or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

I want to fit an after market stereo to my C4

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Compactpete   
Thu Mar 21 2013, 04:04am
Member No: #29115
I've just fitted a JVC unit to my C4GP, initially I used the autoleads connectors but tried two of them and they didn't work. Bought a connects2 set and all worked, and still is working perfectly.
craig211   
Thu Mar 21 2013, 12:40pm
Member No: #19535
I have the connects2 iPod connector and I think it's fantastic! I use an iPod video 80gb and all the music just sits in there to be used whenever. Took a bit of manoeuvring to get the little box to sit in behind radio and it eventually fell down the back and underneath the radio

I have my lead popping out of the centre console although still need to get the box in my centre console to replace the cd changer it's just a hole just now not very practicle lmao. Anyone know the part number for this by any chance?
Mellage   
Sat Apr 06 2013, 01:55pm
Member No: #30048
Compactpete wrote ...

I've just fitted a JVC unit to my C4GP, initially I used the autoleads connectors but tried two of them and they didn't work. Bought a connects2 set and all worked, and still is working perfectly.

Hi,

Went to a car audio centre today, paid for the head unit ( JVC KD-SD80BT) and installation (including all requisite connectors, so I've been told) and after 4 hours was told that they're unable to fit the unit to my car ('08 C4GP Exclusive) because it will not connect to or even bypass the factory fitted amplifier.

If you managed to fit your JVC, I'd be grateful if you can share some details (specifically which parts you used).

Incidentally, if the after market head unit has a removable fascia, will the flap then close?

Thanks guys. Also, thanks to Wozza for the excellent FAQ 199 - this was so useful - especially during today.

Mel.
BigJohnD   
Sat Apr 06 2013, 02:18pm

Member No: #82
Generally speaking, the flap won't fully close when an aftermaket HU is fitted in a C4 Pic.

I'm not sure about the additional amp you have fitted, but at a guess it's the optional JBL. Does your RD4 HU have a JBL logo on its fascia?
Mellage   
Sat Apr 06 2013, 02:55pm
No logos that I can see on the fascia or on the HU as a whole - this is just the standard RD4 CD/Radio/MP3 device.
BigJohnD   
Sat Apr 06 2013, 03:45pm

Member No: #82
I'm struggling with the comment "it will not connect to or even bypass the factory fitted amplifier." What amplifier?

If you have the regular RD4, the JVC plus aerial adapter, Connects2 harness and patch lead should be a straight swap, and retain the steering wheel controls.

Or has a previous owner added something?
Mellage   
Sat Apr 06 2013, 05:55pm
Thanks BigJohn.

Will contact the dealer and ask if anything was added by previous owner.

I must admit that I didn't press the fitters for a reason as to why they could not get the unit to work - all they said was that they were having problems getting the unit to work with the car's amp. I asked if there's a workaround for this, but was told they'd have to get in touch with Citroen just to be sure.

I'd be interested to see how CompactPete installed his JVC HU to his C4GP, and I might just take the plunge and have a go myself.

Mellage   
Fri Apr 12 2013, 11:55am
Dealer says no changes were made from original factory setup.

So I decided to have a go myself. Got myself a JVC KD-SD80BT head unit, a Connects2 adapter (CTHCT01 - one of those all-in-one kits), aerial connector and JVC patch lead (CTJVC2LEAD).

The backs of the new and old head units are different, so this caused me a bit of confusion, especially the RCA connectors at the back (the top one is the old Siemens RD4, and the bottom is the new JVC head unit)

There are only 3 connectors that I can see coming out of the car: 2 FAKRA and the harness.

I managed to connect all of them, but am stumped as to where to put the JVC patch lead: there's no where to connect it to on the head unit! I decided that this will likely just remove the steering remote capability, so will worry about it later on.

Power comes on, but I'm not getting any sound.

Am I doing something wrong?

Help!!!
Mellage   
Sat Apr 13 2013, 08:47am
Just returned from Car Audio Security in Middlesex, who have had a better look at the car. So, after having a good look, they tell me that it's not a straightforward fit with any head unit except the current RD4. This is because the car is apparently fitted with a Philips NXT sound system and possibly a JBL amplifier (the latter they will not know until the car is part-gutted, which I'm not prepared to have done at this early stage).

A closer look at the quadlock connector shows a harness that has no extra function (because the RD4, stalk control and screen display all work with it disconnected. Secondly, we can only see 4 of the front speakers connected to the quadlock, leaving the rear 4 speakers connected elsewhere.

So for now, this is a no-go and the guys at Car Audio Security have given me a refund.

Any have any ideas?

Thanks
DadAndDog   
Mon Jan 02 2017, 07:46am
Member No: #44499
Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but did you ever get anywhere with this? I think I have the same issue, and nobody seems to know what to do with it!
Sid85   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 07:08pm
Member No: #56481
Hello. I have C4 Picasso 2016 MK2 but don't have sat nav and apple car play etc in my car. I was thinking to buy a head unit of same car off eBay which has sat nav n car play etc. It would be a genuine part of course but would it work with my C4 and if it does what other parts do I need to make it work e.g looms, wirings, adapters etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
gittos   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 11:21pm
Member No: #30055
A couple of people have done it.....may be expensive though.

This may help... - Click Here -
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member