or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Loeb

My Black Facelift Loeb.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Citroening   
Sun Feb 03 2013, 11:32am
Member No: #24121
Even more shiny now...!

I've been meaning to try out some Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax for a while now, and I only got around to trying some this morning. I only had time to do the bonnet and front wings however I was impressed with the results...

While I'm here, some proper pics...

I look forward to doing the whole car with it, and should be very good indeed. I must admit though that I will be on the look out for a product specifically for black cars to get best results, I'll have to do some research.

[Admin edit: Images re-sized in accordance with forum rules]
FakeConcern   
Sun Feb 03 2013, 12:53pm
Member No: #24127
It always looks nice and shiny! Does the new wax look any different to the rest of it?
Like the "arty" pictures as well!
Citroening   
Sun Feb 03 2013, 01:48pm
Thanks!

When I first did the wings I was very surprised at the difference in look , and feel, of the paintwork to the bonnet. Definitely impressive!

FakeConcern   
Sun Feb 24 2013, 04:56am
I see you have the last picture in the Car of the Month entry on FrenchUK. If a few people on here that are also on FUK(!) voted for it we could see a C4 as winner for 3 months running (Gazza, Steeble then you!) I know that Jon M & Gazza have entered DS3s this month, but as they can't vote for their own cars....

Edit, I should also have said, it's a great picture of a great car.
Citroening   
Sun Feb 24 2013, 08:45am
Well spotted and that could possibly be a good plan!

I'm not hugely fussed however three months in a row for C4s would be quite good...!
FakeConcern   
Mon Feb 25 2013, 02:17pm
Winning by 1 vote at the moment. Anyone else?
Citroening   
Mon Feb 25 2013, 02:47pm
Well spotted...! Thanks to those that have voted! - Click Here -

I haven't updated this thread in a little while, however as per usual the C4 is going fine. A few weeks ago I did have some dark thoughts about what to replace it with due to the insurance being up April-time. However, thinking about it I just cannot think of anything else that offers the same package this car does. Also, every time I drive it I must admit that I think how much I like it and how I would certainly regret it.

Obviously it is not in the same league as you VTS boys however for the VTi 120 I am impressed. Having owned and driven it for around four months now I really know the car which I think is important. This new PSA/BMW engine really is a joy and I couldn't recommend it enough over the earlier TU engine.

I still find the amount of positive comments towards it unbelievable. I gave a mate a lift the other day and he kept going on about the steering wheel! I can see it staying for a good while indeed!

Regarding the wax mentioned above, since then I have been around the entire car after using Meguiars Wash and Wax and I was amazed at the results. Must admit that I've never seen it so good, and really does remind my why Black is my favourite colour of this sort of stuff.

Unfortunately it picked up the dust and a bit of dirt during the week but a Meguiars Wash and Wax got it looking back to it's near-same state.

As some of you may have seen on FakeConcern's thread regarding exhausts, I have been putting feelers out towards a Standard Replacement exhaust for it. I'm edging towards a twin exit tailpipe design however it is not the right time at the moment. That reminds me that the warranty runs out next month and it's first MOT is due too. Being able to book a month in advance, it is booked in for this Saturday... All will be fine, I am sure...
Billbo1088   
Mon Feb 25 2013, 04:05pm
Member No: #28208
Looking good, really need to get mine cleaned and detailed abit once the weather picks up.
cooter   
Tue Feb 26 2013, 05:23am
Member No: #25579
FakeConcern wrote ...

I see you have the last picture in the Car of the Month entry on FrenchUK.

Have use got a link to this?
FakeConcern   
Tue Feb 26 2013, 09:39am
cooter wrote ...

FakeConcern wrote ...

I see you have the last picture in the Car of the Month entry on FrenchUK.

Have use got a link to this?

Still in front today! - Click Here -
Citroening   
Sun Mar 03 2013, 11:09am
Well firstly thanks to all that voted for the French UK Car Of The Month voting competition. It seems that the C4 did infact get the most votes which means that for three months running it has been C4s!

In other news, the C4 was booked in for it's first MOT yesterday morning, and I'm pleased to report that it sailed through. Not a single advisory either, which I was very happy about! I also had a good look underneath while it was on the ramp and I must say that it does look good underneath, dare I say it, as new! I know it's now nearly 3 years old, but very clean...

The tax ran out at the end of February so I treated it to 12 months too...

All in all, very happy! Just finished giving it a Meguiars Wash and Wax and it's looking smart again...
FakeConcern   
Sun Mar 03 2013, 12:15pm
Citroening wrote ...

Well firstly thanks to all that voted for the French UK Car Of The Month voting competition. It seems that the C4 did infact get the most votes which means that for three months running it has been C4s!

Excellent! Well deserved too. We should get Wozza to enter next Month & make it 4 in a row!

Citroening wrote ...

In other news, the C4 was booked in for it's first MOT yesterday morning, and I'm pleased to report that it sailed through. Not a single advisory either, which I was very happy about! I also had a good look underneath while it was on the ramp and I must say that it does look good underneath, dare I say it, as new! I know it's now nearly 3 years old, but very clean...

That's all good, especially no advisories.
wozza   
Sun Mar 03 2013, 01:02pm

Member No: #2
If I can get my improvements done in the next month, I will be doing.
Citroening   
Sat Apr 27 2013, 03:15pm
Well it's been a while since I've updated this!

Since the last update I took the C4 along to the CCC X Rally where it was nice to park next to another C4 (Peter's Black VTS no less!) and put a name to a face.

Since the X Rally it has been giving sterling service and I'm still really liking it - I can see it staying for a good while. Today saw nice drive back through the Norfolk twisty roads which was good fun - although the VTi 120 is not in the same league as the VTS 180s it is still impressive and good fun!

Yesterday however, nearly saw me with a written off C4 which wasn't very good...

Was going down this road and there was a car parked where the silver Mazda MX5 was just past the junction on Google Maps. There was also a post office van parked on the right hand side of the road, a little way behind where the Ford Transit Tipper is on the Google Maps link. Postie was collecting post from the post box on the left.

It's a very quiet road and a 40MPH limit (many go much faster as the residential area doesn't continue much further (aerial view). Was doing 40 in 4th and dropped to 3rd to slow down ready to navigate the two parked cars - perfect to slow down a bit and go around the car on the left...

Got to just before the junction and a VW Passat Taxi appeared and I thought that he didn't look like he was slowing down... He wasn't, and continued to start to pull out of the junction. Luckily I was already slowing down, however slammed the anchors on and managed to stop. The postie on the left was a bit shocked by what nearly happened...

Lucky indeed although nice to know just how well the C4 can stop when needed, it really did stop very well indeed.

The insurance is up on the C4 in around 6 days, so I'll be organising the insurance in the very near future.
FakeConcern   
Sat Apr 27 2013, 05:13pm
Nice pics! Glad you had a near miss & not a hit. Nice also to know you are reading the situation & not just pressing on regardless like so many do. The C4 is pretty agile, sometimes I think the brakes are too sharp, but in that sort of situation, it's all good! A year of no claims has to be good too.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member