or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Loeb

My Black Facelift Loeb.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Citroening   
Sat Dec 15 2012, 01:10pm
Member No: #24121
And...I'm back! Haven't had proper access to the internet for about a week due to problems with the broadband router, and using the phone is just not the same... It's amazing just how much there is to catch up on...

The C4 Loeb is going great, and I'm liking it more everyday - it really does drive great...

Here's a pic from the other morning when it was very frosty next to a mate's C4 (reading -6!):

Citroening   
Wed Dec 19 2012, 01:47pm
Bit of an update with the C4 in that it's looking slightly different now...! Don't worry, not outlandish modifications just a private plate that I very surprising got as a birthday present yesterday...

Take no notice of the sign in the rear window - a bit of an inside ongoing joke with a few mates of mine...

Those with a good memory will notice it's a bit similar to someone else's plate on a certain C6... - Click Here -

I'll have to get a pic of them together...
Citroening   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 01:02pm
Well things are going well with the C4 and it just keeps going without fuss or bother. I gave it a well deserved spruce up at the weekend due to having not had chance for a few weeks and it was looking very muddy, the usual for this time of the year. Using some Meguiar's Gold Class Wash and Wax (or something like that) it really does bring it up well everytime I use it - Black cars really do look good when freshly cleaned... I've yet to try out the Gold Class Carnauba Wax but I am looking forward to using that at some point...

The snow has hit us today which was a bit of surprise because although the forecasts said there was chance I've learnt not to listen to them too much... There was bit of snow this morning however the C4 was fine, plodding along nicely. Same can't be said for an idiot 5 Series BMW driver - wheelspinning away from traffic lights!

Snow continued to fall most of the day and I was met with around 3 Inches of cover on the C4:

Lending someone my snow scaper I said I'd find something else - I knew I had left the old numberplates in the boot of the car for a reason! Perfect snow shifters, moving snow from the roof in seconds...

Apparently there's going to be some more tonight, however not as much as today. We'll see...
FakeConcern   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 01:13pm
Member No: #24127
Looks good in Black & White! Mine looked like that at 5.30 this morning. I didn't bother to clean it over the weekend, just in case & glad I didn't!
Citroening   
Thu Jan 17 2013, 02:06pm
Thanks! It was very clean, however it's quite the opposite now! It's forecast for heavy snow this weekend apparently so if they're wrong I think I'll give it a spruce up.

Nothing else to really report - been coping perfectly this week even in the hideously cold weather. Saw -8 Degrees at one point!

Really glad I got it - such a fab car. Can't see it going for a long time.
Citroening   
Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:30pm
Today was probably the worst snow-wise, as there must have been around 6 Inches of snow all over the C4 this morning. The roads were pretty iffy too however in general the C4 coped well. There were a few cases of wheelspinning however I think that was me 'testing the conditions'...

Here's another picture of the C4, looking rather frosty indeed...

In hindsight, our parking was pretty shocking but considering we couldn't see the lines of the parking bays it wasn't too bad...!
FakeConcern   
Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:54pm
As you say roads were pretty iffy. We didn't have as much snow as you by the looks of things, but what we had froze overnight. I couldn't scrape it off & had to pour water over the screen. I also had an "iffy" moment just up the road when I went over some sheet ice, first the back end went one way then the other, with plenty of wheel twirling & the esp light going mad! Duel carriageways had only one lane open.
riven1962   
Mon Jan 21 2013, 01:34pm
Member No: #18905
FakeConcern wrote ...

As you say roads were pretty iffy. We didn't have as much snow as you by the looks of things, but what we had froze overnight. I couldn't scrape it off & had to pour water over the screen.

Never pour water over the screen. I just sit in the car for a few min's until it clears.
Citroening   
Mon Jan 21 2013, 01:52pm
Looks like we had a bit more snow that you then... That was taken around 9:00PM last night and more came down in the night.

Regarding clearing the car when it's like this I tend to start it up about 10 minutes before I'm set to go to get the heater going. I've a very good technique to clear the snow - using the old number plates in the boot they act for excellent snow clearers. You don't need to touch the paintwork, just slide the snow off. Works fabulously. Bit of De-Icer on the screens and wipers on, and when ready to leave it's clear and warm.

Not been liking the Stainless Gear Knob though! Too colour on these negative temperature mornings!
FakeConcern   
Mon Jan 21 2013, 01:56pm
I have never used water before, but nothing else was shifting it. You can see the snow on the screen, well it was frozen solid & neither the scraper nor the de icer would touch it. I don't think my neighbours would thank me for sitting with engine running for 15 minutes at 5am! I'm not even sure it would have done the trick anyway, the bits of ice missed by the water were still on the screen 20 miles later!
(sorry Franklin for taking over your thread!)
Citroening   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 11:40am
Haven't updated this for a little while so thought I should... C4 is still going great, still enjoying it and keeps going with fuss or bother! I've not washed it since the last of the snow due to not having enough time to get it done, however managed to get it done this afternoon. I still need to get the jetwash out and give it a good going over underneath and the wheelarches to ensure that evil salt isn't still there...

Excuse the useless phone pictures...

Also filled it up today, which I actually don't think I've done before. Got 55 Litres in which was right to the top - not sure what these tanks hold but there was 25 Miles left on the trip...
FakeConcern   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 11:54am
Lovely as always!
BigJohnD   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 01:30pm

Member No: #82
Your fuel tank holds a nominal 60 litres.

I once got 62 litres in but I was driving on fumes when I arrived at the pump. - Click Here -
Citroening   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 02:29pm
FakeConcern wrote ...
Lovely as always!

Many thanks. I endeavour to get some better photos of it with the Nikon at some point...
BigJohnD wrote ...
Your fuel tank holds a nominal 60 litres.

Thanks John, I had been wondering.
CamM   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 09:42pm

Member No: #19249
Looking nice and shiny
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member