or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CamM   
Wed Mar 06 2013, 09:13am

Member No: #19249
I'm in the market for new tyres to replace my current set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. I've been really happy with them, but I'm also open to other options given that a set of PS3's here in Australia will likely set me back somewhere in the vicinity of AUD $1200-1300!

It's been suggested I should look at Michelin Pilot Super Sports. They appear to have excellent reviews and I've confirmed they can be purchased and landed on my doorstep from TireRack (USA) for about the same price as the PS3's.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these before?
Commodore   
Wed Mar 06 2013, 10:44am
Member No: #21107
Not first hand, but my sister has Michelin Pilot Super Sports on her Mini - and hates them. Extremely noisy and rubbish in the wet according to her (and she's a trained ex-Police driver)!

Can you get the Barum Bravuris 2 tyres where you are?
1 User said Thank You to Commodore for this Post :
 CamM (07 Mar 2013 : 07:14)
wozza   
Wed Mar 06 2013, 12:08pm

Member No: #2
Barums aren't going to match up to the PS3. They might match up to a lower Michelin but not the PS3. Going from various reviews I have seen. Plus driven the PS3's and they are a very good tyre.

The super sports are good, not really meant for a mini and they aren't meant to be great in the wet either. They are standard fit on M BMW, Ferraris and the like. They are great in the dry but they will need to get a bit of heat in them to do their best.

They are after all made for the ultra high performance Supercars market really.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 CamM (07 Mar 2013 : 07:14)
CamM   
Thu Mar 07 2013, 07:13am

Commodore wrote ...

Can you get the Barum Bravuris 2 tyres where you are?

Don't think so Chris, the brand is not sold in Australia (as far as I'm aware).

wozza wrote ...

...Plus driven the PS3's and they are a very good tyre.

Bought my current set of PS3's (partially) on your glowing recommendation of them.

As mentioned in my original post, I've been really happy with the PS3's. Just weighing up all the options. Appreciate the feedback guys
wozza   
Thu Mar 07 2013, 10:02am

Member No: #2
Need two new tyres myself, fronts are down to around 2.5mm now. So going to be ordering two new PS3's and putting them on the back shift the rears to the front.

Rear's still look virtually new.

Also got to get myself a new set of front pads for my brakes. Just been looking at £220 for new pads for my Tarox callipers on the net...lets see how much I can get discount when I visit them. Need new retention plate and bolts as well anyway as the bolts holding the pads looking rather rusty.
CamM   
Fri Mar 08 2013, 05:28am

Feel your pain on brakes plus tyres. I'm up for replacement discs and pads all around plus 4 new tyres to ensure I pass vehicle rego without issue.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member