or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

C4 EGS gearbox 'Creep'?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
mangkokayon   
Thu Feb 21 2013, 07:47am
Member No: #24949
Means mine is not yet updated ... will ask the service centre bout this ... thanks!
mopowah   
Sat Dec 10 2016, 03:16pm
Member No: #46586
Mine is an e-HDi model from 09/2011 and doesn't have the creep mode.

I would very much like to update the ECU and EGS with the newest software and the Citroen service here in Denmark can do that for a fee of around 70 Euro.
But they told me that normally they do not recommend updating the software if the VIN has not been included in the lists of cars where software update is necessary.
They tell me it could lead to unexpected issue.

Has anybody updated their ECU and EGS software and how is the car behaving after the update?
BigJohnD   
Sat Dec 10 2016, 06:36pm

Member No: #82
mopowah wrote ...

... they told me that normally they do not recommend updating the software if the VIN has not been included in the lists of cars where software update is necessary.
They tell me it could lead to unexpected issue.

I agree with your dealer.
routemaster1   
Sat Dec 10 2016, 11:51pm
Member No: #574
I don't know whether you can add 'creep' using a software update, as the function was only introduced when the gearbox designation was changed from EGS to ETG. I don't know when this change happened but it was around the time of your car and may have coincided with the facelift. I also am not aware if there are any significant differences between the mechanics of the gearboxes which may make impossible to update the software.
stevjull2017   
Mon Apr 24 2017, 11:10pm
Member No: #47130
The EGS is a troublesome, clunky, slow shifting piece of rubbish. Citroen should be ashamed of themselves for releasing this sort of useless kit. I owned the series one 2006 C4 Exclusive 2.0 and the auto that came with that model was also clunky, and very noisy, in some cases it would give me a kick in the backside on takeoff that was absolutely unbelievable. I thought that Citroen would have improved but with the EGS its gone from bad to worst, I wonder how much it will be when the EGS breaks down and needs repairing?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member