or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Where can I buy C4GP Rear Spring parts?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Tue Apr 23 2013, 11:08am

Member No: #82
Actually it could well be a selling point as any discerning buyer of an Exclusive will check the pneumatic suspension, knowing it's a weakness.
Wifheld   
Tue Apr 23 2013, 12:47pm
Member No: #30383
Does anyone have any experience of asking a main dealer to use Lexia to decomission the pneumatic suspension to avoid the fault codes, are they happy to do it?
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Apr 23 2013, 12:55pm

Member No: #1
Did you actualy read this post - Click Here - before making your comments?
Wifheld   
Tue Apr 23 2013, 01:37pm
Member No: #30383
Ah ok. So this has come out since i made my comment earlier, I see there's a few different threads for this. Wonder if the dealers check Facebook on a regular basis?? We probably know more than them. I wonder what they'll be charging for them this time.
looxuser   
Wed Apr 24 2013, 09:36am
Member No: #30245
This is an unnacceptable situation in my view; I have the same problem but have got a conversion kit coming (not my preference but can't afford the car sat on drive) Spoke to my dealership and they said they had 6 sets on back order. I wonder how many over the country and Europe are in the same position without answers,

This position must have arrisen on vehicles before and a Group of people taken leagl action to force a response, at least raise it with [%*^#@!]. Thoughts anybody?
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Apr 24 2013, 09:57am

Citroen UK wrote ...
Any customer who needs advice on their order for these parts can call us on 0844 463 3500 and we’ll do our best to help.

Why not simply call them?
looxuser   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 09:20am
Member No: #30245
I have Dave, they could give no answers as to when and said they had x6 customers already on back order. My point was really about them acknowledging a problem and providing a free of charge replacement, clearly within reason, say the vehicle has done under 90k miles.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 12:04pm

Citroen will offer assistance - Suspension airbags - 4 years / 93,000 miles - Partial

You can't expect an open ended commitment on a 'wear and tear' item
CamM   
Sat Apr 27 2013, 12:05am

Member No: #19249
C6 Dave wrote ...

You can't expect an open ended commitment on a 'wear and tear' item

Just because their are known weaknesses with this item, doesn't guarantee that a failure is a direct result of said weakness. Each case would need to be judged on its merit.
catnamedog   
Sun May 12 2013, 06:16am
Member No: #19170
Hi
In recent months I've noticed that the rear suspension on my Exclusive is down when I return to it after a couple of hours. Remotely unlocking the car makes the compressor kick in, but sometimes, if I just jump in and drive away, I get the "low suspension" warning, advising me to not go above 5mph. It quickly rights itself, and the suspension comes up to its normal height. Is this normal, or do I have the start of a problem?
Dave_Retired.   
Sun May 12 2013, 07:37am

Start of a problem by the sound of things.
C4 GP Exclusive   
Mon May 20 2013, 04:14pm

Member No: #165
Bear in mind if you do modify your car from the standard spec you'll have to inform your insurers (and most likely pay a premium for doing so). Failing to do so may invalidate your claim if you ever have one.
ivair   
Tue Jun 11 2013, 11:18am
Member No: #16226
After a lot of thinking decide to convert my Exclusive 2.0 to standard springs. Just when ordering KYB springs from Ebay not sure which one is the right one. Anyone can help? Thanks guys
BillW   
Sat Jun 22 2013, 07:01am
Member No: #28155
Hi,
It took me a while to find this thread. I had a mental block and only looked in the faults section of the forum. Thanks to all for putting the info we need to carry out the conversion. I managed to get the cup & rebound block from my local dealer (had to lie about why I wanted the parts, they don't want us to convert them). I am a bit unsure which springs to go for. Some suppliers list a different spring for a GP with panoramic sunroof, others just list the one. I don't have the sunroof, so which ones should I go for? I suspect the springs will be stiffer for the sunroof version as the body may not be as rigid.
routemaster1   
Sat Jun 22 2013, 07:43am
Member No: #574
BillW wrote ...

Some suppliers list a different spring for a GP with panoramic sunroof, others just list the one.

I take it that this refers to the panoramic roof that, according to a dealer in Scotland, doesn't exist (would have used a smiley emoticon, but for some reason it won't work.)

[Admin edit: Yes, it does! ]
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member