or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Winter clean

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
FakeConcern   
Sat Jan 26 2013, 11:54am
Member No: #24127
With the weather being so bad lately, I hadn't cleaned the car since before Christmas. I had sort of decided to just let it get dirty until the weather improves (Easter?), but it was getting hard to see out & I've had those gritting lorries go past several times so thought I'd better give it quick go.

I had to rinse off 5 times before all the salt had gone (thinking that a job for the summer is to put an outside tap in the front of the house)Finished off with Megs Quick Detailer.

I'm sure one drive & it will be matt grey again!
peakyvtr   
Sat Jan 26 2013, 12:16pm
Member No: #28490
looks great mate
Citroening   
Sat Jan 26 2013, 01:35pm
Member No: #24121
Looking smart again! I washed the C4 on Thursday evening when I got back home as I couldn't stand the state of it any longer - the boot and rear bumper was basically white! Looked great Friday, went out today and good lord it's filthy again - this last bit of snow has turned to slush and dual carriageway speeds behind other cars/lorries etc have made it filthy again.

Call it sad, but I'm going to have to wash it again tomorrow...

Once this has all gone I plan to give it a very thorough jet washing just to ensure all that salt is evicted...
pricey68   
Sat Jan 26 2013, 01:49pm
Member No: #28848
Thought you had the car 'wrapped' in matt black on your first pic.
Commodore   
Sat Jan 26 2013, 04:31pm
Member No: #21107
Good job there mate.

Washed mine today, mostly just to get the salt off of it. Went out this evening for dinner with my mum and sister, and already the car is covered in black, grimy spray from passing cars

Will be washing again in the week at this rate.
CamM   
Sun Jan 27 2013, 01:51am

Member No: #19249
Looking fantastic!!
FakeConcern   
Sun Jan 27 2013, 09:18am
Member No: #24127
peakyvtr wrote ...

looks great mate

Thanks
Citroening wrote ...

Looking smart again! I washed the C4 on Thursday evening when I got back home as I couldn't stand the state of it any longer - the boot and rear bumper was basically white! Looked great Friday, went out today and good lord it's filthy again - this last bit of snow has turned to slush and dual carriageway speeds behind other cars/lorries etc have made it filthy again.

Call it sad, but I'm going to have to wash it again tomorrow...

Once this has all gone I plan to give it a very thorough jet washing just to ensure all that salt is evicted...

Yes common sense says leave it, but like you I couldn't stand it.
pricey68 wrote ...

Thought you had the car 'wrapped' in matt black on your first pic.

Ha ha! It does!
Commodore wrote ...

Good job there mate.

Washed mine today, mostly just to get the salt off of it. Went out this evening for dinner with my mum and sister, and already the car is covered in black, grimy spray from passing cars

Will be washing again in the week at this rate.

Know what you mean, I haven't even driven mine & needs washing again (not salt this time!)

it's splashed all over the roof side window, mirror, door, windscreen & bonnet, just going out to remove it now!
CamM wrote ...

Looking fantastic!!

Thanks. I've never seen a picture of yours looking dirty, I take it salt & slush aren't an issue, what about birds? And dust?
CamM   
Mon Jan 28 2013, 06:59am

Member No: #19249
FakeConcern wrote ...

CamM wrote ...

Looking fantastic!!

Thanks. I've never seen a picture of yours looking dirty, I take it salt & slush aren't an issue, what about birds? And dust?

That's because I have an aversion to photographing it whenever it's filthy. I wouldn't dream of taking a pic just at the moment, so you can probably guess what state it's currently in!!

Salt and slush are certainly not a problem where I am. Yeah, birds (and the occasional flying fox / fruit bat), dust, trees etc are all problems, but the killer for us really is the sun. The car cops a real battering from it and it does take its toll if left unchecked.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member