or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Citroën Ezi-DAB / AutoDAB Offer

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Tue Mar 19 2013, 08:06am

Member No: #82
Does an one know more about this offer from Citroën? - Click Here -

It looks like an Alpine Ezi- DAB: - Click Here -

And there's Auto- DAB which looks like this Connects2 item: - Click Here -

I'm interested, but not quite sure what's what. I know from past experience a good aerial is needed.
Commodore   
Tue Mar 19 2013, 08:06pm
Member No: #21107
Hi John

Both Peugeot and Citroen are now selling the Ezi- DAB as a way to address the lack of a DAB head unit in their ranges. Peugeot included it on the recent 208 GTI Limited Edition.

It is indeed a rebadge of the Alpine Ezi- DAB, which itself is a rebadge of the Pure Highway 300DI: - Click Here -

The Pure branded version is the cheapest way of buying it, and has the advantage that it comes with a really decent aerial: - Click Here -

Very easy to fit. I fitted one for a mate in his ZTT just before Christmas, did it in less than 25 mins and didn't even need to splice any wires or take a 12v tap from the fuse box.

The AutoDAB is indeed the Connects2 one. It's the neater solution, but I am very wary of it after various posts on this forum about reliability issues and it interfering with Medium Wave reception on the RD4.

The Pure/ Alpine Unit also has the benefit of adding headunit-independent iPhone/iPod support, a USB port and a 3.5mm analog aux line in.

On the C4, it is best to fit the aerial close to the centre of the windscreen, so you can take advantage of the uncoated section of glass by the rear view mirror. This will maximise the signal transfer through the glass from the aerial to the receiver unit.

If you don't have a heat-reflective screen, then it can go anywhere.
BigJohnD   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 03:28am

Thanks for that, Chris.

I did try an early Pure which basically converts the DAB signal to an FM one and wasn't impressed. I ended up installing a dedicated DAB HU in the end which was OK.

I don't need all the BT, USB, &c. - they're already fitted to the RD5, so the Connects2/Auto- DAB would be the preferred choice. It does look fairly easy to fit and would be hidden, though I'd need to check it out further as it says " Blaupunkt/Siemens-VDO RD4 Head Unit". And also your comment about interfering with AM - though I only listen to Radio 5 on AM and if the DAB works, then that wouldn't be an issue for me.
BigJohnD   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 08:52am

I've emailed Connects2. Their CTDAB-CT1 is not for the latest RD5, but should be fine with an RD4.

Sent: 20 March 2013 08:32
To: e mail icon
Subject: Connects 2 "CTDAB-CT1 - AutoDab CITROEN Interface"

Hello Connects2,

I’m interested in the Connects 2 “CTDAB-CT1 - AutoDab CITROEN Interface”.
I have the current model of Citroen C4 (2011) with an RD5 head unit.
Your spec only lists the RD4 – will this DAB interface fit?

Cheers, John.
Hi John,

I'm afraid you wouldn’t be able to use the CTDAB-CT1 it would be a case of using a CTDAB-2 which does have to be operated by a hand held remote.

Best regards,
Stuart Jones
Commodore   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 11:54am
Unfortunate, but given the reliability issues with the AutoDAB (let alone the AM reception bug) it is probably best avoided.

Has anyone come up with a fascia replacement for the Mk2 C4 yet? Wondering how practical it is to dump the RD5 in favour of an aftermarket DAB headunit. I realise that removing the RD5 is far more invasive than the RD4 was, as it's part of a much bigger console panel.

If not, then the Pure/ Alpine is going to be your best bet - just make sure you get the Pure 5v external glass mount aerial or similar.
BigJohnD   
Wed Mar 20 2013, 12:05pm

Yes, a suitable fascia for a replacement HU would solve everything - with a bit of luck my Sony DAB (or more likely a newer DAB/Bluetooth/iPod ready HU) will slot straight it. - Click Here -
Paperhouse   
Mon Apr 08 2013, 01:21pm
Member No: #14691
Commodore wrote ...

Unfortunate, but given the reliability issues with the AutoDAB (let alone the AM reception bug) it is probably best avoided.

Has anyone come up with a fascia replacement for the Mk2 C4 yet? Wondering

Very pleased with my AutoDAB.

What is the AM reception bug to which you refer?
Commodore   
Mon Apr 08 2013, 02:55pm
Paperhouse wrote ...

Please see your own thread from last year, in which you posted about the bug you experienced on your own kit??? - Click Here -

Have subsequently read numerous posts on car audio forums, Peugeot forums and VW forums recounting the exact same glitch on AutoDAB systems in other cars (not just mated to an RD4), suggesting it wasn't just an isolated problem with your unit.
Paperhouse   
Mon Apr 08 2013, 04:18pm
Member No: #14691
Commodore wrote ...

Paperhouse wrote ...

Please see your own thread from last year, in which you posted about the bug you experienced on your own kit??? - Click Here -

Have subsequently read numerous posts on car audio forums, Peugeot forums and VW forums recounting the exact same glitch on AutoDAB systems in other cars (not just mated to an RD4), suggesting it wasn't just an isolated problem with your unit.

But easily resolved by fitting a module which Connects2 provided free of charge. They intended to update the AutoDab accordingly and hopefully this has now happened.
John_S   
Sun Apr 21 2013, 03:00pm
Member No: #30370
Hi..We have just taken delivery of a new C4 1.6eHdi EGS6 VTR+.
We asked the saleman about this DAB offer and he didn't know anything about it so we just dropped any thoughts of it.
However we were delighted to find while driving home that the car does infact have DAB built-in to the head unit.
There is mention of DAB in the handbook but nothing in the sales spec.
All we did to access it was press the "band" button a couple of times until the DAB symbol came up in the display, then a long press on the "list" button and the unit searched for all available stations which are the displayed.
Hope this info is useful
2 User said Thank You to John_S for this Post :
 BigJohnD (21 Apr 2013 : 15:47) , Dave_Retired. (22 Apr 2013 : 01:00)
BigJohnD   
Sun Apr 21 2013, 03:48pm

Any chance of a photo?
Commodore   
Sun Apr 21 2013, 03:58pm
Really would like to see this. Please post pics John_S.

Thanks
Chris
John_S   
Mon Apr 22 2013, 02:39am
Member No: #30370
Sure thing....will have to wait until wife brings the car back home tonight.
DoomWolf   
Mon Apr 22 2013, 06:56am
Member No: #1718
I was also surprised to find DAB on my new DS4 that I picked up on Saturday. From doing some Googling it appears that Citroen added it as standard on cars built beginning from last month.

I had no idea it was there until I was cycling through the radio bands and noticed it displayed the song and artist of what was being played at the time. Then I noticed the DAB icon and when I pressed the list button the available DAB stations were displayed. I was disappointed that they'd removed the eTouch emergency assistance system from the DStyle models, but this more than makes up for it.
BigJohnD   
Tue Apr 23 2013, 02:25am

I'm also interested in the aerial, which will be different from the traditional FM/AM.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member