of negative feed back there

You don't ask for opinions without expecting to receive feedback either way. Good to see you're accepting it in good spirits

I think I posted previously that the wheels weren't to my personal tastes, but I don't mind the stealth concept you're going for. BigJohn makes a good point though in saying that you've de-chromed but haven't carried the theme (e.g. wheels, rear chevrons). Exhaust looks really good

It's fair to say that most of us on C4 Owners are somewhat set in our opinions of what looks good and what doesn't on a C4, but that doesn't mean we all have to share the same opinion. At the end of the day, it's your car and you should aim to give it a look that you really like and not be too fussed about what everyone else thinks. If you're enjoying it, then that's all the affirmation you need!

wozza   
Thu May 16 2013, 09:15am

When I say a slight lift, I mean a slight lift.

If you look at mine it has a similar arch gap front and back.

CamM's is another one to look at, his sits very slightly higher than mine I believe. Just not digging the tucked look up front while the rear has a bigger gap.
curtis699909   
Thu May 16 2013, 12:41pm
Yeahhhh I see what you mean I'll put a photo up on flat ground see if it looks any better it is on a slope in all the photos
Citroening   
Thu May 16 2013, 01:28pm
Member No: #24121
Following on from Cam's comments, wouldn't it be a boring place if we all liked the same things! I think it's pretty much widely agreed that C4s suit the mulitspoke alloys however it's good to be different.

I think it looks smart, it's different and you like it - which is the main thing! Not a lot of people said they liked the photoshop of the DS4/5 wheels on my C4 - I, though, think they look great and would love to put a set on it. - Click Here -

As with all modifications, they're down to personal taste. I think that the wheels appear smaller than they are due to the dish merging into the tyre being the same colour.
FakeConcern   
Thu May 16 2013, 03:53pm
Member No: #24127
Citroening wrote ...

Following on from Cam's comments, wouldn't it be a boring place if we all liked the same things! I think it's pretty much widely agreed that C4s suit the mulitspoke alloys however it's good to be different.

I think it looks smart, it's different and you like it - which is the main thing! Not a lot of people said they liked the photoshop of the DS4/5 wheels on my C4 - I, though, think they look great and would love to put a set on it. - Click Here -

As with all modifications, they're down to personal taste. I think that the wheels appear smaller than they are due to the dish merging into the tyre being the same colour.

I agree with this view by Citroening, I like some of the stuff you've done & some things I'm not so keen on, but in the end it's what you like that matters. I love that you have made the effort to make it like this & you have put up some photos for us to see. I think Wozza's comments about the height are very relevant as that is about improving your chosen look. Keep us up to date however you change it in future.
wozza   
Thu May 16 2013, 05:19pm

I think on the flat it might not be as bad. Just with the rear not tucked the front doesn't look like when it is tucked.

Stance is all about getting it mm perfect and judging by spacers etc. That is the look you are trying to get it to. Hence me also saying camber. Tucked, virtually flush with some camber to get it clear looks great. Love to see a C4 done that way. Always wanted to do it myself but it would have ruined the handling and I valued being able to hit corners at maximum attack more.
curtis699909   
Fri May 17 2013, 02:51am
Yeahhhhhh see what you mean bin looking at it today and either the front needs to be high or the back needs to go lower although I want that look having camber bolts would screw my tyre wear so don't think I would want to do that. What you think to ditching the all black and giving it chrome chevrons back and getting some chrome wing mirrors ??
wozza   
Fri May 17 2013, 03:30am

Polish the wheels too! If you can make them mirror shiny. Takes some serious effort but would be well worth it with the chrome.
FrankBullitt   
Fri May 17 2013, 04:24am

Member No: #19238
Stretched tyres, another 'modification' we have to thank Dubbers for...

I like some of the work, but the tyres and wheels mean you should rename it from 'Stealth' to 'Tractor', the style, colour and stretching do the car no favours!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member