or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Turtle Wax Zip Wax smell

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tomandjo2   
Thu Feb 14 2013, 11:41am
Member No: #20851
Anyone have a bottle of zipwax at home? I've used zipwax for years and just got a 5L tub but it stinks of amonia and I don't ever remember zipwax smelling like that.

If you have a bottle and could give it a sniff and let me know it would be appreciated.

Regards
Tom
Rich_Eason   
Sat Feb 16 2013, 03:58am

Member No: #90
Have you given it a good shake?
Commodore   
Sat Feb 16 2013, 04:36am
Member No: #21107
Stopped using Zipwax a long time ago. The finish never lasted more than a day and it can leave a nasty white residue when used with hard water.

According to some of the things I've read on Detaining World, it has apparently undergone a minor reformulation in the last year, so that might account for the new smell.
tomandjo2   
Sun Feb 17 2013, 03:31am
Thanks for teh replies, shaking tub made no difference, also treid mixing a small amount in warm water but couldn't get enough aroma to tell if it smelt like I think it should.

I'll mix a full bucket up later when I wash the car and see.

Tom
Commodore   
Sun Feb 17 2013, 05:53am
Member No: #21107
If you are not sure about it, you should dump it and get something else rather than risk it on your paintwork. Zip Wax is only cheap rubbish so no great loss if you have to tip it.
tomandjo2   
Sun Feb 17 2013, 04:19pm
Washed the car this afternoon, bucket didn't really smell of anything that I could tell (was hoping for the traditional zipwax smell), plenty of suds and left car clean and shiny after a quick chamos down.

Tom

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member