or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Bluetooth Pin Number

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gmerry   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 09:38am
Member No: #11625
Hi, both mobiles suddenly stopped working via Bluetooth and have dissappeared from the list of peripherals.

When trying to connect (via search from Phone OR car), there is a new to me requirement to enter a PIN number (probably an 8 digit number or so).

Any Idea where I get the pin number from or can I cancel it.

regards
G
Hoipoloi   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 10:33am
Member No: #6006
It's normal for one of the pair to request a pin number (probably the one that initiates the request) and is usually a four digit number.
The number itself is of your choosing and is only valid for the duration of the initial pairing. You could quite simply just use 1234 unless you are in a busy environment where somebody else may be doing a pairing at the same time. If so use something more unique.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 10:49am

Member No: #1
Default (I think) is 0000 or 1234
BigJohnD   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 11:04am

Member No: #82
Set the PIN on your phone, minimum 4 digits, any number you choose. You may also wish to rename your phone while you're at it to something more personalised.

When the radio discovers your (renamed) phone, enter the same PIN and away you go.
routemaster1   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 12:09pm
Member No: #574
C6 Dave wrote ...

Default (I think) is 0000 or 1234

Default for the car is 0000 on our C4GP and C3. It is also 0000 on all of the phones I have tried.
Rich_Eason   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 12:32pm

Member No: #90
gmerry wrote ...

Hi, both mobiles suddenly stopped working via Bluetooth and have dissappeared from the list of peripherals.

When trying to connect (via search from Phone OR car), there is a new to me requirement to enter a PIN number (probably an 8 digit number or so).

Any Idea where I get the pin number from or can I cancel it.

regards
G

I "thought" the code was 1234 on the Citroen Bluetooth I had on my C4...

One thing to be mindful of is that you have to follow the pairing procedure to the tee. You cant search for the car from the phone and join to 'it', 'it' needs to find you and you accept the joining request with the 1234 code...if that makes sense!*

*at least thats how I remember the procedure!
connormoose   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 03:37pm
Member No: #5593
Yes, that was a pain in the backside trying to pair it up. I was trying to search for the car from my phone and it wouldn't work. So tried letting the car search for the phone and it paired that way. I don't know, it seems more instinctive to search from the phone.

That's what happens when you have never taken the manual out of the wallet.

gmerry, did something happen the car to wipe the pairings? Was the battery disconnected (I have no idea if that would matter) or anything? There must have been something to cause the paired phones to be wiped.
When the phones were paired the first time you or whoever paired them will have had to type in a 4 digit code. This would be a one off procedure as once they are paired it won't ask you again for a code. It's more of a security feature asking you the first time if you are sure that you trust this phone, then from then on it'll connect automatically.
gmerry   
Tue Feb 19 2013, 05:56am
Member No: #11625
Hi all, thanks for helpful replies.

The loss of the phones from the Bluetooth listings is completely unexplained.

The car could not find the phone... but the phone could find the car.

Eventually they seemed to talk to each other, after maybe 10 or so attempts. Putting in the same 4 number pin into both devices eventually restored the pairing.

Thanks
G
BigJohnD   
Tue Feb 19 2013, 06:25pm

Glad to hear your radio eventually found your phone!
yovavb   
Wed Feb 20 2013, 08:22pm
Member No: #14234
I just entered "0" and it paired. when you type the pin in your phone first, it will not pair, only when typing the pin on the radio first it will pair. Maybe it's that way so someone from outside will not pair by accident to the car.
Rich_Eason   
Thu Feb 21 2013, 05:08am

Member No: #90
yovavb wrote ...

I just entered "0" and it paired. when you type the pin in your phone first, it will not pair, only when typing the pin on the radio first it will pair. Maybe it's that way so someone from outside will not pair by accident to the car.

Absolutely.

The car has to search and pair to the phone, not the other way round. Also IIRC it will not pair if the engine is running.

It's all there in the manual!
BigJohnD   
Thu Feb 21 2013, 06:10am

yovavb wrote ...

Seems to me the PIN on the phone was "0".

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member