or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4 Picasso Exhaust fumes problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
fixerman   
Fri Mar 01 2013, 08:42am
Member No: #13128
My three year old diesel engined C4 Pic has suddenly started to produce very smelly, old style, exhaust fumes. Up to now I never even noticed any smell from the exhaust but now it smells like an old bus. It's due it's first MOT in three weeks time. The mileage is a mere 10,000. Any ideas?
Rich_Eason   
Fri Mar 01 2013, 10:51am

Member No: #90
I believe this is a trait of leaky injector seals...

There are plenty of threads on the forum about this...
Fuel Smells
- Click Here -

Exhaust Smells
- Click Here -
barrie   
Fri Mar 01 2013, 11:17am

Barrie
iscom   
Sat Jan 11 2014, 04:39am
Member No: #20936
I just noticed the same smell and read posting of what it could be but my question is is it safe to continue driving whilst waiting to have the problem fixed
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jan 11 2014, 07:43am

Member No: #1
As long as it's not a leaking injector dropping fuel into the sump but keep an eye on the oil level. If it starts to rise get the car sorted a.s.a.p. otherwise it could end up destroying the engine
iscom   
Sat Jan 11 2014, 10:41am
Member No: #20936
I just took off the plastic cover the injectors and the surroundings are like new with no trace of diesel. Checked the Oil which is ok.

The reason I asked was it ok to drive I am about to get the Dublin ferry on Monday night to do a quick trip to London and back Tuesday /Wednesday and would not have the to time to get to my dealer.

The only thing I have done out of the norm has been taken the kids to school(3 miles)while the wife car is off the road plus had a near rear tyre fitted
Phil   
Tue Jan 14 2014, 04:15am

Member No: #406
There's usually a horrible build up of tar like sludge if an injectors is leaking.

The other usual thing is the cat to turbo joint - poor sealing at the flange. Best thing to do is have a good sniff around the engine bay with the engine ticking over.
1 User said Thank You to Phil for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (14 Jan 2014 : 04:17)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member