or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

CamM's VTS180

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CamM   
Fri Mar 22 2013, 07:26am

Member No: #19249
wozza wrote ...

That's crazy! They are actually cheaper in a 225/40/18 over here.

Unfortunately, pricing in Australia doesn't always make a lot of sense.

The bloke at the tyre shop was saying that where the RRP of the PS3's in that size is $469 (regardless of the reason), he sells the same size in a Dunlop Sport SP Maxx for about $225ea. For the average consumer, the choice is a "no brainer". As such, they don't sell many PS3's in that size and they're a special order from Michelin Australia.

Tried to get another tyre store to better the price. On hearing the price I'd been offered, the response was along the lines of "...[%*^#@!] me!! That's..... [%*^#@!]..... mate..... if that's genuine..... if they're not short dated..... I don't want to lose a sale, but if you can get them for that price - and it's legit - take it and run!" He claimed that their buy price was closer to the $350 mark and could therefore get nowhere near the sell price I was being offered!
CamM   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 01:38am

SuperT's installed today!

First pics... (car is filthy after a track day yesterday)

wozza   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 02:45am

Member No: #2
Looks good mate, liking the fact they aren't as bright as the stock Resolfens. The darker silver works better in my opinion.

18's look so much better than the 17's which always looked a little small in the huge arches on the C4.

How was the track day? Also any more plans now? I am going to end up with some massive bills for mine soon. Even if the engine is sorted, it still needs two new tyres and a set of front brake pads.
Citroening   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 03:04am
Member No: #24121
That looks fantastic! What a good looking car...!

Now, I think it's time I fired photoshop up to see what these would look like on the Loeb... Same colour as the original wheels, I reckon they might look smart...
CamM   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 03:25am

Cheers guys.

Track day was really good. I posted about it in the "What's everyone up to 2013" thread but it looks like you've spotted that now.

Still thinking of a remap and exhaust, but probably won't be doing anything for a while as new brakes, new wheels, new tyres and upcoming registration are setting me back a small fortune!
wozza   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 03:42am

On the plus side, least you might not need a new engine.

Ah well, will find out once the tow company finally get's the paperwork to me. At the moment my car is sat at the dealers and due to lack of paper work on the towing companies behalf it's not been looked at yet.

Warranty company won't authorise anything until they get the report from the towing company. Can't even give me a courtesy car which is rather annoying as my 30 minute morning commute is now 3 hours on public transport. Having to get up at 5:30am to get there for 9:20...not my idea of fun.
CamM   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 03:59am

True. Fingers crossed it all works out for you mate...
BigJohnD   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 04:10am

Member No: #82
CamM wrote ...

(car is filthy after a track day yesterday)

Got to . You should see the state of mine after 250 miles into deepest Yorkshire - covered in all sorts after going through spray, snow, ice, grit, mud and filth! Up near Holmfirth, the drifting snow was higher than the car in places and two Pennines passes still closed.

When it warms up a bit I'll wash it as it's still only just above freezing!
FakeConcern   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 01:25pm
Member No: #24127
That looks fantastic, you made the right choice! Also i think you might have upstaged Wozza before he could do his video in a tunnel as I just watched your track session with the sound on & I can't believe it would sound better than that.
When on track do you turn off the esp/traction control?
Also did you join Frenchuk?
Biohead   
Wed Mar 27 2013, 03:07pm

Member No: #6049
I think the Australian backdrop suits the VTS much better than the British one!!!

Those wheels really do pair well with the car.
CamM   
Thu Mar 28 2013, 07:13am

FakeConcern wrote ...

That looks fantastic, you made the right choice! Also i think you might have upstaged Wozza before he could do his video in a tunnel as I just watched your track session with the sound on & I can't believe it would sound better than that.
When on track do you turn off the esp/traction control?
Also did you join Frenchuk?

Thanks mate Trust me when I say it sounds way better in a tunnel!!

Simple answer re: switching off ESP? Yes.

So far, I've only taken the car on track twice - once last October and then the one a couple of days ago. I kept ESP on whilst I familiarised myself with the track(s). During that time, ESP would typically have no reason to engage. As I became more confident and began to attack the laps more aggressively, ESP would start to engage and I could better understand where the car was getting loose. Once I felt comfortable enough, I switched off ESP and started pushing harder.

Just joined FrenchUK this evening, but haven't posted anything on there.

Biohead wrote ...

I think the Australian backdrop suits the VTS much better than the British one!!!

Those wheels really do pair well with the car.

Cheers! I'm in country NSW at the moment so will hopefully get the chance to take a few more shots against some great Aussie country backdrops!
Rich_Eason   
Thu Mar 28 2013, 09:21am

Member No: #90
My god... sunshine.
Ham   
Fri Apr 19 2013, 03:10pm

Member No: #69
Looks nice Cam, glad you've sorted some new wheels!
1 User said Thank You to Ham for this Post :
 CamM (19 Apr 2013 : 19:47)
CamM   
Thu May 02 2013, 06:26am

Well, the next mod is confirmed. My VTS is set to become the very first Viezu tuned C4 in Australia!

I'll be getting a bespoke "vRace" (i.e. max performance) tune done up and the car will be dyno'd. Will be interested to see the before and after results as I've really got no idea what sort of numbers it's pushing out in its current setup.

Just need to sort out a date now...
wozza   
Thu May 02 2013, 12:38pm

Get the exhaust done first :-P
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member