or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Where can I buy C4GP Rear Spring parts?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jun 22 2013, 09:00am

Member No: #1
BillW wrote ...

.........Some suppliers list a different spring for a GP with panoramic sunroof, others just list the one. I don't have the sunroof, so which ones should I go for? I suspect the springs will be stiffer for the sunroof version as the body may not be as rigid.

Depends on what ride quality you want, I would go for the Pano roof ones if the car is usually fairly loaded i.e. 4+ up otherwise just go for the normal ones
paultim374   
Fri Jul 05 2013, 06:02am
Member No: #31524
TBH I'm not really bothered if I have air suspension or not, I bought the Exclusive model because of the other extras, the suspension wasn't really a consideration, I'm happy to covert to springs safe in the knowledge that I haven't get costly air bags that could fail at any time.
helenjasonjason   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 05:24pm
Member No: #31887
Hi,

My 07 C4 Picasso Exclusive 1.6 Diesel (not GP) has started intermittently lowering its rear suspension overnight and I have been quoted £171 per airbag (part only and not sure if this includes VAT - although there is a back order). Anyway, probably going to go down the conversion to springs route. However, not knowing to much about this sort of thing (apart from reading on here) can anyone tell me if the Rebound block and Bottom Retainer (as pictured on the 1st page) - are the same part numbers for the Picasso and GP? Also, does anyone have a link or item number for the springs on Ebay - I have looked and there are so many different ones I'm not sure which are the correct ones. Thanks in advance.
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 01:54am

Suspension is the same on the 5 or 7 seat
helenjasonjason   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 04:20am
C6 Dave wrote ...

Suspension is the same on the 5 or 7 seat

Thanks - guess that is the Rebound parts etc but what about the springs? Different models (C4 Picasso C4GP) and different engine sizes are listed so I am presuming there are differences in the spring sizes? Not sure which ones I need. You can probably tell I don't know much about cars!
BillW   
Mon Aug 05 2013, 05:40pm
Member No: #28155
Hi,
Finally got round to converting the rear springs. What a difference! The car feels more solid, a lot of the bounce and roll has been eliminated. Can go over speedbumps without feeling seasick. Pulls away from the lights faster, used to sit back then lurch forward now it just goes.

On the negative side the springs can be a pain to fit, had to compress them a fair way to get them in. Could only jack one side at a time so not sure if axle drops further with both wheels off the ground. Also the ride height is quite high, a big gap between the top of the wheel and the arch.

I went for Monroe springs, chose the "normal" version (as opposed to the "sunroof" version).

Once I'm satisfied with the new setup I'll get the warning message disabled.
1 User said Thank You to BillW for this Post :
 BigJohnD (05 Aug 2013 : 17:46)
helenjasonjason   
Tue Sep 03 2013, 12:30pm
Hi,

Following from my earlier post I have now converted to springs and all is well apart from the "suspension faulty" warning that comes up and the service light staying on (as expected). I was wondering if anyone had any problems getting the Dealer to re programme the chip? I read in a different thread that the ecu needs to be removed from under the seat? Does this need to be done and which seat is it under (I don't want to pay the dealer to remove the fault for it to appear again) as I don't want to remove the wrong thing.

Thanks.
BigJohnD   
Tue Sep 03 2013, 12:36pm

Member No: #82
I don't think anything needs to be removed - it just needs to be switched off/de-activated.
helenjasonjason   
Thu Sep 05 2013, 07:58am
BigJohnD wrote ...

I don't think anything needs to be removed - it just needs to be switched off/de-activated.

Is that different to where the machine gets plugged in and they then reprogramme the ECU? Or can the bit under the seat be manually switched off (or is this the same ECU unit that controls the whole electrics of the car?)
By the by quotes for the reprogramming are ranging from £75 to £150 and an estimated time of between 30 minutes to 2 hours!
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Sep 05 2013, 08:37am

helenjasonjason wrote ...

Is that different to where the machine gets plugged in and they then reprogramme the ECU? Or can the bit under the seat be manually switched off (or is this the same ECU unit that controls the whole electrics of the car?)

No, No and Yes

The car does need hooking up to 'Lexia' to disable the pneumatic suspension system
helenjasonjason   
Fri Sep 06 2013, 01:34pm
C6 Dave wrote ...

Is that different to where the machine gets plugged in and they then re programme the ECU? Or can the bit under the seat be manually switched off (or is this the same ECU unit that controls the whole electrics of the car?)

No, No and Yes

The car does need hooking up to 'Lexia' to disable the pneumatic suspension system

I have found an Air Suspension ECU which someone has removed from their car when they converted to Springs so I was wondering if you first "No" is correct? Can put a link on but sure if allowed?
BigJohnD   
Fri Sep 06 2013, 05:23pm

Member No: #82

BigJohnD wrote ...

By the by quotes for the reprogramming are ranging from £75 to £150 and an estimated time of between 30 minutes to 2 hours!

It shouldn't more than a few minutes for a skilled technician to hook up Lexia and change the setting from pneumatic to coil spring suspension.

The charge is likely to be the minimum, usually half an hour's time
helenjasonjason   
Sun Sep 08 2013, 05:39pm
Quick update as it's late. Have found the Air Suspension ECU which is under the carpet at the back of the passengers seat. There are also two connectors (not sure that the right terminology) which need to be removed to disable the unit (I will try and add pictures tomorrow if I can figure out how!)

Apparently there are also two fuses which need to be removed - one I have found in the manual which is F10 "height corrector (suspension)" in the "fuses under the dashboard" but I'm not sure where the other fuse is.

I am presuming that as there are two connectors there must be two fuses? (and someone mentioned about removing two fuses).

If anyone can help that would be great (I believe you need to do these extra steps so that when it goes to the Dealer to remove the warning fault it is done first time otherwise there will be delays and hence an extra charge).
wa822   
Mon Sep 09 2013, 03:36pm
Member No: #11198
Mucking with the Air Suspension ECU won't help.
At the moment the car's main ECU talks to the Air Suspension ECU. The Air Suspension ECU replies "my system's broken". The main ECU generates a warning message.
The main ECU needs to be re-programmed with the Lexia so that thinks the car has springs, and not try to talk to a Air Suspension ECU.

2 User said Thank You to wa822 for this Post :
 BigJohnD (09 Sep 2013 : 16:11) , smarius (16 Oct 2013 : 14:28)
helenjasonjason   
Mon Sep 09 2013, 05:05pm
wa822 wrote ...

Mucking with the Air Suspension ECU won't help.
At the moment the car's main ECU talks to the Air Suspension ECU. The Air Suspension ECU replies "my system's broken". The main ECU generates a warning message.
The main ECU needs to be re-programmed with the Lexia so that thinks the car has springs, and not try to talk to a Air Suspension ECU.

Ok thanks - it sounds like it doesn't matter if the Air Suspension ECU is disconnected or not then.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member