or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

[moved] C4 VTS remap which software?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
goose   
Sat Feb 16 2013, 01:22pm
Member No: #29286
Hi guys I've decided to add some 'juice' to my VTS by doing remap.
now since there's lot of software in the market 'which is best in term of performance' I also like to add an K&N inbox or air intake typhoon.

How much h.p and torque will be added?
BigJohnD   
Sat Feb 16 2013, 05:53pm

Member No: #82
Petrol or diesel?

A remap needs to be done professionally, e.g. Angel tuning, who keep a copy of the original mapping in the event you need to revert back. A nominal 15% increase can be obtained for a turbo diesel.

Avoid the add-on box of tricks - they are no more than electronic snake oil.

Note that new cars, say 60 plate or later, have anti-re-mapping protection. Tampering with this security will invalidate the warranty.

If a car has been re-mapped, the owner needs to inform his insurer. There may not be any change to the premia but they need to know.
wozza   
Sat Feb 16 2013, 09:15pm

Member No: #2
It's a 180 he has I think and it won't make much difference with him being from Israel with us giving him tuners here.

He needs to find a local place that can build him a map. Various bits of software will do it. It's the person building the map that is more important.
goose   
Sat Feb 16 2013, 11:01pm
Member No: #29286
goose wrote ...

Hi guys I've decided to add some 'juice' to my VTS by doing remap.
now since there's lot of software in the market 'which is best in term of performance' I also like to add an K&N inbox or air intake typhoon.

How much h.p and torque will be added?

Thanks again, of course we are talking about a local tuned shop with software (upsoulte, apr, and others) thanks for the tip about the open filter I'll stick with the inbox since we are living in summer most of the year, I'll update you when this project is done.
BigJohnD   
Sun Feb 17 2013, 06:40am

Member No: #82
wozza wrote ...

It's a 180 he has I think and it won't make much difference with him being from Israel with us giving him tuners here.

I answered via the mobile site and that info isn't readily available.
wozza   
Sun Feb 17 2013, 10:49am

Member No: #2
Forget mobile site shows up to other people. Doesn't on the iphone. Been a while since I use it. As my android tab I just also select the view desktop option in the browser.

With regards to the open cone filter. Few of the Australian lads have them and say they made a big difference and they obviously have a hot climate as well.

I have one on my 180, wouldn't go back to standard airbox now.
CamM   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 04:18am

Member No: #19249
wozza wrote ...
With regards to the open cone filter. Few of the Australian lads have them and say they made a big difference and they obviously have a hot climate as well.

I have one on my 180, wouldn't go back to standard airbox now.

Yep, the 180 is far more drivable with the Typhoon kit. Was really surprised by how restrictive the stock air box is.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member